Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Crap, ARod Tested Positive for Steroids!
anyone who thinks a-rod only did roids when he was with texas is naive.
Wang.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Some of the 104 players listed as having positive drug tests in documents seized by the federal government in 2004 did not test positive for substances on baseball's banned list at that time, a highly placed Major League Baseball source has told ESPN.

At least eight players, the source said, had results from their 2003 drug tests that were consistent with then-available over the counter supplements not banned by baseball until 2005.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
link(espn)
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=17253:date=Feb 11 2009, 08:05 AM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ Feb 11 2009, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17197:date=Feb 10 2009, 08:23 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 10 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17054:date=Feb 10 2009, 10:17 AM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Feb 10 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->hPOD...awesome first post, and dead on.

If he had been truly sorry, he'd have come forward before he was outed...bingo...dead, straight-on.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's just dumb. Can a murderer not be sorry, but also be afraid of facing the consequences?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really, it's "just dumb?!" While yes, a murderer can be sorry for his actions, he's facing capital punishment or a life sentence for coming forward...these guys are not. You just compared lying/cheating in a pro sport to lying about murder. On this matter, the words apples and oranges comes to mind. In the 80's, when Happy Days went that far, they called it jumping the shark.

As to what you said before, I couldn't disagree with your opinion on the matter more. Allowing cheaters who skewed the 'curve' on what was possible in the game is completely insane. By your rational, we should keep them in the record books and allow them into the HoF despite the fact they <b>artificially</b> inflated their numbers via foreign substances which future generations of players can no longer use. The fact that future/current players can no longer use these same substances, which would be necessary to break these freakish records, is beyond unfair. Next you'll tell me that if someone wants to tape a metal pipe into their boxing gloves, the 20 second knockouts they score every match and their 90-0 record should remain intact after they're caught. Rediculous comparison, I know, but at least it's comparing apples to, uh...slightly bigger apples.

Kick every single Hall of Famer that's used greenies, or pine tar on a hat, or used a wedding ring to scratch the ball up out of the H.O.F then.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=17433:date=Feb 11 2009, 07:19 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 11 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kick every single Hall of Famer that's used greenies, or pine tar on a hat, or used a wedding ring to scratch the ball up out of the H.O.F then.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Comparing anabolic steroids to greenies, pine tar or wedding rings is a bit much, imo. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=17446:date=Feb 11 2009, 07:56 PM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ Feb 11 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17433:date=Feb 11 2009, 07:19 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 11 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kick every single Hall of Famer that's used greenies, or pine tar on a hat, or used a wedding ring to scratch the ball up out of the H.O.F then.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Comparing anabolic steroids to greenies, pine tar or wedding rings is a bit much, imo. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
It's all cheating. Cheating is cheating. Kick them out.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=17452:date=Feb 11 2009, 08:05 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 11 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17446:date=Feb 11 2009, 07:56 PM:name=hPOD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hPOD @ Feb 11 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17433:date=Feb 11 2009, 07:19 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 11 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kick every single Hall of Famer that's used greenies, or pine tar on a hat, or used a wedding ring to scratch the ball up out of the H.O.F then.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Some of these guys got caught on the field of play cheating and they were punished. Perry got punished a bunch of times for doctoring the ball. The punishment has to fit the crime, dude. You don't just kick every player out of the Hall who ever cheated. Want to know why? It would be empty.
<!--quoteo(post=17457:date=Feb 11 2009, 08:10 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 11 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17452:date=Feb 11 2009, 08:05 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 11 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17446:date=Feb 11 2009, 07:56 PM:name=hPOD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hPOD @ Feb 11 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17433:date=Feb 11 2009, 07:19 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 11 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kick every single Hall of Famer that's used greenies, or pine tar on a hat, or used a wedding ring to scratch the ball up out of the H.O.F then.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Some of these guys got caught on the field of play cheating and they were punished. Perry got punished a bunch of times for doctoring the ball. The punishment has to fit the crime, dude. You don't just kick every player out of the Hall who ever cheated. Want to know why? It would be empty.
Exactly my point. "{paraphrase} If you don't try to cheat, you're not trying to win. {paraphrase/}

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=17461:date=Feb 11 2009, 08:18 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 11 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17457:date=Feb 11 2009, 08:10 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 11 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17452:date=Feb 11 2009, 08:05 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 11 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17446:date=Feb 11 2009, 07:56 PM:name=hPOD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hPOD @ Feb 11 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17433:date=Feb 11 2009, 07:19 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 11 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kick every single Hall of Famer that's used greenies, or pine tar on a hat, or used a wedding ring to scratch the ball up out of the H.O.F then.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exactly my point. "{paraphrase} If you don't try to cheat, you're not trying to win. {paraphrase/}

Still, I maintain there is a difference in the crimes we are speaking of. We don't put kids on death row that stole candy bars, that's reserved for the hardest of the hardcore criminal. I equate steroids to a major crime versus doctoring a ball. But that's just me.
So what if Sosa used them while in the D.R. at a time when there was no ban on them in MLB? He broke no law no rules. Does he not deserve HOF?
<!--quoteo(post=17479:date=Feb 11 2009, 10:56 PM:name=wcplummer)-->QUOTE (wcplummer @ Feb 11 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So what if Sosa used them while in the D.R. at a time when there was no ban on them in MLB? He broke no law no rules. Does he not deserve HOF?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Steroids have been banned in MLB since 1991. There was just no set punishment or testing.

Sosa was a cheater.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
They took away Ben Johnson's world record and gold medal in the 100m sprint after he tested positive. Same should go for MLB players.
Roy Oswalt just ripped him a new butthole. It was entertaining.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=17507:date=Feb 12 2009, 01:27 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Feb 12 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Roy Oswalt just ripped him a new butthole. It was entertaining.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oswalt has absolutely zero credibility because, in the same interview, he said he thought Roger Clemens was innocent. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=17509:date=Feb 12 2009, 02:07 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 12 2009, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17507:date=Feb 12 2009, 01:27 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Feb 12 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Roy Oswalt just ripped him a new butthole. It was entertaining.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oswalt has absolutely zero credibility because, in the same interview, he said he thought Roger Clemens was innocent. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Didn't see that part. He is dumb
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
gaylord perry wrote a book called "the spitter and me" (or something like that) <b>while he was still pitching</b>.

when asked if he'd ever used a foreign substance while pitching, don sutton replied, "vaseline is made in america."
Wang.