Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Yeah he's obviously well on his way to a Hall of Fame career.
Soler is back in action, and got some ABs down in the AZ Rookie league Saturday and Sunday.

He went 4 for 8 over the two games.

I just want to drink beer and play atari
He clearly has peaked. Trade him.
Bryant, HR and a BB so far today.

He good.

Quote:I don't think Baez and Bryant should be getting protection in the batting order like this and I sure as *hell* don't think they should be protecting him in the order. I think the whole thing is a sideshow and at odds with we're told is a methodical and businesslike approach to building a winner. I think it's a distraction...and that it might be an intentional one. I don't think minor league coaching should be generating buzz.

I also don't fucking like Ramirez.

Now get off my lawn.

Honestly, brother, I think that Ramirez is only a distraction to he who allows him to be.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="222828" data-time="1403395689">
<div>
I don't think Baez and Bryant should be getting protection in the batting order like this and I sure as *hell* don't think they should be protecting him in the order. I think the whole thing is a sideshow and at odds with we're told is a methodical and businesslike approach to building a winner. I think it's a distraction...and that it might be an intentional one. I don't think minor league coaching should be generating buzz.

I also don't fucking like Ramirez.

Now get off my lawn.

Honestly, brother, I think that Ramirez is only a distraction to he who allows him to be.

</div>
</blockquote>
And I'm all over that shit.
All of Bryant's AAA hits thus far have been HRs. Very Olt-like numbers.
I was waiting for the Olt comparison.  The difference for me, is that Olt swings out of his shoes on every swing, where Bryant's HR's look smooth and effortless.

Very good point. They showed a few of his HRs last night during the Cubs game. All of them left me thinking, "how did those leave the yard?" his swing was so effortless, actually hit them to the opposite field.
Speaking of, three run bomb in the first for Bryant. Wow.

Dylan McKay is my hero
Opposite field shot.  The guy is just awesome, he's just awesome in every way.  I just want to watch him play baseball on television.  Is that too much to ask?

Damn...so that makes 27 on the year.

Come on now Javy, time to heat up.

Now they are catching on:

[Image: Bq6iyASCAAMXV04.jpg]

Quote:Opposite field shot.  The guy is just awesome, he's just awesome in every way.  I just want to watch him play baseball on television.  Is that too much to ask?
If this ridiculousness continues, can't imagine he wouldn't be considered for a September cup 'o coffee. I know the FO doesn't give cookies, but this could be good for Bryant and the fans.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="vitaminB" data-cid="222977" data-time="1403631902">
Opposite field shot.  The guy is just awesome, he's just awesome in every way.  I just want to watch him play baseball on television.  Is that too much to ask?
If this ridiculousness continues, can't imagine he wouldn't be considered for a September cup 'o coffee. I know the FO doesn't give cookies, but this could be good for Bryant and the fans.

</blockquote>

I can't imagine he would be considered for a September call-up.  Especially with Boras as his agent (meaning he's likely to actually test free agency), I can't envision him being called up until he wouldn't be FA-eligible until after the 2021 season, and that means sometime in May 2015 at the earliest.  

I don't think they'd call him up in September with an eye towards having him start 2015 back in Iowa because: (A) all you do is delay when he could be called up from May to June; and (B) once he's been a major leaguer, it becomes very difficult to send him back to Iowa if he has a good spring, meaning he's a free agent after 2020 and all they got for it was a September call-up.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]