Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Crap, ARod Tested Positive for Steroids!
Does anyone have a complete list of everyone that Canseco claimed was a definite user?
Because at this point, he's been 100% accurate.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I forget - has anyone ever said: "yes, I personally know that Sammy used because I saw him/sold it to him/helped him/ whatever"?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=18488:date=Feb 17 2009, 06:05 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 17 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18481:date=Feb 17 2009, 05:49 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 17 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18400:date=Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This kinda pissed me off...from ESPN.com

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Where Rodriguez broke new ground Tuesday was with his admission, which separates himself from others -- Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa among them -- ensnared in the haze of the steroids era. Rodriguez also is the first first-ballot-type Hall of Famer to acknowledge using performance-enhancing substances.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Now, I don't believe Sosa is squeaky clean, but as of now we have no evidence besides our own eyes. On top of that, you can't just group him in the same paragraph as two known users and one (Bonds) who is currently in a trial about it.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How is McGwire a "known user?"
I dunno. The fact that he completely refused to talk about anything during the trial was pretty incriminating. "I'm net here to talk about the past." Really? Why did you think they brought you in?

Of course, Sammy forgetting how to speak English was just as incriminating.
Oh, I agree 100% that him "forgetting" English was very shady. No doubt, but I just think this was bad journalism to include Sosa in that article, nothing more, nothing less
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Sosa deserved to be included. He used. Period.
<!--quoteo(post=18507:date=Feb 17 2009, 06:36 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Feb 17 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sosa deserved to be included. He used. Period.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Unlike the others, he has never admitted to it or been convicted/on trial. So no, he doesn't deserve to be included.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Sosa used and he deserves to be linked to those others. I have never been more positive of something in my life. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Unlike the others, he has never admitted to it or been convicted/on trial. So no, he doesn't deserve to be included.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That statement fits for McGwire and bonds too.
<!--quoteo(post=18510:date=Feb 17 2009, 06:43 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Feb 17 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sosa used and he deserves to be linked to those others. I have never been more positive of something in my life. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Unlike the others, he has never admitted to it or been convicted/on trial. So no, he doesn't deserve to be included.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

McGwire admitted to Andro. Bonds is pleady not guilty. And this isn't about deciding if Sosa used or not. I just think it is bad journalism.

Your three friends get busted for drugs, but somehow Coldnecks name appears in the city newspaper. Would you not personally be upset?
<!--quoteo(post=18513:date=Feb 17 2009, 07:47 PM:name=CFOrfan)-->QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Feb 17 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18510:date=Feb 17 2009, 06:43 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Feb 17 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sosa used and he deserves to be linked to those others. I have never been more positive of something in my life. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Unlike the others, he has never admitted to it or been convicted/on trial. So no, he doesn't deserve to be included.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

McGwire admitted to Andro. Bonds is pleady not guilty. And this isn't about deciding if Sosa used or not. I just think it is bad journalism.

Your three friends get busted for drugs, but somehow Coldnecks name appears in the city newspaper. Would you not personally be upset?

If I was in the same house and looked like a meth addict I would have deserved it. So yes, I think my name should be there. I can understand why you think its shoddy journalism, but when you think of Bonds, McGwire, and A-Rod - Sosa names justs fits.
To continue the Coldneck/Sosa meth/steroids analogy, Sammy was the equivalent of a guy with 17 black teeth, who weighed 105 pounds and had scabs all over his body, and had $30,000 cash in his trailer.

I loved Sammy as much as anyone, but the evidence is pretty overwhelming.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
bonds did admit to using. of course he also said he didn't know it was steroids.

as for sammy, he's 100% innocent.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=18554:date=Feb 17 2009, 08:09 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Feb 17 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->bonds did admit to using. of course he also said he didn't know it was steroids.

as for sammy, he's 100% innocent.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh yeah, I forgot about the cream and the clear. And "flaxseed oil."
There is no evidence that Sammy used steroids other than the added musculature and homers. Perhaps you might want to add the fact that he did cheat in using a corked bat--he did that, so why would he be troubled by the illegality of steroids?

No one has ever come forth and said they saw him use anything. He's never admitted to using anything.

That being said, given the widespread use at the time, I'd be shocked if Sammy never used. I doubt if we will ever know for sure. And you know what? It makes absolutely no difference to me--Sammy was the most exciting Cubs player in my lifetime.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
Mine too. I loved him. I even enjoyed his faults, like his propensity for heaving throws ten feet over the catcher's head.
<!--quoteo(post=18500:date=Feb 17 2009, 06:18 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 17 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Does anyone have a complete list of everyone that Canseco claimed was a definite user?
Because at this point, he's been 100% accurate.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I dont have a full List, but dusting off my copy of "Juiced" and recalling some interviews I've heard over time -

Mark McGwire
Rafeal Palmero
Sammy Sosa
Jason Giambi
Wilson Alvarez
Dave Martinez
Bret Boone
Tony Saunders
Ken Camaniti
Ivan Rodriguez
Juan Gonzalez
Magglio Ordonez
Roger Clemens
Alex Rodriguez
<!--quoteo(post=18603:date=Feb 17 2009, 10:35 PM:name=twitterwoods)-->QUOTE (twitterwoods @ Feb 17 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18500:date=Feb 17 2009, 06:18 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 17 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Does anyone have a complete list of everyone that Canseco claimed was a definite user?
Because at this point, he's been 100% accurate.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I dont have a full List, but dusting off my copy of "Juiced" and recalling some interviews I've heard over time -

Mark McGwire
Rafeal Palmero
Sammy Sosa
Jason Giambi
Wilson Alvarez
Dave Martinez
Bret Boone
Tony Saunders
Ken Camaniti
Ivan Rodriguez
Juan Gonzalez
Magglio Ordonez
Roger Clemens
Alex Rodriguez
I'm pretty sure Sosa has never been accused by Canseco.