Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peavy Talk
That bitch is uglier than a mud fence.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Padres General Manager Kevin Towers said in November that he doubts Peavy would OK a trade to the Red Sox. After Cubs GM Jim Hendry told Towers on Thursday that trade talks on Peavy had collapsed, Towers was visited by Red Sox GM Theo Epstein. Towers said later his chat with Epstein was unrelated to Peavy.

Towers and the Cubs' Hendry did not rule out revisiting negotiations on Peavy.

Axelrod went to the winter meetings in Las Vegas for several reasons – including to be on hand if the Padres asked him to approve a trade to the Cubs. Peavy also was in Las Vegas until Tuesday night.

Axelrod met with Towers more than once during the meetings. The agent said he and Peavy were coming to the conclusion the Cubs and Padres would work out a deal.

Axelrod said Peavy was experiencing “lingering frustra tion” Friday.

“We all know that's part of a professional athlete's life,” he added.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link.
Without reading through the last 5 pages of this thread, what's the consensus on the needs of this team. Is it trading for Peavy or getting a lefty OF, like Bradley? I'm sort of pissed that we're not getting Peavy. Peavy is pissed he's not a Cub. The Padres will suck again and the owner's going through a nasty divorce, plus the economy sucks and nobody's going to go to games in SD next season. This trade should happen, but won't. Pisses me off.
<!--quoteo(post=4576:date=Dec 13 2008, 06:29 PM:name=Vine)-->QUOTE (Vine @ Dec 13 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Without reading through the last 5 pages of this thread, what's the consensus on the needs of this team. Is it trading for Peavy or getting a lefty OF, like Bradley? I'm sort of pissed that we're not getting Peavy. Peavy is pissed he's not a Cub. The Padres will suck again and the owner's going through a nasty divorce, plus the economy sucks and nobody's going to go to games in SD next season. This trade should happen, but won't. Pisses me off.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's a bat, like Bradley. We "need" Peavy less than anybody in the league.
@TheBlogfines
Neyer's latest chat is on whether Peavy is just a product of Petco or not. I haven't read it yet so I can't give quotes, but here's the link.

That's Debatable
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->If you adjust Peavy's ERA over the past five seasons to account for his home ballpark -- granted, in something of a crude fashion -- he still winds up seventh best in the majors.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

About what I expected.
<!--quoteo(post=5020:date=Dec 16 2008, 01:58 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Dec 16 2008, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->If you adjust Peavy's ERA over the past five seasons to account for his home ballpark -- granted, in something of a crude fashion -- he still winds up seventh best in the majors.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

About what I expected.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

About what Fella expected.
the braves cleared room to make a run at peavy again. i think he' gonna be a brave.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=5072:date=Dec 16 2008, 10:36 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 16 2008, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->the braves cleared room to make a run at peavy again. i think he' gonna be a brave.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think the Braves cleared room to sign Furcal.
<!--quoteo(post=5112:date=Dec 16 2008, 12:59 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 16 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=5072:date=Dec 16 2008, 10:36 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 16 2008, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->the braves cleared room to make a run at peavy again. i think he' gonna be a brave.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think the Braves cleared room to sign Furcal.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i think that as well.
Wang.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Padres chief executive officer Sandy Alderson said Monday that Jake Peavy likely "will be with us Opening Day."

"We said from the very beginning in connection with both [the Cubs and Braves] that we would not make a trade unless it made baseball sense," Alderson said. "We are no longer actively pursuing any trade for Jake, which is not to say someone won't approach us."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Fact is, they need to shed his salary sooner rather than later, and Peavy doesn't wanna waste another season in SD playing for nothing. I still think he gets dealt by ST.
<!--quoteo(post=5159:date=Dec 16 2008, 02:40 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 16 2008, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fact is, they need to shed his salary sooner rather than later, and Peavy doesn't wanna waste another season in SD playing for nothing. I still think he gets dealt by ST.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exactly. Posturing.
I'm guessing he gets dealt at the deadline.
To us, I hope.