Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs-Sox Week
<!--quoteo(post=44593:date=Jun 16 2009, 08:55 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Jun 16 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Any word yet on the makeup date?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Never, hopefully.
<!--quoteo(post=44598:date=Jun 16 2009, 09:14 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 16 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=44593:date=Jun 16 2009, 08:55 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Jun 16 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Any word yet on the makeup date?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Never, hopefully.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hopefully it will take place in hell.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...rtnerId=rss_chc
And Z is being pushed back to Thursday. Great, Dempster is pitching game one of another big series. Joy!
Trib is suggesting that the makeup game will be on September 3, but that's not official yet.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Hey, I'm all for these rainouts - it just postpones these games until A-Ram can actually play in them.
So, does anyone even give a shit about today's game or the remainder of this series? I find myself wanting to bury my head in the sand for the next 72 hours.

And Buehrle already started this morning by ripping on Wrigley again saying that he would think twice about ever signing with the Cards down the road mainly because he hates playing on the North Side so freaking much. Fucking white trash pussy.
<!--quoteo(post=46367:date=Jun 26 2009, 12:45 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 26 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So, does anyone even give a shit about today's game or the remainder of this series? I find myself wanting to bury my head in the sand for the next 72 hours.

And Buehrle already started this morning by ripping on Wrigley again saying that he would think twice about ever signing with the Cards down the road mainly because he hates playing on the North Side so freaking much. Fucking white trash pussy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I wonder if Buehrle realizes that this series is being played at U.S. Cellular.
<!--quoteo(post=46367:date=Jun 26 2009, 10:45 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 26 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So, does anyone even give a shit about today's game or the remainder of this series? I find myself wanting to bury my head in the sand for the next 72 hours.

And Buehrle already started this morning by ripping on Wrigley again saying that he would think twice about ever signing with the Cards down the road mainly because he hates playing on the North Side so freaking much. Fucking white trash pussy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it's amazing really. you never hear any Cubs or Lou talking any kind of shit about anything Sox. yet those fuckers say shit every single year. just continues to show that they are pricks. Buehrle, Danks, A.J., Kenny, and Ozzie can all fucking eat it.

And no. I don't really give a shit about this series. I expect the Cubs to lose two of three, which will lead to a flood of Sox douchebags celebrating in typical asshole fashion.
meh.
And to answer your first question -- I care to the degree that I like it when the Cubs win and I'm still holding out a little hope that we can turn the season around. I also don't want to hear all the chest thumping of the troglodytes on the South Side if the Sox win the series.

So...I do care. But it's more dread than excitement.
Yeah I'm kinda on the same page, Butch. I care because it's a game we need to win, not because it's the socks.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
<!--quoteo(post=46371:date=Jun 26 2009, 12:57 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 26 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And to answer your first question -- I care to the degree that I like it when the Cubs win and I'm still holding out a little hope that we can turn the season around. I also don't want to hear all the chest thumping of the troglodytes on the South Side if the Sox win the series.

So...I do care. But it's more dread than excitement.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Pretty much the same for me, only I wish I could fast forward to Monday already. I really have no desire to watch any of the games because it's extremely nerve wracking for me, and always has been. Even the victories are less than fun until the very end.
I just watched the replay of the game on comcast, and Steve Stone, and of course Hawk, can suck my cock. I heard the replay of those bitches complaining about the last pitch of the game, and it was a fucking joke. IF that pitch was outside, it was outside by 2 inches. Way to close for Scotty nonads to take it with 2 strikes.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=46566:date=Jun 26 2009, 09:40 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 26 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just watched the replay of the game on comcast, and Steve Stone, and of course Hawk, can suck my cock. I heard the replay of those bitches complaining about the last pitch of the game, and it was a fucking joke. IF that pitch was outside, it was outside by 2 inches. Way to close for Scotty nonads to take it with 2 strikes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Considering Fields should have been struck out on the 2-2 pitch anyway, the ump owed the Cubs those 1.675 inches that ball may have been outside by.
<!--quoteo(post=46566:date=Jun 26 2009, 08:40 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 26 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just watched the replay of the game on comcast, and Steve Stone, and of course Hawk, can suck my cock. I heard the replay of those bitches complaining about the last pitch of the game, and it was a fucking joke. IF that pitch was outside, it was outside by 2 inches. Way to close for Scotty nonads to take it with 2 strikes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It was at least 7 inches outside. Hawk said so and he's never wrong.

Kidding aside, I actually had a sox fan tell me recently that Hawk is "the pinnacle of human sports casting" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]