Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not have Bradley lead off?
a .436 obp and a little pop at the top seems to be what the cubs need. why not lead off bradley and drop soriano to clean up?

1. bradley
2. theriot
3. lee
4. soriano
5. ramirez
6. soto
7. fontenot
8. fuk/johnson
9. zambrano

the reason i bat soriano clean up is because he's strctly a fastball hitter and he needs protection. i don't think soto provides the kind of protection ramirez brings.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=9327:date=Jan 6 2009, 09:55 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jan 6 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->a .436 obp and a little pop at the top seems to be what the cubs need. why not lead off bradley and drop soriano to clean up?

1. bradley
2. theriot
3. lee
4. soriano
5. ramirez
6. soto
7. fontenot
8. fuk/johnson
9. zambrano

the reason i bat soriano clean up is because he's strctly a fastball hitter and he needs protection. i don't think soto provides the kind of protection ramirez brings.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Bradley is the only real LH power bat in the lineup, not really a fan of that being in the leadoff spot for the same reason as Soriano. I'd go with something like this

Theriot/Miles
Lee
Soriano
Bradley
Ramirez
Soto
Fuk/Johnson
Fontenot
I also think Lee's days as a #3 hitter are over.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=9332:date=Jan 6 2009, 10:11 AM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Jan 6 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I also think Lee's days as a #3 hitter are over.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd love to see either Bradley or ARam batting 3rd, but I think we're stuck with Lee there unless he really regresses this season.
Why not sign Dunn and put him in LF, then put Soriano back at 2nd.........I can dream about this lineup can't I?

Soriano
Lee
Bradley
Ramirez
Dunn
Soto
Theriot
Fuk / Pie
P

We don't need have room for three 2B, and we can't afford Dunn now anyway.
<!--quoteo(post=9342:date=Jan 6 2009, 10:44 AM:name=Cubbie1983)-->QUOTE (Cubbie1983 @ Jan 6 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why not sign Dunn and put him in LF, then put Soriano back at 2nd.........I can dream about this lineup can't I?

Soriano
Lee
Bradley
Ramirez
Dunn
Soto
Theriot
Fuk / Pie
P<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dunn in LF and Sori at 2B hurts our defense way more than it helps our offense.
Dunn ain't gonna be a Cub. That's obvious.
However, if he pulled and Andre Dawson, and gave Jim a blank contract, here's what we could do:
Bradley CF, Dunn RF (or move Alf and his arm to RF, put Dunn in LF).
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=9347:date=Jan 6 2009, 10:54 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 6 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Dunn ain't gonna be a Cub. That's obvious.
However, if he pulled and Andre Dawson, and gave Jim a blank contract, here's what we could do:
Bradley CF, Dunn RF (or move Alf and his arm to RF, put Dunn in LF).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We're a better team with Sori, Fuk/Johnson, Bradley then we are wtih Sori, Bradley, Dunn.
Saying Fuk is better than Dunn is....it's just absurd. Or Fuk/Johnson.
But have at it.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=9351:date=Jan 6 2009, 11:06 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 6 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Saying Fuk is better than Dunn is....it's just absurd. Or Fuk/Johnson.
But have at it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He didn't say that. He said the team is better with those players. There was no direct comparison position to position.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Anyway, it's like debating whether we'd be better with Manny. A waste of time, cuz we're not getting Manny.
<!--quoteo(post=9360:date=Jan 6 2009, 11:16 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 6 2009, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyway, it's like debating whether we'd be better with Manny. A waste of time, cuz we're not getting Manny.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Like we have ever avoided the complete hypothetical, pie in the sky here.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=9356:date=Jan 6 2009, 11:13 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Jan 6 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9351:date=Jan 6 2009, 11:06 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 6 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Saying Fuk is better than Dunn is....it's just absurd. Or Fuk/Johnson.
He didn't say that. He said the team is better with those players. There was no direct comparison position to position.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exactly. Sori in LF, Dunn in RF and Bradley in CF could be the worst defensive outfield ever.
<!--quoteo(post=9379:date=Jan 6 2009, 12:10 PM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Jan 6 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9356:date=Jan 6 2009, 11:13 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Jan 6 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9351:date=Jan 6 2009, 11:06 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 6 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Saying Fuk is better than Dunn is....it's just absurd. Or Fuk/Johnson.

Exactly. Sori in LF, Dunn in RF and Bradley in CF could be the worst defensive outfield ever.
It'd be a bad one. And it'd be one of the best <i>offensive</i> outfields ever.