Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Check out Twitter, if you're so inclined, BA is announcing their rankings and have Bryant (1), Russell (3), and Schwarber as high as 20.  Good stuff.  They say he can rake.

https://twitter.com/benbadler/status/568599436869423104

The BA special is running again on MLBN at 9pm CST.

Scratch that, it just ended and not certain when the next replay will be.

Oh yeah...Soler at #12.

Edwards #39 and McKinney at #84.

I was wrong..Soler was 12.

Damn it Twitter...Schwarber is actually #19.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/2015-top-100-prospects/

Quote:I was wrong..Soler was 12.

Damn it Twitter...Schwarber is actually #19.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/2015-top-100-prospects/

From what I've seen, on TV, they included Moncada.  Online, they didn't.  So Schwarber was 20 on TV and 19 online.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Ok, that makes sense then.

Law names Bryant & Soler #1 & #2 respectively as the prospects likely to have the biggest impact in 2015.

Bryant:
Quote:Bryant probably won't head north with the Cubs on April 5, but he'll be at Wrigley Field maybe two weeks later as the Cubs look to push off his eventual free agency by a year. He's my pick right now to win NL Rookie of the Year, likely to hit 20-plus homers and get on base at a strong clip even with a strikeout rate that will probably top 25 percent.

Soler:
Quote:If Bryant doesn't win the ROY award, maybe his teammate will. Soler hit the majors like he was fusing deuterium and tritium nuclei, but it lasted only about a week before he discovered the travails of a hitter facing the major league strike zone. His hands are explosive, and he's a more disciplined hitter than the raw strikeout rate he had with the Cubs last year might indicate. He should have 25 homers in him this year, but with a modest OBP and average to above-average defense in right.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Modest OBP for Soler? I sure hope not.
Ahhhhh.....what an exciting year this will be.

Signature.
Arizona Phil reports that Almora limped off with a suspected knee injury in yesterday's game.

Damn, hopefully it isn't anything serious. He was looking really good in ST, and seemed to be primed for a nice bounceback season.
Arizona Phil -

Albert Almora, who left yesterday's Tennessee game at Riverview Park with a knee injury (last seen limping to the clubhouse), was back on the field today, fully participating in morning drills (baserunning, fielding and BP) on Field #5.

Also, Dan Vogelbach has been practicing his bunting (he was out on Field #6 at 8 AM this morning), and has gotten pretty good at bunting balls toward 3rd base to defeat the extreme shift he usually faces when batting.