Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well that's it for Hoff in RF it appears
Lou just said he's gonna be putting Reed in CF and Fuk in RF while Bradley's out, going for better defense instead of the offense. Hoff did look pretty damn awful in RF today, making an error and taking bad routes on two other plays. I wouldn't completely give up on him out there though... but Lou sounded a bit pissed.
@TheBlogfines
Good.
Hoff would be better suited in a semi-platoon with DLee.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=32673:date=Apr 23 2009, 04:13 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 23 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lou just said he's gonna be putting Reed in CF and Fuk in RF while Bradley's out, <b>going for better defense instead of the offense.</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Perhaps that's not a bad idea: "The Cubs are 8-0 when playing errorless baseball, 0-6 when making at least one error in a game."
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I'm tempted to say trade him. I like him, but this team doesn't have much use for a guy that can only play 1B off the bench.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Hoff looked fine in right until today. Maybe it was luck before, and he was awful today, but Lou seems very reactionary lately, the cubs do in general. Bradley is now gonna hit 6th, there goes the lefty/righty thing they had their balls brimming with juice for all off season. Samardzija has a good week and half in the minors so he's suddenly back up and Vizcaino's out despite not giving up a run. Gregg hasn't actually pitched in a save situation despite being the closer in 2 weeks.

I'm not saying all these moves/decisions are wrong, but Lou needs to let this son-bitch breathe a little bit.
I like the semi-platoon idea with Lee.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=32686:date=Apr 23 2009, 04:46 PM:name=MrSheps)-->QUOTE (MrSheps @ Apr 23 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hoff looked fine in right until today. Maybe it was luck before, and he was awful today, but Lou seems very reactionary lately, the cubs do in general. Bradley is now gonna hit 6th, there goes the lefty/righty thing they had their balls brimming with juice for all off season. Samardzija has a good week and half in the minors so he's suddenly back up and Vizcaino's out despite not giving up a run. Gregg hasn't actually pitched in a save situation despite being the closer in 2 weeks.

I'm not saying all these moves/decisions are wrong, but Lou needs to let this son-bitch breathe a little bit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah. I pretty much agree with all of this.
<!--quoteo(post=32688:date=Apr 23 2009, 04:52 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 23 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32686:date=Apr 23 2009, 04:46 PM:name=MrSheps)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrSheps @ Apr 23 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hoff looked fine in right until today. Maybe it was luck before, and he was awful today, but Lou seems very reactionary lately, the cubs do in general. Bradley is now gonna hit 6th, there goes the lefty/righty thing they had their balls brimming with juice for all off season. Samardzija has a good week and half in the minors so he's suddenly back up and Vizcaino's out despite not giving up a run. Gregg hasn't actually pitched in a save situation despite being the closer in 2 weeks.

I'm not saying all these moves/decisions are wrong,
but <b>Lou needs to let this son-bitch breathe</b> a little bit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Beat me to it. Agree 100%.
<!--quoteo(post=32703:date=Apr 23 2009, 05:44 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 23 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32688:date=Apr 23 2009, 04:52 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 23 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32686:date=Apr 23 2009, 04:46 PM:name=MrSheps)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrSheps @ Apr 23 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hoff looked fine in right until today. Maybe it was luck before, and he was awful today, but Lou seems very reactionary lately, the cubs do in general. Bradley is now gonna hit 6th, there goes the lefty/righty thing they had their balls brimming with juice for all off season. Samardzija has a good week and half in the minors so he's suddenly back up and Vizcaino's out despite not giving up a run. Gregg hasn't actually pitched in a save situation despite being the closer in 2 weeks.

but <b>Lou needs to let this son-bitch breathe</b> a little bit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Same here.
<!--quoteo(post=32786:date=Apr 23 2009, 11:08 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 23 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32703:date=Apr 23 2009, 05:44 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 23 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32688:date=Apr 23 2009, 04:52 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 23 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32686:date=Apr 23 2009, 04:46 PM:name=MrSheps)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrSheps @ Apr 23 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hoff looked fine in right until today. Maybe it was luck before, and he was awful today, but Lou seems very reactionary lately, the cubs do in general. Bradley is now gonna hit 6th, there goes the lefty/righty thing they had their <b>balls brimming with juice</b> for all off season. Samardzija has a good week and half in the minors so he's suddenly back up and Vizcaino's out despite not giving up a run. Gregg hasn't actually pitched in a save situation despite being the closer in 2 weeks.

but Lou needs to let this son-bitch breathe a little bit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Same here.

totally.
Wang.
Just so I'm clear, Butch and Rok are saying Pinella shouldn't overreact to a few bad things? Butch and Rok? Really?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=32820:date=Apr 24 2009, 08:43 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Apr 24 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just so I'm clear, Butch and Rok are saying Pinella shouldn't overreact to a few bad things? Butch and Rok? Really?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's why Lou's the manager and not me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
I just want Lou to make wise decisions and stick with them. He's being blown around like a windsock right now.
<!--quoteo(post=32834:date=Apr 24 2009, 10:34 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 24 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just want Lou to make wise decisions and stick with them. He's being blown around like a windsock right now.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ding. 100 awesome points for Butch.