Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soto
I'd still much rather have Hill than Bako. They're defensively about the same, but Hill has the potential to hit slightly better and with more power.
<!--quoteo(post=28585:date=Apr 8 2009, 10:20 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 8 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd still much rather have Hill than Bako. They're defensively about the same, but Hill has the potential to hit slightly better and with more power.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hill has the potential it hit better, with more power? Not according to anything he's ever done in his entire career.
<!--quoteo(post=28587:date=Apr 8 2009, 10:21 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 8 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28585:date=Apr 8 2009, 10:20 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 8 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd still much rather have Hill than Bako. They're defensively about the same, but Hill has the potential to hit slightly better and with more power.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hill has the potential it hit better, with more power? Not according to anything he's ever done in his entire career.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
From his most recent minor league season and what he did in ST. I know its all probably meaningless, but we already knew that Bako was Bako. And they're still about the same defensively, so I'll take the switch-hitter any day, especially if he has to play for an extended period.
<!--quoteo(post=28587:date=Apr 8 2009, 10:21 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 8 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28585:date=Apr 8 2009, 10:20 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 8 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd still much rather have Hill than Bako. They're defensively about the same, but Hill has the potential to hit slightly better and with more power.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

considering Bako can't hit and has no power, I think any backup C candidate would fit rok's description..... incidentally, that makes you [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ruby.gif[/img]
I'm indifferent on the Koyie-Bako decision, but I still don't expect Koyie to hit over .220. Maybe he's gotten better as his last AAA season and this spring might indicate, but I'll believe it when I start seeing some things from him at the MLB level.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=28670:date=Apr 8 2009, 02:44 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 8 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm indifferent on the Koyie-Bako decision, but I still don't expect Koyie to hit over .220. Maybe he's gotten better as his last AAA season and this spring might indicate, but I'll believe it when I start seeing some things from him at the MLB level.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No doubt, but I just don't think it gets much worse than Bako at the plate. Since they're pretty much a wash defensively, I'll go with a switch-hitter every time. If we're talking a few games a month, then it doesn't matter, but if we're talking an extended amount of PT, I'll give Hill the slight edge.
<!--quoteo(post=28658:date=Apr 8 2009, 02:22 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Apr 8 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28587:date=Apr 8 2009, 10:21 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 8 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28585:date=Apr 8 2009, 10:20 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 8 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd still much rather have Hill than Bako. They're defensively about the same, but Hill has the potential to hit slightly better and with more power.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

considering Bako can't hit and has no power, I think any backup C candidate would fit rok's description..... incidentally, that makes you [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ruby.gif[/img]
Go look at their career numbers, I'm not wrong, not even close.
Soto says he woke up feeling a lot better, but Lou said they're sending him to Chicago to visit with a doctor tomorrow. They still think it's just a few days, but we'll see about that.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=28706:date=Apr 8 2009, 07:38 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 8 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soto says he woke up feeling a lot better, but Lou said they're sending him to Chicago to visit with a doctor tomorrow. They still think it's just a few days, but we'll see about that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In this division, I have no problem with him taking a few weeks off. It's scary that I'm thinking that way.
i blame this shit on the WBC.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=29020:date=Apr 9 2009, 07:00 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2009, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i blame this shit on the WBC.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/stupid.gif[/img]
Anyone know who the emergency catcher would be?
<!--quoteo(post=29100:date=Apr 9 2009, 01:18 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 9 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone know who the emergency catcher would be?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aaron Miles is the emergency catcher
I don't know if I'd want him, but is LoDuca still out there? He must be getting desperate for an offer.
He sucked last year, and at 36-37, he might be too old to be an effective catcher. And he's right-handed. And a former steroid user.
Never mind.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=29103:date=Apr 9 2009, 01:22 PM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Apr 9 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29100:date=Apr 9 2009, 01:18 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 9 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone know who the emergency catcher would be?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aaron Miles is the emergency catcher

Not that it really matters but on XM yesterday they said that Lou said the emergency catcher is Theriot.