Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Opener
What's the chances of getting this in? How's it looking in Chicago?
I got nothin'.

Andy
On NSBB they said Hendry was on the radio and said if they can find a window any time today they are going to try. It looks rainy tomorrow too and they don't want to have a double header on Wednesday if possible.
WGN radio is saying that the rain should taper off to showers in the afternoon and could help get the game in. I am on vacation all week so I hope they get it in.
Looks pretty bad right now.
I don't think this game is going to be played today.
This is the lineup if we play

Soriano LF
Theriot SS
Fukudome CF
Lee 1B
Fontenot 3B
Johnson CF
Miles 2B
Hill C
Lilly P

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img] Maybe we should hope for a rain out
<!--quoteo(post=29846:date=Apr 13 2009, 12:26 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 13 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is the lineup if we play

Soriano LF
Theriot SS
Fukudome CF
Lee 1B
Fontenot 3B
Johnson CF
Miles 2B
Hill C
Lilly P

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img] Maybe we should hope for a rain out<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Umm....wow? I take it that is just because of the weather?
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The tarp is still on the field at 12:10 p.m., but the Cubs are determined to get this game in, knowing that tomorrow's forecast is just as bleak.

The bunting is out, the Hawk wind is blowing in from right, the bleachers are about half full and the players are out on the field playing catch in the light rain.

In other words, it's a typical Opening Day onm the North Side.
<b>
As for the Opening Day lineup, Aramis Ramirez is out for today with a stiff back and Milton Bradley was already out with a groin strain, so manager Lou Piniella put together an interesting alternative lineup</b>:<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bradley and Soto both expected back in the lineup Wednesday they said.
<!--quoteo(post=29846:date=Apr 13 2009, 12:26 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 13 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is the lineup if we play

Soriano LF
Theriot SS
Fukudome CF
Lee 1B
Fontenot 3B
Johnson CF
Miles 2B
Hill C
Lilly P

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img] Maybe we should hope for a rain out<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yikes. That's the kind of lineup that I had nightmares about when we signed Bradley and traded DeRosa.
its raining steadily here in grayslake.
Wang.
It seems like we always have a high chance of rain at the home opener.
<!--quoteo(post=29860:date=Apr 13 2009, 12:45 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 13 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It seems like we always have a high chance of rain at the home opener.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

april in the midwest. theres a high chance of rain everyday.
Wang.
The radar looks like the rain should move out shortly and there should be a few hours of fairly dry conditions to get this thing in. They're saying on TV the game should start by 2:00.
<!--quoteo(post=29864:date=Apr 13 2009, 12:49 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 13 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The radar looks like the rain should move out shortly and there should be a few hours of fairly dry conditions to get this thing in. They're saying on TV the game should start by 2:00.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

cool, i forgot to dvr it, so if it starts by 2:00, i should only miss the first 3 or 4 innings.
Wang.