Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
So from the box score it appears that Edwards was god-awful tonight against the Padres. Hopefully just an off night and not a sign of things to come.

And Almora almost died in CF chasing down a long drive against the Angels earlier today. Not a great day for the future of this team.
I don't worry the slightest bit about a pitcher who has only gotten as high as A-ball getting lit up in his first ever spring training appearance.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Quote:I don't worry the slightest bit about a pitcher who has only gotten as high as A-ball getting lit up in his first ever spring training appearance.
Me neither. And it sounds like Almora ran off the field with only a knee bruise. We dodged a bullet. 
Sounds like Edwards was really nervous and actually had a decent 1st inning before the wheels came off. Not worried either.

And yeah Almora ran off the field on his own, but it was a scary few minutes nonetheless.
Openning day Line up in Iowa today:

Szczur

Alcantara

Baez

Vitters

Coghlan

Villanueva

Jackson

Whiteside

Rusin

Not bad, not bad.

Jackson can't do worse than his .210 BA in 2013, can he?

I just want to drink beer and play atari
Yes... Yes he can. His bat is made out of Swiss cheese.
Bryant with a homer in his first at bat... Then intentionally thrown at next at bat.

Soler pulled early from the game after 1 at bat. Not sure why?

Baez walked!
Bryant has a HR and Soler started the game got a double but then was taken our for some unknown reason. Hopefully he's not injured again.

Quote:Bryant with a homer in his first at bat... Then intentionally thrown at next at bat.

Soler pulled early from the game after 1 at bat. Not sure why?

Baez walked!
2 K's for Baez also, the guys on radio also don't know why Soler was taken out...
Quote:Openning day Line up in Iowa today:

Szczur

Alcantara

Baez

Vitters

Coghlan

Villanueva

Jackson

Whiteside

Rusin

Not bad, not bad.

Jackson can't do worse than his .210 BA in 2013, can he?
3K's for Brett Jackson, so maybe he can...
So in their first minor league action yesterday:

Bryant homered off Matt Latos and then was HBP and stole 2nd

Baez and Jackson K'd a bunch of times and went hitless

Soler doubled in his only AB and then left the game with hamstring tightness

Gotta love Cubs baseball.
Soler is starting to frustrate the hell out of me.  I know hammy injuries this time of year with the cold weather are common but his injury history is starting to become worrisome.

I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<a class="" href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Cubs&src=hash">#<b>Cubs</b></a> prospect Jorge Soler will undergo an MRI on his left calf. He had to leave Thursday's game after hitting a double and feeling pain
Shit....

Mick Gillispie ‏@<b>BroadcasterMick</b> <a class="" href="https://twitter.com/BroadcasterMick/status/452171681516494848" title="2:51 PM - 4 Apr 2014">2 mins</a>

<p class="">Cubs place Jorge Soler on the 7 Day MiLB-DL with Right Hamstring Soreness. He was 1-for-1 last night with a double but left after the 1st in
Only missing 7 days is probably a good thing no?