Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peavy Talk
Even if DeRosa for Peavy was a wash in 09, the Cubs would also have Peavy for 3 more years.
I like you guys a lot.
<!--quoteo(post=3391:date=Dec 10 2008, 01:00 PM:name=leonardsipes)-->QUOTE (leonardsipes @ Dec 10 2008, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Even if DeRosa for Peavy was a wash in 09, the Cubs would also have Peavy for 3 more years.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think this is the best point made in this thread.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=3395:date=Dec 10 2008, 01:29 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 10 2008, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3391:date=Dec 10 2008, 01:00 PM:name=leonardsipes)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leonardsipes @ Dec 10 2008, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Even if DeRosa for Peavy was a wash in 09, the Cubs would also have Peavy for 3 more years.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No doubt, and I think it extends our window of opportunity to win by a few more seasons. Before this I assumed we had a 1-2 year window. If this deal happens, I honestly believe our window would go to 3-4 years given the top 3 in our rotation.
I agree, I also think we as fans tend to vastly overrate our own players in the grand scheme of things as well. I've always loved DeRosa, I called him my boy since the day we signed him, but if the deal is really just DeRosa, Vitters and garbage for Peavy, like is being speculated, then its a deal you absolutely have to make. Peavy is one of the best pitchers in baseball, he is young and considering what pitchers are going for all the sudden he has a great contract.
<!--quoteo(post=3395:date=Dec 10 2008, 02:29 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 10 2008, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3391:date=Dec 10 2008, 01:00 PM:name=leonardsipes)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leonardsipes @ Dec 10 2008, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Even if DeRosa for Peavy was a wash in 09, the Cubs would also have Peavy for 3 more years.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I said the same thing several posts back. Why are you picking favorites bunghole. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=3405:date=Dec 10 2008, 01:49 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 10 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3395:date=Dec 10 2008, 02:29 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 10 2008, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3391:date=Dec 10 2008, 01:00 PM:name=leonardsipes)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leonardsipes @ Dec 10 2008, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Even if DeRosa for Peavy was a wash in 09, the Cubs would also have Peavy for 3 more years.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I said the same thing several posts back. Why are you picking favorites bunghole. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
I missed yours, sorry buddy.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
If it meant getting Peavy..I wouldn't have a problem dealing DeRo as much as I like the guy.
Considering the source, I expect it to happen...

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs: DeRosa is staying put

The Twins are reportedly trying to become the third team in the Padres-Cubs talks regarding Jake Peavy, and have come up with a package of young players in hopes of luring Mark DeRosa from Chicago. But a Cubs source said Wednesday the versatile DeRosa is staying put and not going to be dealt.

The Cubs, Philies and Padres are still talking about a potential deal, but there is no timetable. There also is no pressure on the Cubs to get something done.

-- Carrie Muskat<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->3:17pm: Corey Brock says the Phillies might want Scott Hairston from the Padres to use in left field.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=3423:date=Dec 10 2008, 04:00 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Dec 10 2008, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Considering the source, I expect it to happen...

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs: DeRosa is staying put

The Twins are reportedly trying to become the third team in the Padres-Cubs talks regarding Jake Peavy, and have come up with a package of young players in hopes of luring Mark DeRosa from Chicago. But a Cubs source said Wednesday the versatile DeRosa is staying put and not going to be dealt.

The Cubs, Philies and Padres are still talking about a potential deal, but there is no timetable. There also is no pressure on the Cubs to get something done.

-- Carrie Muskat<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Thank God.

And I just saw this btw:

Marquis on the road in 08:
7-3, 3.46 ERA, .242 BAA, 5 homers allowed in 80.2 innings

Peavy on the road in 08:
5-6, 4.28 ERA, .258 BAA, 13 homers allowed in 75.2 innings

I watched him pitch a bunch last year and he just didn't look like the nasty Jake Peavy of the past at all.
@TheBlogfines
Yeah, but Marquis has been much better on the road his entire career. Peavy has been up and down on the road during his.
<!--quoteo(post=3433:date=Dec 10 2008, 05:10 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 10 2008, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, but Marquis has been much better on the road his entire career. Peavy has been up and down on the road during his.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm just showing an example that he might not be the super pitcher a lot of people think we are getting. If anybody could find the stats it would be nice but I swear his velocity was down last year and he just didn't look as nasty as he has in the past. I think he'll be good for us, but won't be surprised if he's our 4th or 5th best pitcher at the same time(which can still be very good because our rotation is incredible).
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->4:10pm: Buster Olney says Axelrod left the Meetings with no word of a deal but the expectation is still that the Cubs will get it done.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

- Butcher
Why do I have a feeling this is this year's Brian Roberts deal?
<!--quoteo(post=3439:date=Dec 10 2008, 04:25 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Dec 10 2008, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why do I have a feeling this is this year's Brian Roberts deal?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Because it is.

- Butcher