Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rich Hill
HOLY COW What happened to Rich Hill last year? I was looking for 200 Ks and a #2 starter. Will he return to the Cubs in '09? Will he fade away? Get traded?

Should be some value here...
I think he'll get lost in a Venezuelan jungle, and possibly contract a bacterial infection. At least, I can hope.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

He'll be Jamie Moyer in 10 years.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
He's done, time to get over him.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=4411:date=Dec 12 2008, 10:54 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Dec 12 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He'll be Jamie Moyer in 10 years.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

More like 35 years.

I don't know what I hope for Hill. If he ever figures it out, it won't be with the Cubs. So I sort of hope he doesn't ever figure it out.

Is that wrong?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=4413:date=Dec 12 2008, 09:55 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 12 2008, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4411:date=Dec 12 2008, 10:54 PM:name=vegascub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vegascub @ Dec 12 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He'll be Jamie Moyer in 10 years.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

More like 35 years.

I don't know what I hope for Hill. If he ever figures it out, it won't be with the Cubs. So I sort of hope he doesn't ever figure it out.

Is that wrong?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Nope. I feel a little bit bad for him... but fuck him. We were counting on him to come through for us and he shit his pants. He's a headcase and he'll never be anything again. It's not like this was a 23-year-old kid. Did the Venezuelan team cut him? There's was talk about it. It's just getting worse and worse. His career is over.
@TheBlogfines
But I kinda feel like the Cubs fucked him. Changing his mechanics to cut out a few stolen bases?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec--><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd--> Did the Venezuelan team cut him? <!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec--><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

2 weeks ago I beleve.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=4418:date=Dec 12 2008, 09:58 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 12 2008, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->But I kinda feel like the Cubs fucked him. Changing his mechanics to cut out a few stolen bases?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Eh, that was a small part of it, I think it's all mental though.
@TheBlogfines
Hill needed a can of toughen the fuck up
I'm not saying it's gonna happen, or that I think it could happen BUT...look at Cliff Lee.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=4438:date=Dec 12 2008, 11:51 PM:name=CD2W)-->QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 12 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not saying it's gonna happen, or that I think it could happen BUT...look at Cliff Lee.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I do not think we will ever see Rich Hill pitching for the Cubs again.
i could see hill making a comeback
<!--quoteo(post=4492:date=Dec 13 2008, 11:39 AM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ Dec 13 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i could see hill making a comeback<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So could I...

Why everyone gotta be bitches?
I'm probably the biggest Hill groupie on the site, but given his age, it's starting to dawn on me that he's not going to live up to his promise.
At this point, he can't even get out of an inning in A-ball, so I'd have to say the org has got to consider moving on.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance