Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs sign a Japanese Reliever
Minor league deal and a spring training invite for Ken Kadokura.

More friends for Fukudome. He's 35 and hasn't been good in a few years. Meh.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
retarded, no amount of shitty washed up Japanese players is going to fix Fukudome's stupid fucking swing.
<!--quoteo(post=12438:date=Jan 19 2009, 05:03 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 19 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->retarded, no amount of shitty washed up Japanese players is going to fix Fukudome's stupid fucking swing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah. Do they really think the league figuring out that if you throw him something away and off-speed that he'll flail around like a helpless seal will be fixed by having someone to chat with in ST?

And that's all this is, I'm certain of it. Considering how overloaded our pen is already, this guy has no chance to make the team (unless three or four expected 25-man pitchers are sent to the Padres for Peavy).
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I think he'll make adjustments on the breaking balls, his biggest problem in the 2nd half was not going with the outside pitch to left field like he was earlier in the year. They just kept going away, away, away on him. It's just staying on the ball and that's something he can definitely fix. I expect to see a solid season from Fuk.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=12442:date=Jan 19 2009, 05:55 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 19 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think he'll make adjustments on the breaking balls, his biggest problem in the 2nd half was not going with the outside pitch to left field like he was earlier in the year. They just kept going away, away, away on him. It's just staying on the ball and that's something he can definitely fix. I expect to see a solid season from Fuk.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[Image: segacd2.jpg]
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Eleven pitchers – lefthanders Ed Campusano, J.R. Mathes, Matt Smith, Mike Stanton, Jason Waddell and Bill White and righthanders Esmailin Caridad, Andrew Cashner, Chad Fox, Ken Kadokura and Rocky Roquet – have been invited to major league camp, as well as catchers Welington Castillo, Steve Clevenger and Mark Johnson. Infielders Darwin Barney, Andres Blanco, Luis Rivas and Bobby Scales have also been invited, along with outfielders Doug Deeds, Jason Dubois and So Taguchi.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That bitch Luis Rivas went deep on us twice I remember. Mike Stanton's 41, didn't pitch last year, and was crap in 2007.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=12607:date=Jan 20 2009, 06:31 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 20 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Eleven pitchers – lefthanders Ed Campusano, J.R. Mathes, Matt Smith, Mike Stanton, Jason Waddell and Bill White and righthanders Esmailin Caridad, Andrew Cashner, Chad Fox, Ken Kadokura and Rocky Roquet – have been invited to major league camp, as well as catchers Welington Castillo, Steve Clevenger and Mark Johnson. Infielders Darwin Barney, Andres Blanco, Luis Rivas and Bobby Scales have also been invited, along with outfielders Doug Deeds, Jason Dubois and So Taguchi.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That bitch Luis Rivas went deep on us twice I remember. Mike Stanton's 41, didn't pitch last year, and was crap in 2007.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
In other news ...
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=12597:date=Jan 20 2009, 04:03 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Jan 20 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=12442:date=Jan 19 2009, 05:55 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 19 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think he'll make adjustments on the breaking balls, his biggest problem in the 2nd half was not going with the outside pitch to left field like he was earlier in the year. They just kept going away, away, away on him. It's just staying on the ball and that's something he can definitely fix. I expect to see a solid season from Fuk.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=12597:date=Jan 20 2009, 03:03 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Jan 20 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=12442:date=Jan 19 2009, 05:55 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 19 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think he'll make adjustments on the breaking balls, his biggest problem in the 2nd half was not going with the outside pitch to left field like he was earlier in the year. They just kept going away, away, away on him. It's just staying on the ball and that's something he can definitely fix. I expect to see a solid season from Fuk.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] I thought I was on the only one who has one of those.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.