Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano
He's enjoys playing soccer. He has been known to play pickup games with his family.
<!--quoteo(post=112007:date=Aug 23 2010, 11:54 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Aug 23 2010, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He's enjoys playing soccer. He has been known to play pickup games with his family.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I actually knew that, and he's been known to show up at Fire games as well, but it is still odd to me that this was his choice, given that most baseball fans don't care for soccer. Still this makes much more sense than Theriot's Captain Morgan pose/fishing bobblehead earlier in the season.
So does this mean that Zambrano will also receive a one way ticket to the Dodgers?
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=112029:date=Aug 23 2010, 02:16 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 23 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=112007:date=Aug 23 2010, 11:54 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Aug 23 2010, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He's enjoys playing soccer. He has been known to play pickup games with his family.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I actually knew that, and he's been known to show up at Fire games as well, but it is still odd to me that this was his choice, given that most baseball fans don't care for soccer. Still this makes much more sense than Theriot's Captain Morgan pose/fishing bobblehead earlier in the season.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That was the fuck-you-Theriot-you-non-ballplaying-motherfucker bobblehead.
He plays softball at the same field my work buddies play at. They say he's pretty good.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
His control's been horrible over the last month(except for this Washington start), but he's put up some pretty good results. These last 4 starts, he's yet to allow over 2 runs. And this start was his best performance of the season.
@TheBlogfines
Anyone see if his velocity has returned?
You know what? Zambrano might still be good.

Makes me wonder what kind of season he could have had if not for the absolutely retarded decision to put him in the bullpen.
Wang.
Z had nothing in April. At best he was a 5 inning pitcher and the bullpen was struggling so I understand the decision even if it turned out to be wrong.

Hopefully, he gains his strength and velocity back and can keep his head on straight.
I didn't see the game, but the highlights had his fastball in the high 80s... I'm hoping the Nats gun was off...
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=112207:date=Aug 25 2010, 06:38 AM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Aug 25 2010, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Z had nothing in April. At best he was a 5 inning pitcher and the bullpen was struggling so I understand the decision even if it turned out to be wrong.

Hopefully, he gains his strength and velocity back and can keep his head on straight.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A lot of pitchers struggle in April. Most of them are given the chance to work out of it.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=112205:date=Aug 25 2010, 05:41 AM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Aug 25 2010, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone see if his velocity has returned?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I watched most of the game. Z hit 92 once or twice in the late innings, but was usually in the 88-90 range on his fastball. He had a very different over-the-top arm slot on several fastballs last night. Almost all of them started high and remained high or were high strikes. When he pitched in his normal three-quarters arm slot he had a lot of downward movement on the fastball like usual. That's a good out pitch but I think he has trouble throwing it for strikes. He was using the new arm slot to try to get ahead because he normally used it early in the count.

It was an impressive start, although I don't believe his stuff was that great. He was facing one of the worst teams in baseball. But he did limit his walks and get people out. Definitely a positive. He even got out of a shaky first inning where Castro made a dumb error and Colvin misplayed a bill hit to CF for a hit. He kept his composure and got Dunn to GIDP to end the inning.
<!--quoteo(post=112210:date=Aug 25 2010, 07:17 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 25 2010, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=112207:date=Aug 25 2010, 06:38 AM:name=1060Ivy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Aug 25 2010, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Z had nothing in April. At best he was a 5 inning pitcher and the bullpen was struggling so I understand the decision even if it turned out to be wrong.

Hopefully, he gains his strength and velocity back and can keep his head on straight.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A lot of pitchers struggle in April. Most of them are given the chance to work out of it.
Actually, aside from his opening day start, Z pitched 7, 5 & 6 innings in his only 3 starts before the demotion in April, so he hasn't ever been a 5 inning pitcher. I think a lot of what gets gets passed around as fact here sometimes is revisionist history, but I'm not pointing any fingers.

Anyway, I'm not saying that Z is fixed, but the trend is good, and at the very least it helps his trade value, if there is any.
<!--quoteo(post=112215:date=Aug 25 2010, 08:35 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 25 2010, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=112210:date=Aug 25 2010, 07:17 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 25 2010, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=112207:date=Aug 25 2010, 06:38 AM:name=1060Ivy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Aug 25 2010, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Z had nothing in April. At best he was a 5 inning pitcher and the bullpen was struggling so I understand the decision even if it turned out to be wrong.

Actually, aside from his opening day start, Z pitched 7, 5 & 6 innings in his only 3 starts before the demotion in April, so he hasn't ever been a 5 inning pitcher. I think a lot of what gets gets passed around as fact here sometimes is revisionist history, but I'm not pointing any fingers.

Anyway, I'm not saying that Z is fixed, but the trend is good, and at the very least it helps his trade value, if there is any.

Z in April was not good. He seemed like he struggled in each of his starts although he did pitch an OK game in his second start.

His record as a starter was 1-3. In his 4 starts, he went 1.3, 7,5,6 innings so he averaged under 5 innings even throwing out the terrible opening day debacle, he averaged 5 innings.

Saw him against the Brewers when he labored through 5 innings on 121 pitches.

His pitch counts for each start were 49 pitches (1.3 innings), 110 pitches (7 innings), 121 pitches (5 innings) and 119 pitches (6 innings).
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->His record as a starter was 1-3. In his 4 starts, he went 1.3, 7,5,6 innings so he averaged under 5 innings even throwing out the terrible opening day debacle, he averaged 5 innings.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I never said he was good, just pointing out that aside from his opening day start, Z wasn't just a 5 inning pitcher in April. And the average of 7,5 & 6 is 6, not 5. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

And I wasn't singling you out with my revisionist history comment. It was just a general statement about the majority of fans and the media.