Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return of "The Bako"?
Arlington Daily Herald
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->--Remember Paul Bako? The Cubs have had some interest in bringing him to camp as a non-roster catcher. Right now, Koyie Hill is Geovany Soto's backup. Former Sox catcher Mark Johnson will be at camp. Bako, as you know, played for the Cubs earlier this decade, and his defensive skills still are highly regarded in the game.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If we cant bring hank back I'd be happy with Bako as the backup. Actually I dont have a problem with Hill either. There are bigger fish to fry right now.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=3526:date=Dec 10 2008, 07:19 PM:name=Captain)-->QUOTE (Captain @ Dec 10 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If we cant bring hank back I'd be happy with Bako as the backup. Actually I dont have a problem with Hill either. There are bigger fish to fry right now.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are correct, sir.
[Image: HappyKitty.gif]
Bako? Why? What's next? Sandy Martinez?
There's no reason to sign Bako if we have Hill. Blanco is the only signing that I'd be for, and I still think we should just save the dough and still with Koyie.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=3596:date=Dec 10 2008, 10:06 PM:name=CD2W)-->QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 10 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bako? Why? What's next? Sandy Martinez?
There's no reason to sign Bako if we have Hill. Blanco is the only signing that I'd be for, and I still think we should just save the dough and still with Koyie.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rapp's going to sit on you.
Is it too early to get a Cubs WS 09 Champs shirt? Maybe a hat too?
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=3596:date=Dec 10 2008, 10:06 PM:name=CD2W)-->QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 10 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bako? Why? What's next? Sandy Martinez?
There's no reason to sign Bako if we have Hill. Blanco is the only signing that I'd be for, and I still think we should just save the dough and still with Koyie.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You dare insult The Bako?
I got nothin'.

Andy
i like blanco, but at the end of the day, i really don't give a shit who the backup catcher is.
Wang.
May as well just stick with Hill.

Perhaps...my dear CD...you've not opened your eyes to the wonders of his greatness.

Perhaps...also...you need to be beaten about the fucking scalp for an hour or so.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]