Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano
<!--quoteo(post=110388:date=Aug 10 2010, 10:05 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Aug 10 2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=110382:date=Aug 10 2010, 08:41 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Aug 10 2010, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=110378:date=Aug 10 2010, 07:54 AM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Aug 10 2010, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->No they wouldn't. That's not good or even decent.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I have to agree. I watched the entire game up through Z's exit, and while the velocity and movement were nice and all, he was VERY lucky not to have given up at least 5 runs. At one point his strike/ball ratio was around 2/3 and even that was better than he actually looked. Anyway, I realize it is his first start back and he wasn't stretched out properly at all before this, but NO pitcher can expect to win on a consistent basis falling behind just about every hitter.

There was an AB early in the game, against Huff I believe, where Z clearly got hosed on 2 missed strike calls and then he ended up walking him, and Z seemed to never recover from that. So much for anger management. Same Z as always, and it really pains me to say it.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think you're probably right that the missed strike calls affected him, by what does that have to do with anger?

It's what he does, and it's why he'll never be an effective starter in this league again. The same thing happened on opening day. The outfield misplayed a ball. He let it get to him, and then he just starts chucking the ball to the plate rapid fire style. Things aren't going his way so he gives up in frustration.
7 walks... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/toilet.gif[/img]

How in the hell did he only give up 2 runs? I guess that's semi impressive. 7 walks and 2 runs over 5 innings. Effectively wild? Or just plain insane? I go the insane route. Holy crap that's insane.
Dylan McKay is my hero
<!--quoteo(post=110388:date=Aug 10 2010, 09:05 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Aug 10 2010, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=110382:date=Aug 10 2010, 08:41 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Aug 10 2010, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=110378:date=Aug 10 2010, 07:54 AM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Aug 10 2010, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->No they wouldn't. That's not good or even decent.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I have to agree. I watched the entire game up through Z's exit, and while the velocity and movement were nice and all, he was VERY lucky not to have given up at least 5 runs. At one point his strike/ball ratio was around 2/3 and even that was better than he actually looked. Anyway, I realize it is his first start back and he wasn't stretched out properly at all before this, but NO pitcher can expect to win on a consistent basis falling behind just about every hitter.

There was an AB early in the game, against Huff I believe, where Z clearly got hosed on 2 missed strike calls and then he ended up walking him, and Z seemed to never recover from that. So much for anger management. Same Z as always, and it really pains me to say it.

I think you're probably right that the missed strike calls affected him, by what does that have to do with anger?
Because whether he blows up or not, he still seems to easily get flustered and lose focus, which affects his mechanics more times than not. And isn't a major part of anger management to learn to manage stressful situations and maintain control so that it doesn't (or at least minimally) affect your performance?
<!--quoteo(post=110392:date=Aug 10 2010, 09:13 AM:name=willis)-->QUOTE (willis @ Aug 10 2010, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->7 walks... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/toilet.gif[/img]

How in the hell did he only give up 2 runs? I guess that's semi impressive. 7 walks and 2 runs over 5 innings. Effectively wild? Or just plain insane? I go the insane route. Holy crap that's insane.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Double plays, and rocket shots hit right at DeWitt. It was a pretty bad outing. Here's hoping his next one plays out a little better.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
So much for Z being held to 80 pitches. He threw 95. His WHIP is now a shittastic 1.79.
<!--quoteo(post=110380:date=Aug 10 2010, 06:34 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 10 2010, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->When I said that was pretty good, I meant Destined's guess was pretty good. Zambrano's actual line blew.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Close enough.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=110395:date=Aug 10 2010, 09:24 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Aug 10 2010, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=110392:date=Aug 10 2010, 09:13 AM:name=willis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (willis @ Aug 10 2010, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->7 walks... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/toilet.gif[/img]

How in the hell did he only give up 2 runs? I guess that's semi impressive. 7 walks and 2 runs over 5 innings. Effectively wild? Or just plain insane? I go the insane route. Holy crap that's insane.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Double plays, and rocket shots hit right at DeWitt. It was a pretty bad outing. Here's hoping his next one plays out a little better.

Yeah I didn't see the game, had to follow it on the computer. It did seem like there were a lot of line drive outs. I had to think there was some luck involved to give up 2 with 7 walks.
Dylan McKay is my hero
I was watching the game on tv in a bar near the stadium. It seemed to me, that Zambrano looked good. As soon as he threw the wild pitch, I went out on the patio. From all the cheering I heard, I thought the Giants were running away. I was suprised to come back in the 8th 3-3.

Zambrano threw over 90 pitches. I think that was too much for him. Considering the layoff, I think it was an ok effort.
I like you guys a lot.
It's not like he hasn't been pitching for a few weeks now. This layoff talk is bullshit. He gave up 11 baserunners in 5 fucking innings. That's a little over 2 per inning. That is flat out terrible. He was lucky more than anything last night.
<!--quoteo(post=110455:date=Aug 10 2010, 02:58 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Aug 10 2010, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's not like he hasn't been pitching for a few weeks now. This layoff talk is bullshit. He gave up 11 baserunners in 5 fucking innings. That's a little over 2 per inning. That is flat out terrible. He was lucky more than anything last night.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But that takes blame off of Zambrano.....
<!--quoteo(post=110402:date=Aug 10 2010, 10:36 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Aug 10 2010, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=110380:date=Aug 10 2010, 06:34 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 10 2010, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->When I said that was pretty good, I meant Destined's guess was pretty good. Zambrano's actual line blew.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Close enough.

Ha, whoops. My bust.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Z bobblehead day on September 3rd. Why?

[Image: 180x150_zambrano_bobble.jpg]
Ok, why is he playing soccer?
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=111998:date=Aug 23 2010, 12:29 PM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Aug 23 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ok, why is he playing soccer?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
because he sucks at baseball.
<!--quoteo(post=111996:date=Aug 23 2010, 12:28 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 23 2010, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Z bobblehead day on September 3rd. Why?

[Image: 180x150_zambrano_bobble.jpg]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They probably had them ready to go during the World Cup, but Z was in Iowa.