Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peavy Talk
Rosenthal is a douche
Doesn't make much sense that they would need owner approval for Peavy and not for a bat. Peavy is only going to make 8 mil next year, I would think whatever bat we add would make at least that much.
<!--quoteo(post=2884:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:15 PM:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rosenthal is a douche<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It seems to me that he's got one source that's saying that while everyone else has different info.
<!--quoteo(post=2886:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:16 PM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 9 2008, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2884:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:15 PM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rosenthal is a douche<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It seems to me that he's got one source that's saying that while everyone else has different info.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It could be. But I'm guessing that he knows it's difficult for trades in general to get done, so he's saying it isn't going to happen so he can look more credible if it doesn't. And if he's wrong, nobody will care because of the euphoria over the trade.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/fullcourtpress/2...o_be_a_cub.html

Jake Peavy wants to be a Cub
By
Roman Modrowski
on December 9, 2008 10:03 AM | Permalink | Comments (2)

PX00143_9.JPG

A friend of mine was in a group in a Las Vegas bar on Sunday night that included Jake Peavy (in the picture above with his wife Katie), and the word is Peavy is fired up to join the Cubs.

He's so excited, I hear, that at one point he sang "Go Cubs Go" at the bar after a "Brooks and Dunn" concert he attended with Roy Oswalt.

Peavy is psyched about the possibility of joining Carlos Zambrano and Ryan Dempster in a strong rotation. He said, according to my friend, if he doesn't end up with the Cubs, he expects to land with the New York Yankees.

From what I hear, Peavy said he talked to Jim Hendry this weekend and the word is what has been reported, that the Cubs are looking to trade Jason Marquis, but that the Cubs may have to eat as much as $6 million of Marquis' contract.

Also, according to my source, Peavy said the Cubs may be trying to trade Mark DeRosa with an eye on Rich Aurilia to play second base.

It apparently is all up to Hendry. After that disaster in the playoffs, my guess is Hendry will do all he could to recharge the fan base.

Hendry said the Trib's bankruptcy filing won't affect the Cubs, so my guess is Peavy and the Cubs will be singing "Go Cubs Go" next year -- at least during the regular season.
It's coming soon.... I just hope it doesn't end up involving Derosa.
Who's your daddy?
i beieve that if you hit 40 plus home runs, you should be able to drive in more than 100 runs. dunns problem is that he hits a shitton of solo home runs and rarely if ever hits sacrifice flies or any other kind of hit for that matter.

and for the record, i said that rbi are more important than a lot of you give credit for. i'm not saying its the most important stat.

run producers produce runs. doesn't matter what kind of team they play for.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=2906:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i beieve that if you hit 40 plus home runs, you should be able to drive in more than 100 runs. dunns problem is that he hits a shitton of solo home runs and rarely if ever hits sacrifice flies or any other kind of hit for that matter.

and for the record, i said that rbi are more important than a lot of you give credit for. i'm not saying its the most important stat.

run producers produce runs. doesn't matter what kind of team they play for.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't know if anyone has been paying attention, but some of tom's best work to date has been coming recently.
Who's your daddy?
<!--quoteo(post=2906:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i beieve that if you hit 40 plus home runs, you should be able to drive in more than 100 runs. dunns problem is that he hits a shitton of solo home runs and rarely if ever hits sacrifice flies or any other kind of hit for that matter.

run producers produce runs. doesn't matter what kind of team they play for.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Derrek Lee hit 46 homers in 2005 and had only 107 RBIs.

Want to know why? He had fucking Neifi Perez and Corey Patterson hitting in front of him. If he had two guys that had OBP above .300 hitting in front of him, he would've had well over 120 RBI.

Obviously, sluggers and great hitters and going to get their numbers. But their RBI totals are going to fluctuate quite a bit depending on who is hitting in front of them.

It isn't really a difficult concept.
<!--quoteo(post=2911:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2906:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i beieve that if you hit 40 plus home runs, you should be able to drive in more than 100 runs. dunns problem is that he hits a shitton of solo home runs and rarely if ever hits sacrifice flies or any other kind of hit for that matter.

Want to know why? He had fucking Neifi Perez and Corey Patterson hitting in front of him. If he had two guys that had OBP above .300 hitting in front of him, he would've had well over 120 RBI.

Obviously, sluggers and great hitters and going to get their numbers. But their RBI totals are going to fluctuate quite a bit depending on who is hitting in front of them.

thank you butcher for belittling my intelligence. kid couldn't have done it any better.

in 2001, sammy drove in 160 runs. do you remember that lineup? he drove in 102 more runs than his next closest teammate. obviously, rbi will fluctuate depending on the lineup, bit more times than not, run producers will produce runs, no matter what team he's on. thats a concept i can grasp.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=2919:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:55 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2911:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2906:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i beieve that if you hit 40 plus home runs, you should be able to drive in more than 100 runs. dunns problem is that he hits a shitton of solo home runs and rarely if ever hits sacrifice flies or any other kind of hit for that matter.

thank you butcher for belittling my intelligence. kid couldn't have done it any better.

in 2001, sammy drove in 160 runs. do you remember that lineup? he drove in 102 more runs than his next closest teammate. obviously, rbi will fluctuate depending on the lineup, bit more times than not, run producers will produce runs, no matter what team he's on. thats a concept i can grasp.
Sammy's 2001 season might've been the most prolific offensive season we will ever see in our lifetimes -- including anything Barry Bonds has done. I'm not sure it's fair to use that season as a measuring stick.

And I'm sorry if I came off as a douche. I wasn't trying to belittle you, my friend.
<!--quoteo(post=2911:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2906:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i beieve that if you hit 40 plus home runs, you should be able to drive in more than 100 runs. dunns problem is that he hits a shitton of solo home runs and rarely if ever hits sacrifice flies or any other kind of hit for that matter.

And yet, you used this exact same instance to tell me that batting order does not matter.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=2922:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:59 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Dec 9 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2911:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2906:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i beieve that if you hit 40 plus home runs, you should be able to drive in more than 100 runs. dunns problem is that he hits a shitton of solo home runs and rarely if ever hits sacrifice flies or any other kind of hit for that matter.

And yet, you used this exact same instance to tell me that batting order does not matter.
For total runs produced by a lineup, it doesn't. For individual RBI totals, it does (but that isn't what we were talking about).

Nice try, though.
<!--quoteo(post=2921:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:59 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 9 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2919:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:55 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2911:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2906:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i beieve that if you hit 40 plus home runs, you should be able to drive in more than 100 runs. dunns problem is that he hits a shitton of solo home runs and rarely if ever hits sacrifice flies or any other kind of hit for that matter.

Sammy's 2001 season might've been the most prolific offensive season we will ever see in our lifetimes -- including anything Barry Bonds has done. I'm not sure it's fair to use that season as a measuring stick.

And I'm sorry if I came off as a douche. I wasn't trying to belittle you, my friend.

i just get frustrated that i can't be one of your wives. but mormons hate queers....
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=2926:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:01 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2921:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:59 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 9 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2919:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:55 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2911:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 9 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2906:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i beieve that if you hit 40 plus home runs, you should be able to drive in more than 100 runs. dunns problem is that he hits a shitton of solo home runs and rarely if ever hits sacrifice flies or any other kind of hit for that matter.

i just get frustrated that i can't be one of your wives. but mormons hate queers....
Wow.