Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soto
Is anyone worried that this shoulder issue could be serious?
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Yes.
Yes.
I think we collectively underestimate just how important that guy was to our 97-win season last year, but watching yesterday's game reminded me of just how good that guy is. He's got an all-around game, at the most important position. Losing him for an extended period would be like the '06 DLee injury, in my book.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Nah, we've got Koyie Hill.
<!--quoteo(post=28523:date=Apr 7 2009, 10:13 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 7 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yes.
I think we collectively underestimate just how important that guy was to our 97-win season last year, but watching yesterday's game reminded me of just how good that guy is. He's got an all-around game, at the most important position. Losing him for an extended period would be like the '06 DLee injury, in my book.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah to me that's the one we can't afford to lose for an extended period of time, and you can replace other positions via trade. You're not going to find any both good defensive catchers and good hitters out there on the trade market in April.
@TheBlogfines
We can always beg the Bako to come back.
<!--quoteo(post=28526:date=Apr 7 2009, 10:21 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 7 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We can always beg the Bako to come back.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I was just wondering that actually. "Hey Paul, we know we just cut you for that 30-year-old career minor leaguer, but interested in catching a few games again for us?"

I'd doubt they'd have Theriot batting 7th or 8th if Soto's out, they'd probably swap him with Fuk. This was the sort of thing that could really prevent us from winning the division and I'll be back to freaking out again.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=28527:date=Apr 7 2009, 11:28 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 7 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=28526:date=Apr 7 2009, 10:21 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 7 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We can always beg the Bako to come back.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I was just wondering that actually. "Hey Paul, we know we just cut you for that 30-year-old career minor leaguer, but interested in catching a few games again for us?"

I'd doubt they'd have Theriot batting 7th or 8th if Soto's out, they'd probably swap him with Fuk. This was the sort of thing that could really prevent us from winning the division and I'll be back to freaking out again.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How far along is Wellington Castillo?
You guys crack me up. I'm going to wait until we get more info tomorrow, or until he has an MRI or something before I start freaking out.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The current guess is Geovany Soto will miss two or three days after leaving Tuesday's game with right shoulder soreness.
Manager Lou Piniella said Soto may be sidelined until the weekend series in Milwaukee, but that the team would know more on Wednesday. Koyie Hill will catch Ted Lilly tomorrow.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->“I overexposed my shoulder on a throw,” Soto said. “After that I just felt bad. It’s the same thing that happened earlier in the spring. But if I just stay on top of my exercises I’ll be all right in a couple of days.”<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=28539:date=Apr 8 2009, 01:06 AM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Apr 8 2009, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->“I overexposed my shoulder on a throw,” Soto said. “After that I just felt bad. It’s the same thing that happened earlier in the spring. But if I just stay on top of my exercises I’ll be all right in a couple of days.”<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Good.
@TheBlogfines
There's currently 5 open spots on the 40 man, we could add Castillo, beg Bako to come back, sign LoDuca, etc. if Soto looked to be out for awhile (which it sounds like he won't). BTW, I hate having Hill as the backup catcher.
<!--quoteo(post=28559:date=Apr 8 2009, 06:53 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 8 2009, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There's currently 5 open spots on the 40 man, we could add Castillo, beg Bako to come back, sign LoDuca, etc. if Soto looked to be out for awhile (which it sounds like he won't). BTW, I hate having Hill as the backup catcher.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hill made a hell of a nice play on that stolen base attempt last night. I'm not sold on him as an everyday catcher if Soto goes down, but we could do worse.
I don't have a problem with Hill as the backup catcher.