Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
Everyone needs a scapegoat.
<!--quoteo(post=91517:date=Apr 21 2010, 08:46 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 21 2010, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Everyone needs a scapegoat.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
People are scared to criticize Lou for wanting some of these players the past few seasons. It's a joke. He and Hendry should have been jettisoned at the end of last season for constructing such a flawed and inflexible roster, but that was never in the cards. This is the Rickettses opportunity to start building an organization the right way, and that cannot happen with the current management that is in place.
<!--quoteo(post=91521:date=Apr 21 2010, 08:58 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 21 2010, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91517:date=Apr 21 2010, 08:46 AM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 21 2010, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Everyone needs a scapegoat.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
People are scared to criticize Lou for wanting some of these players the past few seasons. It's a joke. He and Hendry should have been jettisoned at the end of last season for constructing such a flawed and inflexible roster, but that was never in the cards. This is the Rickettses opportunity to start building an organization the right way, and that cannot happen with the current management that is in place.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There will be changes made this winter. I'm hopeful for that.

I'm not having any part of scapegoating Alf. He's infuriating but such a minor part of the problem. On the other hand, when I read bullshit, I call bullshit.
<!--quoteo(post=91515:date=Apr 21 2010, 08:44 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 21 2010, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think it's funny that we have a 15 page thread on Soriano as though he's the sole issue with this team. There are no 15 page threads on Ramirez being horrible. There aren't threads on DLee or Fukudome. Theriot doesn't have a thread. The bullpen has a thread that's more about philosophy on creating a bullpen, than on how horrible they've been.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Amen.

I feel a rant coming on, but this team isn't worth the effort.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=91464:date=Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, you DO risk making the second out at third base.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So he should stand at home at watch the ball because he didn't want to make the third out at third? Seriously? Quit covering for this asshole. I'm glad he's getting ripped by the media, I'm glad he's getting booed.

Question: Soriano says he's quitting the hop. Is that a direct result of getting booed everyday? And if so, then isn't booing a good thing in this instance?
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=91536:date=Apr 21 2010, 09:44 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 21 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91464:date=Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, you DO risk making the second out at third base.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So he should stand at home at watch the ball because he didn't want to make the third out at third? Seriously? Quit covering for this asshole. I'm glad he's getting ripped by the media, I'm glad he's getting booed.

Question: Soriano says he's quitting the hop. Is that a direct result of getting booed everyday? And if so, then isn't booing a good thing in this instance?

Ace is agreeing with you Tom.

Soriano is dropping the hop because he keeps dropping balls. My guess is that he would have done it regardless of how the fans treated him.

Booing Soriano for bad defense is the equivalent of booing the sun for rising in the east. He is a bad fielder. He will continue to be a bad fielder. Booing will not change that. It will either:

A- not affect him
B- put more pressure on him, causing to screw up even more.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=91534:date=Apr 21 2010, 09:43 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Apr 21 2010, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91515:date=Apr 21 2010, 08:44 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 21 2010, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think it's funny that we have a 15 page thread on Soriano as though he's the sole issue with this team. There are no 15 page threads on Ramirez being horrible. There aren't threads on DLee or Fukudome. Theriot doesn't have a thread. The bullpen has a thread that's more about philosophy on creating a bullpen, than on how horrible they've been.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Amen.

I feel a rant coming on, but this team isn't worth the effort.

The Ramirez thread hasn't started because I believe that we all believe that he will come out of this. He's always been a solid player and this funk is uncharacteristic. I guarantee that another couple of weeks of this and he'll get his thread. Same with Lee.

Theriot, Fukudome, and the bullpen have been ripped, disected, and criticized ad nauseum. Just because there hasn't been threads about them, doesn't mean it isn't so.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=91536:date=Apr 21 2010, 09:44 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 21 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91464:date=Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, you DO risk making the second out at third base.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ace was saying that you ARE supposed to risk making the second out at third. He wasn't covering for Soriano.
<!--quoteo(post=91539:date=Apr 21 2010, 10:06 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 21 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91536:date=Apr 21 2010, 09:44 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 21 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91464:date=Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, you DO risk making the second out at third base.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ace was saying that you ARE supposed to risk making the second out at third. He wasn't covering for Soriano.

Okay, my bad. What about the second half of my post?
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=91604:date=Apr 21 2010, 12:43 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 21 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91539:date=Apr 21 2010, 10:06 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 21 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91536:date=Apr 21 2010, 09:44 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 21 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91464:date=Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 20 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, you DO risk making the second out at third base.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Okay, my bad. What about the second half of my post?
I didn't read it.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Question: Soriano says he's quitting the hop. Is that a direct result of getting booed everyday?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No.
Someone is heating up....
No shit.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

....Oh, wait....

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
As long as Soriano hits this well, I won't be too upset about his defense. Still doesn't make him worth $19 million, though, and that's my main complaint about him.