Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ankiel For Putz?
Putz had 2 good years as a closer. In 2008 he was shitty before and after 2 injuries. He blew 8 games last season. I think the Mets will have the most overpaid, overvalued bullpen in baseball.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Anyone have any interest in buying low on Bedard?
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=3669:date=Dec 11 2008, 08:48 AM:name=savant)-->QUOTE (savant @ Dec 11 2008, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone have any interest in buying low on Bedard?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I forgot about bedard. Is he healthy or still hurt? Is he a FA or still a Mariner?
<!--quoteo(post=3669:date=Dec 11 2008, 05:48 AM:name=savant)-->QUOTE (savant @ Dec 11 2008, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone have any interest in buying low on Bedard?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think Bedard is another Lilly. Really good, but not a Cy. I'd go after him because they'll want Pie and Vitters, maybe even Marquis and we can keep DeRo and everyone that matters.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=3669:date=Dec 11 2008, 07:48 AM:name=savant)-->QUOTE (savant @ Dec 11 2008, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone have any interest in buying low on Bedard?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No.
I want nothing to do with Bedard. He is known to be a bad clubhouse person, hates the media and does not want to play in a big market. He also supposedly does not respond well to criticism. He would not survive here. I have even heard a few guys on XM talk about how he doesn't even talk to other teammates. Fuck him. Oh he is also a huge injury concern.
<!--quoteo(post=3723:date=Dec 11 2008, 08:24 AM:name=cigar)-->QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 11 2008, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I want nothing to do with Bedard. He is known to be a bad clubhouse person, hates the media and does not want to play in a big market. He also supposedly does not respond well to criticism. He would not survive here. I have even heard a few guys on XM talk about how he doesn't even talk to other teammates. Fuck him. Oh he is also a huge injury concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sounds like Bradley.
<!--quoteo(post=3727:date=Dec 11 2008, 10:27 AM:name=CD2W)-->QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 11 2008, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3723:date=Dec 11 2008, 08:24 AM:name=cigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 11 2008, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I want nothing to do with Bedard. He is known to be a bad clubhouse person, hates the media and does not want to play in a big market. He also supposedly does not respond well to criticism. He would not survive here. I have even heard a few guys on XM talk about how he doesn't even talk to other teammates. Fuck him. Oh he is also a huge injury concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sounds like Bradley.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A little. However I think you can tell Bradley wants to win by his actions and emotions. You can tell he at least cares. With Bedard you can't.

I tell you this though. He would fit in perfect with the fans and media in STL. That scares me a little.
<!--quoteo(post=3723:date=Dec 11 2008, 11:24 AM:name=cigar)-->QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 11 2008, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I want nothing to do with Bedard. He is known to be a bad clubhouse person, hates the media and does not want to play in a big market. He also supposedly does not respond well to criticism. He would not survive here. I have even heard a few guys on XM talk about how he doesn't even talk to other teammates. Fuck him. Oh he is also a huge injury concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->June 15

McLaren acknowledges Bedard isn’t inclined to throw more than 100 pitches in an outing. “I’d love to see him go further, but if a guy is not capable, he’s not capable,” McLaren says.

June 20

A day after McLaren is fired, Bedard leaves start with back spasms, and an anonymous coach tees off on him. “You had guys watch Felix (Hernandez) work his (butt) off in camp and watched Bedard do the minimum – and Bedard was the opening-day starter,” the coach says.

Sept. 26

Exploratory surgery shows no tears in Bedard’s labrum or rotator cuff, meaning he should be healthy for the 2009 season. Bedard had speculated he might not return until 2010.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just what we need, another player with no balls.
@TheBlogfines
We already have Hill. No need to acquire another mental midget like Bedard. No thanks.
<!--quoteo(post=3731:date=Dec 11 2008, 10:29 AM:name=cigar)-->QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 11 2008, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3727:date=Dec 11 2008, 10:27 AM:name=CD2W)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 11 2008, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3723:date=Dec 11 2008, 08:24 AM:name=cigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 11 2008, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I want nothing to do with Bedard. He is known to be a bad clubhouse person, hates the media and does not want to play in a big market. He also supposedly does not respond well to criticism. He would not survive here. I have even heard a few guys on XM talk about how he doesn't even talk to other teammates. Fuck him. Oh he is also a huge injury concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sounds like Bradley.

A little. However I think you can tell Bradley wants to win by his actions and emotions. You can tell he at least cares. With Bedard you can't.

I tell you this though. He would fit in perfect with the fans and media in STL. That scares me a little.
That doesn't sound like Bradley at all actually...as I posted in the other thread, players love playing with Bradley and get a long with him real well.

I'm not speaking specifically to you CD, but there is this general misconception that any player that speaks out and gets in non-sport related trouble that he's a bad clubhouse guy and teammates don't like him. Take Chad OchoCinco...he's been really outspoken, but numerous Bengals have said he's never worked harder and been the best teammate he could possibly be.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=3831:date=Dec 11 2008, 01:18 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Dec 11 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3731:date=Dec 11 2008, 10:29 AM:name=cigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 11 2008, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3727:date=Dec 11 2008, 10:27 AM:name=CD2W)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 11 2008, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3723:date=Dec 11 2008, 08:24 AM:name=cigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 11 2008, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I want nothing to do with Bedard. He is known to be a bad clubhouse person, hates the media and does not want to play in a big market. He also supposedly does not respond well to criticism. He would not survive here. I have even heard a few guys on XM talk about how he doesn't even talk to other teammates. Fuck him. Oh he is also a huge injury concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sounds like Bradley.

That doesn't sound like Bradley at all actually...as I posted in the other thread, players love playing with Bradley and get a long with him real well.

I'm not speaking specifically to you CD, but there is this general misconception that any player that speaks out and gets in non-sport related trouble that he's a bad clubhouse guy and teammates don't like him. Take Chad OchoCinco...he's been really outspoken, but numerous Bengals have said he's never worked harder and been the best teammate he could possibly be.

When I was talking about the player that would fit in with STL I meant Bedard just to be clear. After reading what I wrote I realized that I may have confused some people.
<!--quoteo(post=3831:date=Dec 11 2008, 11:18 AM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Dec 11 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3731:date=Dec 11 2008, 10:29 AM:name=cigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 11 2008, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3727:date=Dec 11 2008, 10:27 AM:name=CD2W)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 11 2008, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3723:date=Dec 11 2008, 08:24 AM:name=cigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 11 2008, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I want nothing to do with Bedard. He is known to be a bad clubhouse person, hates the media and does not want to play in a big market. He also supposedly does not respond well to criticism. He would not survive here. I have even heard a few guys on XM talk about how he doesn't even talk to other teammates. Fuck him. Oh he is also a huge injury concern.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sounds like Bradley.

Yeah you're right. Being in LA, I hear the same exact thing about Manny. How he showed up at Dodger Stadium 6-7 hours before games. Hopefully Bradley stays that way, unlike Manny who did it probably because $cott Bora$ told him to.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->$cott Bora$<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nice.

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.