Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradley Suspended for 2 Games
http://www.bleachernation.com/2009/04/18/m...-for-two-games/
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Bullshit.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
You've gotta be shitting me.
He is not in the lineup again today, so I'm not sure why he would appeal other than just being pissed about it.

It is pretty ridiculous, but considering his history, not surprising.
Lou said he left the appeal decision up to Bradley. Bradley is adamant about appealing, but declined other comments about it.

He is not in the lineup again, might be tomorrow. He is available to pinch hit today.
This is the most baseless suspension I've ever seen handed down. I know he has a reputation, but give me a fucking break.
We better hear about the fuckstick umpire being disciplined for not knowing the strike zone.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
He needs to go ahead and serve it today and tomorrow.
An outsider's viewpoint:

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Jason (Iowa): Jayson, what is your take on the Milton Bradley incident yesterday. Looked to me like there were a couple questionable calls in a pivatol point in the game.

Jayson Stark: I know there's talk that Milton Bradley could be suspended, <b>but I don't see what he did that would merit a suspension. </b>Strike one in that at-bat was borderline. Strike three was a flat-out missed call. And I think both the umpires and Bob Watson need to take into account the competitive emotions that build up in competitive players in big spots in a game. I know Milton has a reputation, but that should be no factor in the decision on whether to discipline him or not.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Reduced to 1 game, has to serve it tomorrow. Hendry doesn't agree with it. "I don't know how you wouldn't have been upset. I don't know a person on our ballclub that wouldn't have been chapped at the situation..." Saying how there was no contact, etc.. Sounds pretty pissed and really defending Milton.
@TheBlogfines
Milton: "Figures. I never get treated fairly, this is what I expected." [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
@TheBlogfines
I'm fairly pissed that the verdict was supposedly decided yesterday but not announced. With Lou already resting him today he could have served it today.
<!--quoteo(post=38004:date=May 14 2009, 04:41 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 14 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Milton: "Figures. I never get treated fairly, this is what I expected." [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] I love Uncle Milty. Not that he's wrong, but you sleep in the bed you make.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

The more I see it, the more I really can't believe he got a suspension.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=38005:date=May 14 2009, 03:50 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ May 14 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm fairly pissed that the verdict was supposedly decided yesterday but not announced. With Lou already resting him today he could have served it today.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yup, that's pretty lame.