Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I generally hate fan clubs, but...
This relaunching of the Cubs Club sounds intriguing.
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/art...agobusiness.com
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->New Cubs Club sure to pack them in
Posted by Ed Sherman at 12/22/2008 7:50 AM CST on Chicago Business

The Cubs have found another way to tap into the insatiable demand to be part of everything at Clark and Addison.

The new revenue stream is a repackaging of their on-line fan club, Cubs Club. Among the goodies for joining are a membership card, Cubs sticker, exclusive e-mails and web content.

And oh yes, there's one more thing: the ability to purchase seats for premium games before they go on sale.

Ding, ding, ding.

Every year in February, you see pictures of crazy fans lined up around Wrigley Field nervously waiting for the ticket windows to open for single-game sales. Now the Cubs are offering those fans a way to beat the cold.

For a fee of $249, the Cubs Club Marquee level gives the member a chance to purchase up to 12 tickets in a special Marquee level pre-sale.

For $129, the Cubs Club Ivy Membership levels allow fans to purchase up to four seats in a special Ivy pre-sale.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm surprised something like this hasn't occurred sooner. I don't blame the Cubs for trying to capitalize on their demand.
Yeah, can't blame them but $129 to have access to a ticket pre-sale seems a bit much.
<!--quoteo(post=6392:date=Dec 22 2008, 03:24 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Dec 22 2008, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, can't blame them but $129 to have access to a ticket pre-sale seems a bit much.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If demand is anything like last year (which is not assured, given the economy, the non-uniqueness of the playoffs, and residual anger over the flop last year), you can make that $129 up by selling 2 tickets on Stubhub.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=6501:date=Dec 22 2008, 08:57 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Dec 22 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6392:date=Dec 22 2008, 03:24 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Dec 22 2008, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, can't blame them but $129 to have access to a ticket pre-sale seems a bit much.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If demand is anything like last year (which is not assured, given the economy, the non-uniqueness of the playoffs, and residual anger over the flop last year), you can make that $129 up by selling 2 tickets on Stubhub.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yep, very true.