Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peavy Talk
<!--quoteo(post=3439:date=Dec 10 2008, 04:25 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Dec 10 2008, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why do I have a feeling this is this year's Brian Roberts deal?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think everybody has that feeling.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=3439:date=Dec 10 2008, 04:25 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Dec 10 2008, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why do I have a feeling this is this year's Brian Roberts deal?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Because we spend too much time watching these threads..

Seriously though there is a HUGE difference between the two: Roberts didn't get traded because the owner didn't want to, Peavy will get traded because the owner wants him too. The Pads are trading Peavy, he has a no trade so he can dictate this as much as he wants.
<!--quoteo(post=3439:date=Dec 10 2008, 05:25 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Dec 10 2008, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why do I have a feeling this is this year's Brian Roberts deal?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm just glad something's going one. Otherwise it'd be a pretty boring offseason.
Kap says people close to Peavy said he's not an injury risk and the reason he missed time last year was because of some fatigue and the Padres were so bad that management and Peavy decided to shut it down for a little bit.
Jesse Rogers from the Score is saying right now on Tribune Live that he's starting to think that Peavy will stay with the Pads.
@TheBlogfines
Jesse Rogers isn't sure if the deal gets done.
Jinx.
<!--quoteo(post=3479:date=Dec 10 2008, 06:06 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 10 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jesse Rogers isn't sure if the deal gets done.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Too late, ass.
@TheBlogfines
[Image: 610x.jpg]
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Eh. You get no cred if you say it gets done, anymore. Only way is to say it doesn't get done (which was always probably a 50/50 thing), and then when it doesn't, you called it. And if it does, no one cares because we've got Peavy.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=3463:date=Dec 10 2008, 03:25 PM:name=jeffy777)-->QUOTE (jeffy777 @ Dec 10 2008, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3439:date=Dec 10 2008, 05:25 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Dec 10 2008, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why do I have a feeling this is this year's Brian Roberts deal?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm just glad something's going one. Otherwise it'd be a pretty boring offseason.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Jeffy,
You joined yesterday and have 500+ posts.
Holy shit.
I've been here for years and I'm still working towards it.
I do more reading than writing.

Welcome!
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
<!--quoteo(post=3491:date=Dec 10 2008, 07:20 PM:name=MW4)-->QUOTE (MW4 @ Dec 10 2008, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3463:date=Dec 10 2008, 03:25 PM:name=jeffy777)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy777 @ Dec 10 2008, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3439:date=Dec 10 2008, 05:25 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Dec 10 2008, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why do I have a feeling this is this year's Brian Roberts deal?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Jeffy,
You joined yesterday and have 500+ posts.
Holy shit.
I've been here for years and I'm still working towards it.
I do more reading than writing.

Welcome!

I just joined here yesterday, but I was a member of the B & I forum so my post count carried over from there. I'm not that much of a spammer to post over 500 posts in one day, hehe.

Thanks for the welcome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
What's this DeRosa for Jason Donald/Carlos Carasco rumor? Someone on NSBB mentioned it.
<!--quoteo(post=3539:date=Dec 10 2008, 07:30 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 10 2008, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What's this DeRosa for Jason Donald/Carlos Carasco rumor? Someone on NSBB mentioned it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Havent seen it anywhere else. Consider the source.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=3539:date=Dec 10 2008, 08:30 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 10 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What's this DeRosa for Jason Donald/Carlos Carasco rumor? Someone on NSBB mentioned it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can't see the Phillies trading 2 of their top prospects for 1 year of DeRosa.
@TheBlogfines