Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats, curse's and Bartman.....
so last night we all saw the cat running across the field and i'm sure most of you reacted like i did: "great, now we're gonna hear about the cat again." for a second i thought we were gonna escape it, but then kasper had to bring it up. moments later we got the whole bartman thing agin.

when does this end? are there any cub fans out there that still believe in the curse? can't our own broadcaster's leave it alone? the fucking cat wasn't even black. the ball in the stands wasn't catchable. did anyone watch sportscenter last night? did they mention it too? i bet they did.
Wang.
Oh yeah. It was highlighted big time. Both things.

The ball was catchable, btw. The cat thing pisses me off because you know that cat was ultimately mistreated.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=32219:date=Apr 22 2009, 08:15 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 22 2009, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Oh yeah. It was highlighted big time. Both things.

The ball was catchable, btw. The cat thing pisses me off because you know that cat was ultimately mistreated.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How do you know that?
that dude picked it up by the tail.
Wang.
I doubt it was anything malicious. Just imagine that kid on the field of the Cubs game. He tries to pick it up and put it in the stands and it scratches the shit out of him. He's got 30,000 staring (and probably laughing) at him and the game is being held up all because of this cat. I think he was afraid of getting scratched again and did the first thing that popped into his head to avoid it and get the game going again.
<!--quoteo(post=32226:date=Apr 22 2009, 07:29 AM:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ Apr 22 2009, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I doubt it was anything malicious. Just imagine that kid on the field of the Cubs game. He tries to pick it up and put it in the stands and it scratches the shit out of him. He's got 30,000 staring (and probably laughing) at him and the game is being held up all because of this cat. I think he was afraid of getting scratched again and did the first thing that popped into his head to avoid it and get the game going again.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

oh, i totally agree. if that cat scatches the shit out of me, i'm picking it up by the tail and whirling it helicopter style over my head. then i'm winging it into the upper deck. fuck that dumbass cat.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=32229:date=Apr 22 2009, 07:33 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 22 2009, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32226:date=Apr 22 2009, 07:29 AM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Apr 22 2009, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I doubt it was anything malicious. Just imagine that kid on the field of the Cubs game. He tries to pick it up and put it in the stands and it scratches the shit out of him. He's got 30,000 staring (and probably laughing) at him and the game is being held up all because of this cat. I think he was afraid of getting scratched again and did the first thing that popped into his head to avoid it and get the game going again.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

oh, i totally agree. if that cat scatches the shit out of me, i'm picking it up by the tail and whirling it helicopter style over my head. then i'm winging it into the upper deck. fuck that dumbass cat.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
I thought it was funny. Of course they mentioned it- what are the odds that there is a cat on the field and a ball hit right to the bartman spot within 5 minutes of each other? Curses or not, that stuff is still a part of Cubs history and when things like last night happen of course they'll get discussed.
C'mon tom, tell me you didn't go "Oh shit, what's next?" after the ball was hit right to the Bartman spot. Cause that's exactly what I did. I don't think there's an actual curse, but that stuff was defintiely worth mentioning on TV and in the highlights, it's part of Cubdom.

Oh, and Ace, fuck that cat, who gives a shit what happened to that stray cat? I hope they took the thing to the pound and gave it the gas.
<!--quoteo(post=32229:date=Apr 22 2009, 07:33 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 22 2009, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32226:date=Apr 22 2009, 07:29 AM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Apr 22 2009, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I doubt it was anything malicious. Just imagine that kid on the field of the Cubs game. He tries to pick it up and put it in the stands and it scratches the shit out of him. He's got 30,000 staring (and probably laughing) at him and the game is being held up all because of this cat. I think he was afraid of getting scratched again and did the first thing that popped into his head to avoid it and get the game going again.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] baahahahahaaaaaa

But yeah, we won the game. Cats have no mysterious power over the fate of the Cubs.
<!--quoteo(post=32268:date=Apr 22 2009, 11:41 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 22 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->C'mon tom, tell me you didn't go "Oh shit, what's next?" after the ball was hit right to the Bartman spot. Cause that's exactly what I did. I don't think there's an actual curse, but that stuff was defintiely worth mentioning on TV and in the highlights, it's part of Cubdom.

Oh, and Ace, fuck that cat, who gives a shit what happened to that stray cat? I hope they took the thing to the pound and gave it the gas.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

no, i thought, "fuck, here we go again."
Wang.
Wow, so much cat hate around here. Fuck that kid for being a dumbass and not knowing how to deal with a small cat.
<!--quoteo(post=32293:date=Apr 22 2009, 01:39 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 22 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wow, so much cat hate around here. Fuck that kid for being a dumbass and not knowing how to deal with a small cat.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No shit, he shoulda punted the thing, that's what a smart guy would do. Cats are fine, stray cats are probably the suckiest of suck.
<!--quoteo(post=32294:date=Apr 22 2009, 02:42 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 22 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32293:date=Apr 22 2009, 01:39 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 22 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wow, so much cat hate around here. Fuck that kid for being a dumbass and not knowing how to deal with a small cat.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No shit, he shoulda punted the thing, that's what a smart guy would do. Cats are fine, stray cats are probably the suckiest of suck.

That's pretty fucked up, man.

People deserve the crap we heap on them - for the most part, they have a choice.

That cat did nothing wrong, had no choice. That's fucked up.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Cats are incredibly bad for the environment.

There are far too many cats in pretty much every city in the world. Those cats kill tons birds and rodents -- which disrupts the food chain. I guess, really, it's humans who are to blame for having so many cats and not "fixing" them. But yeah...too many cats.