Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
In a related story, Bryant has been named to the U.S. team for the Futures game.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Baez also named to the Futures game.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Bryant has been named Pope of Des Moines.

I heard one of Bryant's home runs hit a guy in the stands in the head. When they took him to the doctor, it revealed a tumor. The doctor said if he had waited another hour it would've been too late. That man is making a full recovery as we speak. Kris Bryant saved his life.

1-2 for Baez with two walks and no strikeouts!

Bryant's approach has started to rub off on him.
Alcantara is hitting .290 with 18 steals.

Bring him.
I think we'll definitely see Alcantara this year.  I believe they think he's handling CF quite well.

The last couple games I have seen him playing 2B again.

Yes, but the infield is crowded.  I presume he would be moved to center if Bryant can handle third and baez gets pushed to 2nd.  I suppose you get rid of Barney for the time being and play him at 2nd until the other two are ready.

Everyone just assumes that Baez will be able to transition to 2B with no problem.  What if he can't?  Plus, if that is the plan, when do you think they start that transition?  You can't call the kid up and then say, "oh, by the way, you are our 2nd baseman".  Switching positions will slow his development.  I think it may be just as likely that Baez gets moved to RF as he does 2B.

If that is the case, you could move Castro to 2B and Baez to SS.
Quote:If that is the case, you could move Castro to 2B and Baez to SS.
I don't think that Castro should be moved midseason (meaning 2015 at the earliest) either. He should be given spring training to adjust to a new position, especially a middle infield position.

I don't think we'll see Baez in the majors this year at all. They'll probably figure out positions next spring training (assuming 2015 is when we'll start to see promotions).
Quote:Everyone just assumes that Baez will be able to transition to 2B with no problem.  What if he can't?  Plus, if that is the plan, when do you think they start that transition?  You can't call the kid up and then say, "oh, by the way, you are our 2nd baseman".  Switching positions will slow his development.  I think it may be just as likely that Baez gets moved to RF as he does 2B.

I think for now, they are wanting him to concentrate on the offensive side of things, figuring out what it's going to take to be a good bat. I think the move to 2B would have already happened if he was tearing it up in Iowa. Unfortunately he is not (although we've seen glimpses) and it seems he'll need at least a full year in Iowa, which allows for the move to 2B to be delayed. Alcantara will be moved up soon and if we see some consistency from Baez with the bat, we'll see him plenty at 2B before the AAA season is up.
Dylan McKay is my hero