Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Crap, ARod Tested Positive for Steroids!
<!--quoteo(post=16652:date=Feb 7 2009, 03:56 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 7 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16651:date=Feb 7 2009, 03:54 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Feb 7 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16645:date=Feb 7 2009, 04:32 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 7 2009, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16643:date=Feb 7 2009, 03:30 PM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Feb 7 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He hit 66 in '98 but McGwire hit 70 that year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I knew that I just meant that he had broken the previous mark. I guess I could've worded it differently.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Wasn't sure if you meant that, or what Kb said, the Cubs' single season record. Wasn't bustin' your balls, was just confused.

Now that I'm clear, I can make the point I was gonna make: I highly, highly doubt Sosa was using a corked bat in 1998.
Me too. But I'm pretty certain someone was injecting him with something.
There's no doubt about that.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=16649:date=Feb 7 2009, 02:41 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 7 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16647:date=Feb 7 2009, 03:38 PM:name=wcplummer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wcplummer @ Feb 7 2009, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wouldn't doubt it if back in the days of Babe & Maris if they were not poppin pills too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
booze, cigars, and bitches.
The life.
@TheBlogfines
The guy that was the director of conditioning for the Rangers in 2003 was just on Espnews and had some interesting things to say. He said that in the 03 Spring Training, A-Rod, Palmeiro, and Juan Gone approached him and Buck Showalter. They asked if the workload could be lowered, that they didn't need all this extra training. He said in his 13 years doing this he'd never heard a single player request this. He found A-Rod's performance a bit fishy that year with how little he had been training in comparison to the past.
@TheBlogfines
Every time this steroid issue comes up, I get this shitty feeling.

I love baseball. Love it. I enjoy just sitting and watching the Cubs. Chatting up rumors and trades with friends. Just analyzing each little decision or strategy used within a 9 inning game.

When I think about what an influence steroids have had on this game, I feel like I should disown baseball. I have principles, and no matter how much people tell me to just forget about it or get off my high horse, I can't stand knowing that I'm rooting for people that: 1. Have little faith in their own abilities and 2. Are polluting their own body for MY entertainment.

It sucks.

I can only hope that the game is a lot cleaner than it was. But, I feel like I'm only lying to myself when I think that. I just feel like a hypocrite, but I just love this game and the Cubs too much to do anything else.
<!--quoteo(post=16665:date=Feb 7 2009, 05:08 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Feb 7 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Every time this steroid issue comes up, I get this shitty feeling.

I love baseball. Love it. I enjoy just sitting and watching the Cubs. Chatting up rumors and trades with friends. Just analyzing each little decision or strategy used within a 9 inning game.

When I think about what an influence steroids have had on this game, I feel like I should disown baseball. I have principles, and no matter how much people tell me to just forget about it or get off my high horse, I can't stand knowing that I'm rooting for people that: 1. Have little faith in their own abilities and 2. Are polluting their own body for MY entertainment.

It sucks.

I can only hope that the game is a lot cleaner than it was. But, I feel like I'm only lying to myself when I think that. I just feel like a hypocrite, but I just love this game and the Cubs too much to do anything else.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Might be your best post ever...ever.
Yeah, I could completely relate to that feeling. Good post.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=16629:date=Feb 7 2009, 03:00 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 7 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think Frank juiced... he was always just a beast like Beezer said.

[Image: thomastp.jpg]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I remember getting that card out of a pack. My brother was soooo jealous [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] I still have it around here somewhere.....
This is probably taboo to say but D Lee's '05 season was a whole lot of fun to watch, however... I've always been suspicious of it. He's one of my favorite Cubs but he hit that season like never before, or since. Andruw Jones' '05 is another that I've wondered about. I know throughout history players have had crazy career years, hope that's the case.
Scarey hit it on the head, as I feel the same way. Nearly all of my family members outside of my wife has disowned the sport. I try to forget about the past and assume the MLB has made strides to protect us from being cheated as fans from this point forward.
If people are gonna stop watching baseball because of PEDs, then those same people whould never watch an NFL game or turn on the Olympics either.
<!--quoteo(post=16717:date=Feb 8 2009, 10:57 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Feb 8 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If people are gonna stop watching baseball because of PEDs, then those same people whould never watch and NFL game or turn on the Olympics either.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree. I've actually had internal struggles over watching football simply because it's so unhealthy in general for the players. Everyone playing the game is reducing the amount of years they'll have a high quality of life. They're basically trading it off to entertain me, and again that makes me feel like shit.

But the point about there being rampant drug use in other sports is apt.
<!--quoteo(post=16703:date=Feb 8 2009, 06:25 AM:name=Bart)-->QUOTE (Bart @ Feb 8 2009, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is probably taboo to say but D Lee's '05 season was a whole lot of fun to watch, however... I've always been suspicious of it. He's one of my favorite Cubs but he hit that season like never before, or since. Andruw Jones' '05 is another that I've wondered about. I know throughout history players have had crazy career years, hope that's the case.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've often wondered the same thing - but I come back to the thought that the extreme awesomeness of his season was mostly batting average driven, which is typically not associated with juicing.

But anymore, as I said, no one is above suspicion (except Griffey).
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=16719:date=Feb 8 2009, 10:05 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Feb 8 2009, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I agree. I've actually had internal struggles over watching football simply because it's so unhealthy in general for the players. Everyone playing the game is reducing the amount of years they'll have a high quality of life. They're basically trading it off to entertain me, and again that makes me feel like shit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think the paycheck plays a bigger role than the entretainment.
I find it nearly impossible to believe that no one in the NFL juices. But then again, those that do are given a slap on the wrist. Kind of funny that in baseball, being caught for steroids forever taints your accomplishments and is an indictment toward the entire league. In the NFL, it's basically shrugged at.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=16729:date=Feb 8 2009, 11:56 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Feb 8 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I find it nearly impossible to believe that no one in the NFL juices. But then again, those that do are given a slap on the wrist. Kind of funny that in baseball, being caught for steroids forever taints your accomplishments and is an indictment toward the entire league. In the NFL, it's basically shrugged at.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yep, nobody gives a shit that Shawne Merriman juiced.
@TheBlogfines