Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs trade Pie
Cubs traded Felix Pie to the Orioles in exchange for LHP Garret Olson and RHP Henry Williamson
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/santo.gif[/img]
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Good. Let's get our owner, let's get Peavy, and let's go fuck some teams up.
@TheBlogfines
Well, it was bound to happen. I think its a very good trade for both teams. It was known that Olson is someone the Padres coveted and the Cubs actually got another pitcher in the deal. I still feel Pie can be a starter in the big leagues but I like this deal.
<!--quoteo(post=12245:date=Jan 18 2009, 11:26 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 18 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Good. Let's get our owner, let's get Peavy, and let's go fuck some teams up.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/guns.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/guns.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/guns.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/guns.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/guns.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/guns.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/guns.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=12246:date=Jan 18 2009, 01:26 PM:name=CCwinwssoon)-->QUOTE (CCwinwssoon @ Jan 18 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well, it was bound to happen. I think its a very good trade for both teams. It was known that Olson is someone the Padres coveted and the Cubs actually got another pitcher in the deal. I still feel Pie can be a starter in the big leagues but I like this deal.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yup, pie should have been gone last year! Bring On Jake!
I'm just glad the deal was made long before Spring Training.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
It just makes perfect sense. It was talked about this being a part of the Peavy deal, the owner is supposed to happen very soon, we can't make the Peavy deal until then and you'd like for it to happen as soon as possible, etc. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't happen. What's nice is we can hang on to Marshall as well.
@TheBlogfines
Henry Williamson is the better arm of the two.
Scouting reports?
[Image: lou.jpg]
This makes too much sense, it's totally happening. Peavy, Peavy Peavy.
Authentic Pie jerseys are on clearance on CubsWorld for only $49 now.
<!--quoteo(post=12255:date=Jan 18 2009, 01:52 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Jan 18 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Scouting reports?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<b>Williamson: </b>
-------------------------------------------<b>W---L---ERA----IP----WHIP</b>
Minor League Totals - 2 Season(s) 2---6---4.00-----90.0---1.13

<b>Olson:</b>
--------------------------------------------<b>W----L-----ERA-----IP----WHIP</b>
Major League Totals - 2 Season(s) 10---13----6.87----165.0----1.82

--------------------------------------------<b>W-----L-----ERA-----IP------WHIP</b>
Minor League Totals - 4 Season(s) 22-----19----2.95----384.1-----1.16

I don't think Williamson has enough innings pitched to say he's the better of the two. Plus, Olson's minor league numbers are way better than Williamson's
I wish Pete would post his thoughts about it on here instead of MLBTR.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=12258:date=Jan 18 2009, 03:13 PM:name=AlexV)-->QUOTE (AlexV @ Jan 18 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=12255:date=Jan 18 2009, 01:52 PM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Jan 18 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Scouting reports?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<b>Williamson: </b>
-------------------------------------------<b>W---L---ERA----IP----WHIP</b>
Minor League Totals - 2 Season(s) 2---6---4.00-----90.0---1.13

<b>Olson:</b>
--------------------------------------------<b>W----L-----ERA-----IP----WHIP</b>
Major League Totals - 2 Season(s) 10---13----6.87----165.0----1.82

--------------------------------------------<b>W-----L-----ERA-----IP------WHIP</b>
Minor League Totals - 4 Season(s) 22-----19----2.95----384.1-----1.16

I don't think Williamson has enough innings pitched to say he's the better of the two. Plus, Olson's minor league numbers are way better than Williamson's
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The numbers are limited, admittedly, but as a kid he has managed to strike out more than 1 per inning and he doesn't walk people. Garrett Olsen, on the other hand, is a BP pitcher who should be carried to the HR Derby by a participant.