Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Crap, ARod Tested Positive for Steroids!
<!--quoteo(post=16899:date=Feb 9 2009, 04:17 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Feb 9 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16898:date=Feb 9 2009, 03:16 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 9 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm losing more respect for him with every word he speaks in this interview with Gammons. What a douche.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Call me naive and negligent, but I believe him.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Of course you do.
@TheBlogfines
I don't get it. Why would you believe this guy now? He went on with Couric 14 months ago and said that he had never done steroids before. Now, he's on here with Gammons saying "Yea, I did it once...but -never- any other times". What has he done that makes him believable?

"Don't follow this Selena Roberts lady..." Even though she was correct in her report (by Rodriguez's admission).
<!--quoteo(post=16904:date=Feb 9 2009, 03:22 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 9 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He attacked Selena Roberts for all this crap, when he admits her report is accurate. Now he's saying how "proud" he is that he did this interview. Please, go fuck yourself you oompa loompa looking fuckface.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You know ESPN loves his bashing of SI. That's got to be big reason for this interview is even taking place.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=16907:date=Feb 9 2009, 04:26 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Feb 9 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16904:date=Feb 9 2009, 03:22 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 9 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He attacked Selena Roberts for all this crap, when he admits her report is accurate. Now he's saying how "proud" he is that he did this interview. Please, go fuck yourself you oompa loompa looking fuckface.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You know ESPN loves his bashing of SI. That's got to be big reason for this interview is even taking place.
I think the main reason this interview took place was because it's the biggest story in the country right now.
@TheBlogfines
I'd rather see someone with an edge and some nuts, like maybe Olbermann, interview him. Gammons is going way too easy on him for an interview like this. That garbage answer about "I wasn't even being honest with myself, how could I be honest with Ms. Couric", was pure bullshit.

Look if he was doing this of his own accord, I might be inclined to believe him. But this is 100% spin control because of the SI story. He hasn't had any kind of epiphany, he just got boxed into a corner and has no other alternatives.
<!--quoteo(post=16906:date=Feb 9 2009, 03:25 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 9 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't get it. Why would you believe this guy now? He went on with Couric 14 months ago and said that he had never done steroids before. Now, he's on here with Gammons saying "Yea, I did it once...but -never- any other times". What has he done that makes him believable?

"Don't follow this Selena Roberts lady..." Even though she was correct in her report (by Rodriguez's admission).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Because unlike Bonds, Clemens and McGwire...and Sosa too...he's admitting it. If he's willing to be honest, then it says a lot. His story is on line with the stories from the NFL guys and other MLBers, who say that they don't know what they're taking. Obviously he knew it was shady, but this stuff ain't labeled "ROIDS."

Do I condone his juicing? HELL NO.
Have I always liked him? NO.
Do I think his career is tainted? YES.

But, I respect him for admitting this, although the Selena Roberts thing is douchey.
<!--quoteo(post=16908:date=Feb 9 2009, 03:28 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 9 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16907:date=Feb 9 2009, 04:26 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Feb 9 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16904:date=Feb 9 2009, 03:22 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 9 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He attacked Selena Roberts for all this crap, when he admits her report is accurate. Now he's saying how "proud" he is that he did this interview. Please, go fuck yourself you oompa loompa looking fuckface.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think the main reason this interview took place was because it's the biggest story in the country right now.
Obviously...but ESPN's only competitor in many ways is CNN/SI. It's a perfect storm for ESPN.
<!--quoteo(post=16910:date=Feb 9 2009, 06:32 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Feb 9 2009, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16906:date=Feb 9 2009, 03:25 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 9 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't get it. Why would you believe this guy now? He went on with Couric 14 months ago and said that he had never done steroids before. Now, he's on here with Gammons saying "Yea, I did it once...but -never- any other times". What has he done that makes him believable?

"Don't follow this Selena Roberts lady..." Even though she was correct in her report (by Rodriguez's admission).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Because unlike Bonds, Clemens and McGwire...and Sosa too...he's admitting it. If he's willing to be honest, then it says a lot. His story is on line with the stories from the NFL guys and other MLBers, who say that they don't know what they're taking. Obviously he knew it was shady, but this stuff ain't labeled "ROIDS."

Do I condone his juicing? HELL NO.
Have I always liked him? NO.
Do I think his career is tainted? YES.

But, I respect him for admitting this, although the Selena Roberts thing is douchey.

So you're of the opinion that a major league athlete would put something in there body without knowing what it was? Because that's the necessary assumption if you believe that he didn't know what he was taking. Further, if he didn't know what he was taking, how does he know now that he took a banned substance? It makes no sense. Not even I would take something if I didn't know, at least, what it was.

He's admitting he took "it"...6 years after the fact...14 months after he steadfastly denied taking them...and after he got caught. He's making a PR move. Whether he's actually done steroids before/since then, to believe him now is foolish. I'm sorry. He's done nothing to merit the trust of anyone.
I don't have his full respect...but he made some strides with this.
If he gives '03 MVP to Delgado or Posada, then that would be huge. But he's too selfish to do so.
<!--quoteo(post=16913:date=Feb 9 2009, 03:35 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 9 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He's making a PR move.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Exactly. But would you rather him deny and deny like Bonds and Clemens?
<!--quoteo(post=16916:date=Feb 9 2009, 06:38 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Feb 9 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16913:date=Feb 9 2009, 03:35 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 9 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He's making a PR move.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't care if he denies or accepts responsibility.

But I have determined what happened to ARod. Selena Roberts slipped him some of this.
Why is he looking away? He's pulling a "Chocolate Rain."
<!--quoteo(post=16917:date=Feb 9 2009, 04:40 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 9 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16916:date=Feb 9 2009, 06:38 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Feb 9 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16913:date=Feb 9 2009, 03:35 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 9 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He's making a PR move.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't care if he denies or accepts responsibility.

But I have determined what happened to ARod. Selena Roberts slipped him some of this.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
@TheBlogfines
"I'm not a good ragger, but I'm a good receiver."

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/emu.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Griffey has almost been as vocal as Schilling about being anti-roids. He's also a string bean, and looks almost exactly the same as he did at age 20. The years when he hit all those homers were his ages 25-29, when practically ALL MLB players produce their best seasons.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Kabes, Griffey has been out of shape with a beer gut for the last 3-4 years, He looks nothing like he did when he was 20.

[Image: Ken%20Griffey,%20Jr.jpg]