Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs sign Aaron Miles
2 years, $5 mil. Has to be a precursor to a DeRosa/Cedeno trade.
<!--quoteo(post=7821:date=Dec 31 2008, 10:51 AM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 31 2008, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->2 years, $5 mil. Has to be a precursor to a DeRosa/Cedeno trade.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I hate Aaron Miles. This feels like the Tony Womack signing.
Feels to me like Peavy is coming
Well, I guess DeRo has to be gone then, guess all this shit really is going to happen.
Great. I hate Vizcaino, and he will be a Cub. Now Miles too.

My world is crumbling.
Aaron fucking Miles? Ugh. Even if we really do get Peavy, it'll kill me to watch Dero go and have that Cardinal piece o' shit playing for us.
Offensively Miles is pretty much another Theriot, at least the last 2 years. If its just to start at 2B against lefties and be a utility guy, I don't mind it. If we trade DeRo, Fontenot better start everyday against righties though.
<!--quoteo(post=7826:date=Dec 31 2008, 10:59 AM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Dec 31 2008, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Aaron fucking Miles? Ugh. Even if we really do get Peavy, it'll kill me to watch Dero go and have that Cardinal piece o' shit playing for us.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's a former White Sox too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry.gif[/img]
If the net result is that we have Bradley, Miles, Vizcaino and Peavy instead of DeRosa and Marquis (and whatever else goes in the Peavy deal) it's fanfuckingtastic
I'm willing to let this all play out before I freak...but Miles is a huge downgrade if he's replacing DeRo.

If Miles is just a bench guy, then fine -- whatever.
<!--quoteo(post=7828:date=Dec 31 2008, 09:00 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 31 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7826:date=Dec 31 2008, 10:59 AM:name=vegascub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vegascub @ Dec 31 2008, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Aaron fucking Miles? Ugh. Even if we really do get Peavy, it'll kill me to watch Dero go and have that Cardinal piece o' shit playing for us.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's a former White Sox too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry.gif[/img]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just shove the broom stick a little further up my ass, why don't ya?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Maybe Hendry is into collecting small white guys now (Theriot, Fontenot, Miles) instead of small black guys (Neifi, Macias, Womack).
Just when I was starting to come around on the "Jim is a good GM" idea, he goes and pulls something like this. Miles is garbage. Is this confirmed anywhere?
<!--quoteo(post=7833:date=Dec 31 2008, 11:04 AM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Dec 31 2008, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just when I was starting to come around on the "Jim is a good GM" idea, he goes and pulls something like this. Miles is garbage. Is this confirmed anywhere?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Let him finish
Love the career .693 OPS and .329 OBP. Fontenot had better be starting 60% of the time.