Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Gameday Catchall
Don’t know how but Cubs win another 1 run game
At first look I thought Alonso was safe, but then on reply I thought his hand was above the plate. Marquee didn't have the best shot, so I'm guessing a lot of Cubs fans thought we stole one. Later, i saw clips online from the Mets feed, which has an angle showing he was likely out because his hand bounced up and was above home. I have to imagine the ump just guessed in real time, but he got it right.

The Mets feed also had a nice shot of the relay from left field looking towards home which made it look even more impressive.
I think if he was called safe on the field and the Cubs challenged, it wouldn’t have been overturned. We probably got lucky with that.
Yes, for sure. I think there wasn't enough to overturn the initial call, so we lucked out there.

Happy to secure the split, would be thrilled to win the series. But obviously this weekend against the Brewers is feeling like a big series, even though it's early May. The team needs to start hitting.
(05-02-2024, 12:24 PM)MrSheps Wrote: Yes, for sure. I think there wasn't enough to overturn the initial call, so we lucked out there.

Happy to secure the split, would be thrilled to win the series. But obviously this weekend against the Brewers is feeling like a big series, even though it's early May. The team needs to start hitting.

So far (small sample size), we've also been a much better home team (10-3) than away team (9-9). .500 on the road is pretty good, though. If we can keep up these trends, the team could win 98-100 games.

And, yes -- the bats have gone ice-cold. I know Morel's stats aren't good, but it still feels like he's having good ABs and maybe hitting into a little bad luck. Happ and Swanson, on the other hand, look completely lost at the plate. Swanson keeps flailing at sliders low and away and pitchers keep throwing that exact same pitch to him. Happ is taking fastballs down the middle and swinging at stuff out of the zone. Both of them need to adjust their approach. And holy shit I'm going to lose my mind if I keep seeing Madrigal in key RBI situations. He is literally incapable of not hitting a weak ground ball. Hoerner seems like his usual self, but Tauchman is about the only guy I trust to hit the ball hard at the moment.
Brown has been awfully good and there have been some bad calls, but needs to cut down on the walks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yan Gomes might suck again.

Shit has unraveled quickly.
This bullpen is just brutal

I can't wait until Madrigal is no longer a Cub.
Happ has been worthless at the plate

(05-02-2024, 03:55 PM)funkster Wrote: Happ has been worthless at the plate

Truly awful.
God dammit.
That’s fucking annoying

Madrigal says fuck Butch