Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Can't drive a guy in if you're taking walks. Unbelievable. Not a team player at all.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Baez's OPS by month:

April - .617

May - .738

June - .815

July - .999

August (so far) - 1.400
I just want to drink beer and play atari
I was just about to post this in that thread at BN, as this seems to me to be the most salient point: .321/.392/.624 with 33 R, 12 HR, and 42 RBI since June 19th.

Why June 19th? That's when Kris Bryant came up to Iowa and started protecting Baez in the lineup.

Of course, his BAbip has been very high since then too (.373).

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

That raises a question of where the best place to bat him when he comes up will be.  Let's say he gets called up today, is it too much to put on him to bat him cleanup in order to protect him by hitting him between Rizzo & Castro?

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
If he comes up before Bryant, I'd hope to see them consider hitting him before Rizzo even. If he and Bryant come up together . . .

By the way, here's another spin on the numbers, cribbed from my BN alter ego:

Before Bryant's call-up, Baez's numbers were .215/.269/.426 with 15/84 BB/K in 245 PA.

In the 189 PA with Bryant in the line-up--in addition to the numbers above--Baez has 20 BBs and only 45 Ks.
--Veryzer

Of course, the difference Bryant's ascension to Iowa made could very well have been psychological too: a mental push that Baez may be eclipsed in his role of the golden child in the organization.
--Veryzer

Quote:If he comes up before Bryant, I'd hope to see them consider hitting him before Rizzo even. If he and Bryant come up together . . .

Before Bryant's call-up, Baez's numbers were .215/.269/.426 with 15/84 BB/K in 245 PA.

In the 189 PA with Bryant in the line-up--in addition to the numbers above--Baez has 20 BBs and only 45 Ks.

This is kind of why I'd like to see them spend money on a veteran LF/RF, at least for the short term. The heart of the lineup is going to be some form of Baez-Bryant-Rizzo. They need a decent threat to hit behind the trio. Somebody other than Junior Lake or Nate Schierholtz.
Don't forget Soler. I'd bet he is up before all of them and is inserted in the 4 hole.
Quote:If he comes up before Bryant, I'd hope to see them consider hitting him before Rizzo even. If he and Bryant come up together . . .

That might have something to do with it, but don't forget that it also appears that Baez is a slow starter.  He was pretty cold at the start of last season as well and started lighting it up by June.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="VanSlawAndCottoCheese" data-cid="226130" data-time="1407170899">
<div>
If he comes up before Bryant, I'd hope to see them consider hitting him before Rizzo even. If he and Bryant come up together . . .

That might have something to do with it, but don't forget that it also appears that Baez is a slow starter.  He was pretty cold at the start of last season as well and started lighting it up by June.

</div>
</blockquote>
In addition to getting adjusted to more advance AAA pitching.
aaahhh what??!?!?!

Bruce Levine ‏@<b>MLBBruceLevine</b> 2 mins

Cubs source confirms Javier Baez to join team in Colorado on Tuesday .

Everyone is reporting it.  Jed, you little liar you.

I'm about 6' tall right now, horizontally...
I think Manny had a big influence on Javy ?
It's wide open for Russell to be called up to Iowa now.