Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Crap, ARod Tested Positive for Steroids!
I'm pretty sure Sammy did it, but I agree with Orf that it's still crappy journalism to include him in this. We as fans can talk about that, but you don't publish something like that on espn.com without some real evidence. We have it for everybody else mentioned, not him.

And yeah, Canseco didn't include Sammy.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=18623:date=Feb 18 2009, 12:57 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 18 2009, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm pretty sure Sammy did it, but I agree with Orf that it's still crappy journalism to include him in this. We as fans can talk about that, but you don't publish something like that on espn.com without some real evidence. We have it for everybody else mentioned, not him.

And yeah, Canseco didn't include Sammy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Per Baltimore Sun

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-osd...-college-sports

<b>Feb. 14, 2005</b> - In a book, retired slugger Jose Canseco says he set up the Orioles' Rafael Palmeiro with a steroid supply when they played for Texas Rangers in the early 1990s. Canseco says he suspects the Orioles' Sammy Sosa is a steroid user.
Do you have the book P2? I never read, so I'm not sure if it was actually mentioned in the book or not.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Well, we know how accurate the Baltimore Sun is with baseball talk. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=18641:date=Feb 18 2009, 02:32 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 18 2009, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well, we know how accurate the Baltimore Sun is with baseball talk. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
Dude, the Roberts deal is just around the corner.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
i've been told by the principal at my school that the a-rod "got milk" poster is to be taken down. it will be replaced by chris paul. no more a-rod in our school district starting today.
Wang.
Jesse "The Body" Ventura wants Selig to be indicted, as Vince McMahon was back in the mid-90's. While I don't know the exact circumstances, it does seem odd that Selig is getting a free pass with this.

Article.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=18676:date=Feb 18 2009, 06:03 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Feb 18 2009, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jesse "The Body" Ventura wants Selig to be indicted, as Vince McMahon was back in the mid-90's. While I don't know the exact circumstances, it does seem odd that Selig is getting a free pass with this.

Article.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yesterday Selig claimed he has no blame in the steroid case...that's absurd. He should have stepped to the plate sooner.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
vince mcmahon was distributing steroids. selig was hiding from them. big difference.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=18638:date=Feb 18 2009, 01:39 AM:name=twitterwoods)-->QUOTE (twitterwoods @ Feb 18 2009, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18623:date=Feb 18 2009, 12:57 AM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 18 2009, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm pretty sure Sammy did it, but I agree with Orf that it's still crappy journalism to include him in this. We as fans can talk about that, but you don't publish something like that on espn.com without some real evidence. We have it for everybody else mentioned, not him.

Per Baltimore Sun

<b>Feb. 14, 2005</b> - In a book, retired slugger Jose Canseco says he set up the Orioles' Rafael Palmeiro with a steroid supply when they played for Texas Rangers in the early 1990s. Canseco says he suspects the Orioles' Sammy Sosa is a steroid user.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There is a difference, though, between "I supplied Sammy Sosa with steroids", and "I think Sammy Sosa is on steroids".
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=18717:date=Feb 18 2009, 11:37 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Feb 18 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18638:date=Feb 18 2009, 01:39 AM:name=twitterwoods)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (twitterwoods @ Feb 18 2009, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18623:date=Feb 18 2009, 12:57 AM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 18 2009, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm pretty sure Sammy did it, but I agree with Orf that it's still crappy journalism to include him in this. We as fans can talk about that, but you don't publish something like that on espn.com without some real evidence. We have it for everybody else mentioned, not him.

Per Baltimore Sun

There is a difference, though, between "I supplied Sammy Sosa with steroids", and "I think Sammy Sosa is on steroids".

Bingo, BT. No one has ever said they saw Sammy do steroids or supplied him with them. The only thing that points to it is his body at the time, the era itself, and his demonstrated propensity to cheat. Yeah, if there were a way to bet on it, I'd bet he took them. It just bothers me when people come forth with absolute statements that Sammy did roids when there is no evidence that would come close to not being thrown out of court that he did.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
Look - I loved Sammy as much as the next guy, I don't think you can say he didn't do roids based on the fact no one saw him. There are a handfull of people on the list I included Canseco was never teammates with and still implied them based on physical symptoms typical with steroid use. Like KB said - so far Canseco is spot on but take his opinion for what its worth.

I actually liken this quite a bit to when Sammy corked his bat and tried to say that it was just a batting practice bat he grabbed by mistake. Some people seemed to buy that. Then Grace came forward and kind of threw Sammy under the bus in regards to the matter but some people still didn't believe Sammy was a cheater.

Yes, no one saw or supplied Sammy with roids. However given every thing thats come out and Canseco's track record on the matter, I think he was a user. Have any of the players accused tried to come forward and clear their name or sue Canseco?
I think everyone pretty much agrees with you, p2.. There is no physical account of any player or coach having seen Sammy take it (just guesses), but based on the era, how he grew, etc... we just kinda assume he did.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Sammy's year to year growth and decline in size is enough for me.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=18758:date=Feb 18 2009, 02:17 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Feb 18 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sammy's year to year growth and decline in size is enough for me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

he was a weight room warrior and he drank milk.
Wang.