Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
There's no doubt he's always going to be a strike out guy.  Hoping he can keep them down though.

I'm hoping Olt wins the starting job.

Baez has always scared the crap out of me at the plate with his undisciplined tendencies BUT he seems like the sort or confident kid who won't let a few embarrassing strikeouts deter him from becoming a productive hitter. If he becomes even modestly more selective, this guy could become one of the most feared hitters in the game.
Baez makes my penis hard.

Are we going to see Soler break camp with the big league club this year?

Quote:Baez has always scared the crap out of me at the plate with his undisciplined tendencies BUT he seems like the sort or confident kid who won't let a few embarrassing strikeouts deter him from becoming a productive hitter. If he becomes even modestly more selective, this guy could become one of the most feared hitters in the game.
I think if he stays a free swinger, he could be a .250 / 35 hr guy and in the infield that bat plays very well. And that might be a worst case scenario at this point. I just can't this kid not going deep 35+ times a year. Now if he becomes selective? Yipes. We're talking Miguel Carbrera like numbers. 
Good stuff from Callis.

http://www.bleachernation.com/2014/03/19...-twitters/

Quote:Are we going to see Soler break camp with the big league club this year?

Uh, since he missed about half of last year at A-ball, I'm going to guess no.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
There is no way.  He's still way too raw.

Quote:Are we going to see Soler break camp with the big league club this year?
No. If he's successful at AA, I think he'll get a cup of coffee at AAA. 

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="vitaminB" data-cid="215563" data-time="1395245572">
<div>
Are we going to see Soler break camp with the big league club this year?
No. If he's successful at AA, I think he'll get a cup of coffee at AAA. 

</div>
</blockquote>
For some reason I forgot he was injured for a big chunk of last year.  I've seen some 2015 projections. That sounds about right.
He looked pretty rough out in RF the few times he got in ST games too, so he needs a lot of work in all aspects of his game.
Baez with another one tonight.  

Ho hum.  Just another day.

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=31593231&topic_id=6479266&width=600&height=336&property=mlb' width='600' height='336' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I would love to know the distances on some of his HR's.  The Rockies guys said it had to be at least 450.  

He has Frank Thomas and Sheffield in that swing.  It's gonna be real interesting to see how he does in AAA.
Or is he going to AA with Bryant?