Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-Dog a Dodger
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Dodgers and Orlando Hudson have reportedly come to terms on a deal.
It sounds like the late interest in Orlando Cabrera was just the Dodgers' way of pushing Hudson to sign on the dotted line. The Diamondbacks have to be both pleased and disappointed. Having him sign with the Dodgers was their best-case scenario as far as compensation, as they'll now get the 17th pick in this year's draft. However, it does make the competition in the NL West a little tougher. With Hudson in town, the Dodgers will probably send Blake DeWitt to Triple-A for more seasoning. They already have Mark Loretta locked into a utility role. Feb. 20 - 2:55 pm et<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Nice pickup. A Furcal-ODog middle infield should be a big boost to a very young pitching staff.

Now if the dread-locked fucker would just sign.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush.gif[/img]
Well...that sucks.
Man, that's a damn good dp combo.
<!--quoteo(post=19388:date=Feb 20 2009, 03:10 PM:name=Dirk)-->QUOTE (Dirk @ Feb 20 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Man, that's a damn good dp combo.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Pfft. They got nothin' on Theriot to Fontenot/Miles.
The more I hear and see those two names together (Fontenot/Miles) the more I get sick. I know, I know, everyone wants be done with DeRosa talk. I just don't like either one of these guys in the lineup everyday, and it worries the hell out of me. I SO hope im wrong.
<!--quoteo(post=19379:date=Feb 20 2009, 02:28 PM:name=Gad)-->QUOTE (Gad @ Feb 20 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Nice pickup. A Furcal-ODog middle infield should be a big boost to a very young pitching staff.

Now if the dread-locked fucker would just sign.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is it possible that the Dodgers pull any offer off the table and give him a lower one? Manny is kind of fucked right now, no one but the Dodgers is willing to pay for him.
<!--quoteo(post=19438:date=Feb 20 2009, 06:54 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Feb 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=19379:date=Feb 20 2009, 02:28 PM:name=Gad)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gad @ Feb 20 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Nice pickup. A Furcal-ODog middle infield should be a big boost to a very young pitching staff.

Now if the dread-locked fucker would just sign.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is it possible that the Dodgers pull any offer off the table and give him a lower one? Manny is kind of fucked right now, no one but the Dodgers is willing to pay for him.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I bet if it lowered in the 18-20 million range somebody like the Giants would hop in and at least show some interest. You could definitely be right though for sure. It's a tough situation for them and nobody really knows.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=19445:date=Feb 20 2009, 07:46 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 20 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=19438:date=Feb 20 2009, 06:54 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Feb 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=19379:date=Feb 20 2009, 02:28 PM:name=Gad)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gad @ Feb 20 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Nice pickup. A Furcal-ODog middle infield should be a big boost to a very young pitching staff.

I bet if it lowered in the 18-20 million range somebody like the Giants would hop in and at least show some interest. You could definitely be right though for sure. It's a tough situation for them and nobody really knows.

Coletti said today when discussing the Hudson deal that the 1/25 offer is still on the table. I don't think the Dodgers have an issue with the yearly value, they just aren't gonna go past 2 years.
<!--quoteo(post=19398:date=Feb 20 2009, 05:22 PM:name=Tailgater)-->QUOTE (Tailgater @ Feb 20 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The more I hear and see those two names together (Fontenot/Miles) the more I get sick. I know, I know, everyone wants be done with DeRosa talk. I just don't like either one of these guys in the lineup everyday, and it worries the hell out of me. I SO hope im wrong.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->Dunno what kind of stock you put in the stat "experts," but Ron Shandler and the <i>Baseball HQ</i> gang basically expect Fontenot to outperform DeRosa this year at the plate.

In the sack, I think HQ has 'em both being outperformed by Gookie Dawkins. That man's insatiable!
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

I prefer Dodger Dogs.
<!--quoteo(post=19514:date=Feb 21 2009, 12:35 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Feb 21 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=19398:date=Feb 20 2009, 05:22 PM:name=Tailgater)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tailgater @ Feb 20 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The more I hear and see those two names together (Fontenot/Miles) the more I get sick. I know, I know, everyone wants be done with DeRosa talk. I just don't like either one of these guys in the lineup everyday, and it worries the hell out of me. I SO hope im wrong.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->Dunno what kind of stock you put in the stat "experts," but Ron Shandler and the <i>Baseball HQ</i> gang basically expect Fontenot to outperform DeRosa this year at the plate.

In the sack, I think HQ has 'em both being outperformed by Gookie Dawkins. That man's insatiable!

Ron Shandler and his gang also ranked Joba Chamberlain as the best fantasy SP in the league. If you follow Shandler, do you also play in any high stakes Fantasy baseball leagues? i play in the NFBC every year.
<!--quoteo(post=19514:date=Feb 21 2009, 10:35 AM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Feb 21 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=19398:date=Feb 20 2009, 05:22 PM:name=Tailgater)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tailgater @ Feb 20 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The more I hear and see those two names together (Fontenot/Miles) the more I get sick. I know, I know, everyone wants be done with DeRosa talk. I just don't like either one of these guys in the lineup everyday, and it worries the hell out of me. I SO hope im wrong.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->Dunno what kind of stock you put in the stat "experts," but Ron Shandler and the <i>Baseball HQ</i> gang basically expect Fontenot to outperform DeRosa this year at the plate.

I bet Fontenot has some better numbers, including OPS. I bet their homer numbers are pretty much identical too, per at bat anyway. DeRo will probably get at least 100 more ab's.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=19542:date=Feb 21 2009, 03:37 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 21 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I prefer Dodger Dogs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"Dodger Dogs" once cost me $10,000 on a game show called "Trivia Trap."
If I recall, it was a multiple choice question, something like "What place sells more hot dogs than any place in the world?"

The correct answer was O'Hare Airport.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=19577:date=Feb 21 2009, 09:54 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 21 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=19542:date=Feb 21 2009, 03:37 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Feb 21 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I prefer Dodger Dogs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"Dodger Dogs" once cost me $10,000 on a game show called "Trivia Trap."
If I recall, it was a multiple choice question, something like "What place sells more hot dogs than any place in the world?"

The correct answer was O'Hare Airport.
How many game shows have you been on?
@TheBlogfines