Ibanez vs. Bradley (so far)
Ibanez:
.355/.419/.724
Leads the AL in homers -- 7 and SLG -- .724

Bradley:
.107.324/.214
I wish we signed Ibanez

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=34184:date=Apr 30 2009, 10:37 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 30 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wish we signed Ibanez

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Me too.
me 3.
Wang.
He is actually tied for the NL lead in HR's with Pujols.
How has "Internet Edit" fared thus far?

This post was edited by Jody 4-29-09
<!--quoteo(post=34192:date=Apr 30 2009, 10:48 AM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 30 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How has "Internet Edit" fared thus far?

This post was edited by Jody 4-29-09<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

what the fuck?
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=34212:date=Apr 30 2009, 12:41 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 30 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34192:date=Apr 30 2009, 10:48 AM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 30 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How has "Internet Edit" fared thus far?

what the fuck?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Brock wrote How has Adam Dunn fared thus far.

Jody edited it.
I'm glad we didn't sign Ibanez. He got $30 million, and he's 37 years old. He's off to a hot start, and he's feasting at that tiny ballpark the Phils play in, but I don't think it was a smart signing; the Phils had to give up a #1 draft pick to sign a lefty twin of Burrell when they needed to get more <i>right-handed</i>.

Not even Butch thinks Bradley's gonna hit .107 all year. My only worry with him is my perpetual Bradley worry...can the fucker stay in one piece?
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
One thing I wonder is did the Cubs have any idea that Abreu could be signed for so little? Seriously, one year at 5 million is a steal for the numbers he is going to put up. His defense would have been no worse than Bradley's and he plays 150+ games a year.
<!--quoteo(post=34231:date=Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->One thing I wonder is did the Cubs have any idea that Abreu could be signed for so little? Seriously, one year at 5 million is a steal for the numbers he is going to put up. His defense would have been no worse than Bradley's and he plays 150+ games a year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Good question. I honestly think Lou/Jim thought about <i>personality</i>. There is a contention that the Cubs lacked "fire," and Abreu (and his younger, better counterpart Dunn) have reps for being too mellow.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=34212:date=Apr 30 2009, 12:41 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 30 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34192:date=Apr 30 2009, 10:48 AM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 30 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How has "Internet Edit" fared thus far?

what the fuck?

Yeah, it said Adam Dunn. I was just joking around. If anyone is seriuosly offended I will put it back.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=34241:date=Apr 30 2009, 01:17 PM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Apr 30 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34212:date=Apr 30 2009, 12:41 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 30 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34192:date=Apr 30 2009, 10:48 AM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 30 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How has "Internet Edit" fared thus far?

what the fuck?

Yeah, it said Adam Dunn. I was just joking around. If anyone is seriuosly offended I will put it back.

I'm more offended by your spelling of seriously. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Dammit!! D-Man strikes again!!
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=34231:date=Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->One thing I wonder is did the Cubs have any idea that Abreu could be signed for so little? Seriously, one year at 5 million is a steal for the numbers he is going to put up. His defense would have been no worse than Bradley's and he plays 150+ games a year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Abreu wasn't signed until Dunn, Bradley and Ibanez were all gone -- which you'd think would up his value. However, the timing was such that all the owners decided not to spend any many anymore because of the economy. So...I'm sure Abreu was pretty sure he was going to get more -- a lot more.