Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs sign Aaron Miles
<!--quoteo(post=7835:date=Dec 31 2008, 11:08 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 31 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Love the career .693 OPS and .329 OBP. Fontenot had better be starting 60% of the time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Career .284/.352/.352 vs. LHP.

A Miles/Fontenot platoon wouldn't be awful... Fontenot would get most of the ABs, anyway.
<!--quoteo(post=7834:date=Dec 31 2008, 11:06 AM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 31 2008, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7833:date=Dec 31 2008, 11:04 AM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Dec 31 2008, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just when I was starting to come around on the "Jim is a good GM" idea, he goes and pulls something like this. Miles is garbage. Is this confirmed anywhere?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Let him finish
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
On your face.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs and infielder Aaron Miles today agreed to terms on a two-year contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

"We expect Aaron to provide significant versatility and flexibility to our roster," said Cubs General Manager Jim Hendry. "He handles the bat well from both sides of the plate and is a skillful middle infielder who has added third base and all three outfield positions to his repertoire during the last few years."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

cubs.com
<!--quoteo(post=7840:date=Dec 31 2008, 11:40 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Dec 31 2008, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs and infielder Aaron Miles today agreed to terms on a two-year contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

"We expect Aaron to provide significant versatility and flexibility to our roster," said Cubs General Manager Jim Hendry. "He handles the bat well from both sides of the plate and is a skillful middle infielder who has added third base and all three outfield positions to his repertoire during the last few years."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

cubs.com
Interesting.
so jim's letting us know we're getting a shitty derosa
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
Just wondering, how can they sign someone with the MLB office closed for the next 3 days?
<!--quoteo(post=7844:date=Dec 31 2008, 10:45 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 31 2008, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just wondering, how can they sign someone with the MLB office closed for the next 3 days?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It just says "agreed to terms" he isn't officially on the roster or anything.
<!--quoteo(post=7845:date=Dec 31 2008, 11:46 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Dec 31 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7844:date=Dec 31 2008, 10:45 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 31 2008, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just wondering, how can they sign someone with the MLB office closed for the next 3 days?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It just says "agreed to terms" he isn't officially on the roster or anything.
Fella is wise.
Wait, a guy who has a lifetime BA of .289 and hit .317 last year is a downgrade from DeRo if we land Peavy considering our offense last year meant ZIP to us in the playoffs?

Sorry guys, I'm not with you on this. Getting rid of a one of our above average bats to pick up one of the best pitchers in baseball does add up to me assuming that the two are correlated. I liked DeRo a lot as well, but if he's the linch pin to get Peavy, see ya later and hello Jake!

Keep one last thing in mind, the last time we won a playoff game, let alone a playoff series in 2003 it was because our pitching staff, NOT our offense was stellar.
Now it's really really official: at least one of Pie, Fuk, Fontenot, DeRosa, Theriot, and Cedeno is gone.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
NorthsideBullButters has this:

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Not sure if anybody posted this but there was a sportscenter update on ESPN1000 that the indians were close to aquiring Derosa from the Cubs for 2-3 pitching prospects. I find this interesting since they're pitching prospects and the Padres want pitching prospects.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Anyone listening to the radio to confirm if this has been reported?
<!--quoteo(post=7849:date=Dec 31 2008, 11:48 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 31 2008, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Now it's really really official: at least one of Pie, Fuk, Fontenot, DeRosa, Theriot, and Cedeno is gone.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
DeRosa to an unnamed team for prospects, which are then sent to SD along with Pie and Vitters for Peavy.
I'm gonna reserve judgment until all the chips fall, but it doesn't mean I have to like Miles or Vizcaino.
<!--quoteo(post=7849:date=Dec 31 2008, 11:48 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 31 2008, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Now it's really really official: at least one of Pie, Fuk, Fontenot, DeRosa, Theriot, and Cedeno is gone.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
When was the last time you were right about anything?
The moves or rumored moves that we have made so far have not bothered me to much. Of course all that depends if all the other rumored moves falls into place as well. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] If all of this leads us to landing Peavy and Bradley I have no problem with any of this.