Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Crap, ARod Tested Positive for Steroids!
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Selig hasn't ruled out suspending ARod

Commissioner Bud Selig said Wednesday that he hasn't ruled out disciplining Alex Rodriguez for admitting to the use of banned substances from 2001-2003.
"It was against the law, so I would have to think about that," Selig said. "It's very hard. I've got to think about all that kind of stuff." Any attempt to discipline Rodriguez will be fought by the Players Association because the penalty phase of the steroids testing policy was not implemented until 2004. Feb. 12 - 9:48 am et<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Leave it to Bud to suspend a guy for answering allegations about steroid use that only came about because MLB leaked confidential test results.
This may be in the thread already and if I missed it sorry.

If he asked that all 3 years worth of stats be removed would that make a difference to HOF voters? or even the public?
<!--quoteo(post=17558:date=Feb 12 2009, 11:04 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Feb 12 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Selig hasn't ruled out suspending ARod

Commissioner Bud Selig said Wednesday that he hasn't ruled out disciplining Alex Rodriguez for admitting to the use of banned substances from 2001-2003.
"It was against the law, so I would have to think about that," Selig said. "It's very hard. I've got to think about all that kind of stuff." Any attempt to discipline Rodriguez will be fought by the Players Association because the penalty phase of the steroids testing policy was not implemented until 2004. Feb. 12 - 9:48 am et<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Leave it to Bud to suspend a guy for answering allegations about steroid use that only came about because MLB leaked confidential test results.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There is no way Selig could get away with suspending him. He didn't suspend Giambi. This is just Bud trying to sound like a bad ass when he really knows that he can't do shit.
I had a Cardinal fan tell me that Grace and Ryno were on steroids...just stupid.
<!--quoteo(post=17647:date=Feb 12 2009, 04:35 PM:name=wcplummer)-->QUOTE (wcplummer @ Feb 12 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I had a Cardinal fan tell me that Grace and Ryno were on steroids...just stupid.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You them that Ozzie Smith and Whitey Herzog raped children
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=17668:date=Feb 12 2009, 05:09 PM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Feb 12 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17647:date=Feb 12 2009, 04:35 PM:name=wcplummer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wcplummer @ Feb 12 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I had a Cardinal fan tell me that Grace and Ryno were on steroids...just stupid.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=17668:date=Feb 12 2009, 05:09 PM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Feb 12 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17647:date=Feb 12 2009, 04:35 PM:name=wcplummer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wcplummer @ Feb 12 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I had a Cardinal fan tell me that Grace and Ryno were on steroids...just stupid.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

don't tell them that. tell them something that will piss them off.
Wang.
"I thank you all and look forward to this amazing season, because it will be the best season of our lives." Okay Alex!
@TheBlogfines
This kinda pissed me off...from ESPN.com

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Where Rodriguez broke new ground Tuesday was with his admission, which separates himself from others -- Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa among them -- ensnared in the haze of the steroids era. Rodriguez also is the first first-ballot-type Hall of Famer to acknowledge using performance-enhancing substances.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Now, I don't believe Sosa is squeaky clean, but as of now we have no evidence besides our own eyes. On top of that, you can't just group him in the same paragraph as two known users and one (Bonds) who is currently in a trial about it.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
<!--quoteo(post=18400:date=Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM:name=CFOrfan)-->QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This kinda pissed me off...from ESPN.com

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Where Rodriguez broke new ground Tuesday was with his admission, which separates himself from others -- Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa among them -- ensnared in the haze of the steroids era. Rodriguez also is the first first-ballot-type Hall of Famer to acknowledge using performance-enhancing substances.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Now, I don't believe Sosa is squeaky clean, but as of now we have no evidence besides our own eyes. On top of that, you can't just group him in the same paragraph as two known users and one (Bonds) who is currently in a trial about it.
How is McGwire a "known user?"
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=18481:date=Feb 17 2009, 04:49 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 17 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18400:date=Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This kinda pissed me off...from ESPN.com

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Where Rodriguez broke new ground Tuesday was with his admission, which separates himself from others -- Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa among them -- ensnared in the haze of the steroids era. Rodriguez also is the first first-ballot-type Hall of Famer to acknowledge using performance-enhancing substances.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hasn't he admitted to andro use?
<!--quoteo(post=18484:date=Feb 17 2009, 05:54 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Feb 17 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18481:date=Feb 17 2009, 04:49 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 17 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18400:date=Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This kinda pissed me off...from ESPN.com

Hasn't he admitted to andro use?
Yeah, but Andro wasn't always illegal.
<!--quoteo(post=18481:date=Feb 17 2009, 05:49 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 17 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18400:date=Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This kinda pissed me off...from ESPN.com

I dunno. The fact that he completely refused to talk about anything during the trial was pretty incriminating. "I'm net here to talk about the past." Really? Why did you think they brought you in?

Of course, Sammy forgetting how to speak English was just as incriminating.
<!--quoteo(post=18488:date=Feb 17 2009, 06:05 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 17 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18481:date=Feb 17 2009, 05:49 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 17 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18400:date=Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This kinda pissed me off...from ESPN.com

I dunno. The fact that he completely refused to talk about anything during the trial was pretty incriminating. "I'm net here to talk about the past." Really? Why did you think they brought you in?

In Sammy's defense though, how can you forget something that you never really grasped in the first place?
<!--quoteo(post=18492:date=Feb 17 2009, 06:08 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Feb 17 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18488:date=Feb 17 2009, 06:05 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 17 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18481:date=Feb 17 2009, 05:49 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 17 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18400:date=Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Feb 17 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This kinda pissed me off...from ESPN.com

In Sammy's defense though, how can you forget something that you never really grasped in the first place?
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

That's kind of true, actually...