Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braves Non-tendered Chuck James
He's out for the first half of 2009, but how about him as a Jim Hendry special? I imagine there will be a lot of teams trying to get him on a one-year deal with a team option for 2010.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
For batting practice?
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
He's got two first names!
I thought his name was Charlie Jim.
He pitched hurt last year (and sucked), but before that, he was pretty darn good.
Something that caught me eye on mlbtraderumors...Ty Wigginton was non-tendered. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=4406:date=Dec 12 2008, 10:41 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 12 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Something that caught me eye on mlbtraderumors...Ty Wigginton was non-tendered. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

What do you guys think of taking a waiver out on Chris Britton?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm excited to see Wigginton non-tendered, but it's no surprise. They've been trying to trade him and Tejada. Like San Diego, Houston's been ordered to cut payroll quite a bit. Willy Taveras and Tim Redding were non-tendered, and the Rockies and Nats talked trade about those two quite a bit lately. I bet the Rockies sign Redding and he was a name that came up quite a bit with the Cubs at the trade deadline.

The only guy out of the group of non-tendered guys I'd really be interested in taking a chance on is Scott Proctor. He was AWFUL for the Dodgers this year and just had elbow surgery, but is expected to be ready for ST. If the health reports on him are good and he's throwing in the mid 90's again, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. He had an ERA in the 3's the previous 4 years for the Yanks and Dodgers and it would be nice having some more experience in the pen.
@TheBlogfines
So seriously, no one would want to do with Chuck James what we did with Dempster?
<!--quoteo(post=4414:date=Dec 12 2008, 09:56 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 12 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So seriously, no one would want to do with Chuck James what we did with Dempster?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I was never really impressed with him, but I wouldn't mind it.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=4414:date=Dec 12 2008, 09:56 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 12 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So seriously, no one would want to do with Chuck James what we did with Dempster?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How much? and do what with him? Have him take Cotts roster spot? He used to start so I assume a middle relief spot would be his gig.Depends on the price.

Hell...the more I think about it...James is a better longshot than Chad Fox.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=4414:date=Dec 12 2008, 08:56 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 12 2008, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So seriously, no one would want to do with Chuck James what we did with Dempster?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Chuck James is Rich Hill Part Deux with injuries
Would anyone have interest in Daniel Cabrera? I saw that he was non-tendered by the O's and he still has a ton of potential!
Actually, forget what I said about Cabrera. I just looked at his stats...his K's went from 166 down to 95 last season. That has got to be a sign of a problem.
<!--quoteo(post=4451:date=Dec 13 2008, 04:56 AM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 13 2008, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Actually, forget what I said about Cabrera. I just looked at his stats...his K's went from 166 down to 95 last season. That has got to be a sign of a problem.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
His velocity went down big time, and if the Orioles aren't willing to give him 4 million bucks, I figure there's really nothing there anymore. But yeah he used to have an incredible arm and he'd throw in some games that made you think he was going to be a star.
@TheBlogfines