Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your 2009 Chicago Cubs
<!--quoteo(post=6686:date=Dec 23 2008, 11:06 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 23 2008, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6625:date=Dec 23 2008, 05:14 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 23 2008, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6623:date=Dec 23 2008, 02:09 AM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 23 2008, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6612:date=Dec 23 2008, 01:36 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 23 2008, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6599:date=Dec 22 2008, 11:18 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 22 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6518:date=Dec 22 2008, 09:30 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 22 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, Pie is hands down the best fielding OFer we have on the team.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's the most talented but Fukudome's the better outfielder.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Dude, Fuk's played excellent RIGHT field. That's all. He hasn't played much CF in America, and when he did, his stats were awful.
I'm willing to chalk that up to a small sample size, but there's no guarantee that Fuk is gonna be a
GG-calibre CFer.
At all.
Right field is part of the outfield.
I'm assuming that you're aware that it takes more skill to play CF, and it's considered a primo def. position, like SS and 2B, while RF is the kind of place that you could conceivably stick Adam Dunn at.

i think the corner outfield positions are more difficult. what seperates centerfield is that there's more ground to cover so you need speedier guys. centerfielders are able to better see the ball of the bat and the line drives are generally truer and straighter. in the corners, the ball tends to slice.

guys like adam dunn play corner positions because they're slower and don't have to cover as much ground. plus i believe centerfielders get more chances than corner outfielders. i'm not saying centerfield is an easy position, but i do think it's easier than the corner positions. the main skills a centerfielder needs is speed, speed, and the ability to cover more ground (speed).

Bingo.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cubs are confident of signing free-agent designated hitter Milton Bradley, but a number of teams remain interested in the free-agent designated hitter, including the Rays, Yankees and Nationals. The Yankees, as is their custom, are touching base with virtually every available offensive player.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

From the same article in the Peavy thread.
<!--quoteo(post=6722:date=Dec 23 2008, 02:06 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 23 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cubs are confident of signing free-agent designated hitter Milton Bradley, but a number of teams remain interested in the free-agent designated hitter, including the Rays, Yankees and Nationals. The Yankees, as is their custom, are touching base with virtually every available offensive player.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Couldn't they change it to signing outfielder Milton Bradley? It just looks weird saying an NL team is on the verge of signing a DH. If we're talking about somebody like Adam Dunn, I'm fine with that wording, but Bradley can actually play out there.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=6743:date=Dec 23 2008, 03:18 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 23 2008, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6722:date=Dec 23 2008, 02:06 PM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 23 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cubs are confident of signing free-agent designated hitter Milton Bradley, but a number of teams remain interested in the free-agent designated hitter, including the Rays, Yankees and Nationals. The Yankees, as is their custom, are touching base with virtually every available offensive player.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Couldn't they change it to signing outfielder Milton Bradley? It just looks weird saying an NL team is on the verge of signing a DH. If we're talking about somebody like Adam Dunn, I'm fine with that wording, but Bradley can actually play out there.
I thought the same thing.
[Image: lou.jpg]
from Stark:
MULTITASKER DEPT.: Not only did Carlos Zambrano pitch a no-hitter this year. He also outhomered Andruw Jones (4-3), and had a higher batting average than the AL batting champ (Zambrano .337, Joe Mauer .328).
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance