Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new ESPN
Funny stuff here. They have a spot at the bottom where fans make 2009 predictions.

One wrote:

2009 FAN PREDICTIONS

North Carolina wins NCAA Tournament.<b> Yankees make it to World Series but lose to the Cubs</b>.

Of course my Yankee friend is sitting next to me when we read this..
Hey cubbie1983...I know you're new around here so I'll respond before somebody else tears into you.

These kind of quick statements are best added to the most relevant existing topic as opposed to starting a new one. If we have everybody starting a new thread anytime they read something funny or have some quick observation to make (that doesn't warrant a discussion) we'll be weeding through too many threads.

No big deal, just an FYI.
thanks phan. My bad
This should definitely have been in the goal line blitz thread.
I think that is a personal preference thing.
I prefer short to the point threads vs. the 59 page mongo threads that go off in so many directions.

Just saying.

In the car business there's a saying for it..."There's an ass for every seat."

Welcome 1983!
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
Is there another ESPN thread? this looks new to me. Welcome Cubbies.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I guess my point was there really wasn't much being said in the topic other than a quick observation that likely wouldn't have warranted any conversation. it certainly wasn't bad or a duplicate thread, i was just giving a heads up.
<!--quoteo(post=9334:date=Jan 6 2009, 11:17 AM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ Jan 6 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess my point was there really wasn't much being said in the topic other than a quick observation that likely wouldn't have warranted any conversation. it certainly wasn't bad or a duplicate thread, i was just giving a heads up.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So what you're saying is that you hate Cubbie1983 and all that he stands for?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
pretty much
I see us in the Series with the Yankees. It's not at all that far-fetched.
And since we'll be winning the All-Star game on a late Soto homer, we'll have home-field, and win game 7 at Wrigley.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
ESPN looks the same to me.
I like you guys a lot.
<!--quoteo(post=9560:date=Jan 6 2009, 04:56 PM:name=leonardsipes)-->QUOTE (leonardsipes @ Jan 6 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->ESPN looks the same to me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think they mean the website, not the channel.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I couldn't even tell you the last time I went to the ESPN website.