Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MLB News & Notes (other than Cubs or Sox)
And he just signed a 5 year 50 million extension. These clubs should be allowed to void these contracts.
Reply
Stone Pony yakking about how good Rodon has been....annnnnd then he promptly gives up a three run bomb.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reply
They're coming back down to earth just when Harrelson joined them on the road. I hope he's in hell right now.
Reply
Now they're playing a team worth a damn.

Reply
Quote:Now they're playing a team worth a damn.


I hate the Sox as much as anyone, but they did just sweep the Rangers and Jays. Those are 2 pretty good teams.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Reply
Yeah. I think the Sox are for real. Their offense is just OK but they have good pitching.
Reply
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="274810" data-time="1461982818">
Now they're playing a team worth a damn.
I hate the Sox as much as anyone, but they did just sweep the Rangers and Jays. Those are 2 pretty good teams.</blockquote>
2 good teams that have been very mediocre thus far. If you take a close look both have underperformed in just about every category. Not saying the Sox are a bad team, but they've caught teams at the right time in the early going.
Reply
I'm not disagreeing, I think they're a solid team.  I think 14-8 is probably a reasonable record for them though, I don't think they're a knock out team.  Haven't read Garcia's status yet.  Looked like he pulled a hamstring to end the game last night.

Reply
In other news:

 

http://deadspin.com/the-cardinals-lost-t...1774014237

Reply


Quote:ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals gave pitcher Carlos Martinez permission to leave the team on Friday in order to attend to a personal matter that arose after a civil lawsuit was filed against him in South Florida, general manager John Mozeliak said.
 

"We are just learning of this matter. I was notified by Carlos' agent the other night," Mozeliak said on Saturday. "We will not be in a position to act until we have more information."

 

Martinez, who is 4-0 with a 1.93 ERA, was at the stadium Saturday, but not in the clubhouse during the period the media was allowed in. The lawsuit, filed in a Miami district court, will not affect Martinez's ability to make his scheduled start on Sunday, according to a source.

 

The Cardinals have not heard from representatives of Major League Baseball, but were gathering facts to determine whether any of the allegations made by the woman who filed the civil suit could trigger an investigation under the league's domestic violence rules.

 

The league and players' association agreed to a new domestic violence policy last year. The policy allows the commissioner to issue discipline for "just cause," the same standard used under the sport's collective bargaining agreement. Discipline is not dependent on a criminal conviction.

 

Several players have been investigated under the policy so far, including New York Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman, Colorado Rockies shortstop Jose Reyes and Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig.
 

Link

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Reply
Sounds like the Cards are playing dumb to avoid having to suspend Martinez. How did they just learn about this?
Reply
OK, so it gets better ...

 



Quote:Cardinals starting pitcher Carlos Martinez is facing a lawsuit that alleges he gave a woman sexually transmitted diseases, TMZ reported Saturday.
 

Per the report, the woman alleges that back in December Martinez and her "reconnected" after several years of off and on dating and a few days later she tested positive for multiple STDs. More from TMZ:

 

The woman claims she had grilled Martinez about his sexual health before they hooked up and he "swore to God that he was not infected with any sexually transmitted disease."

 

Soon after the woman informed Martinez about her condition, he allegedly bolted for the Dominican Republic and never called her back.

 

The lawsuit is for battery and negligent transmission of an STD.

 

Through his attorney, Martinez denies the allegations, saying they are completely false.

 

"We are just learning of this matter," Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak, per the team's website. "I was notified by Carlos' agent the other night. Until we learn more details, we will not be in a position to act until we have further information."

 

On the field in 2016, Martinez has been excellent. He's 4-0 with a 1.93 ERA and 0.86 WHIP in four starts. He's scheduled to start again on Sunday.

 

As for the $1.5 million asking price, it would hurt Martinez pretty good. As a pre-arbitration player, he's making $539,000 this season after $520,000 last season and $505,000 as a rookie in 2014.
 

Link

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Reply
He's an STD factory. Please please be true....
Reply
Anyone using that clubhouse better take a Silkwood.

Reply
Wow hahahahaha.

Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 113 Guest(s)