Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule without Aramis
I'm not ready to write off the season (at all) but that injury report was about as bleak as I could have imagined. And as Butch said, Aramis is by far our best hitter.

However, the Yankees ran into this same problem this year (best hitter, a 3rd baseman, out with an injury) and they're still in the race

I'm wondering if we should just accept that we can't replace aram's bat, and go the opposite way, and get a sparkling fielder. Did Koskie retire? Would the M's trade Beltre?
How about tom's favorite human, Joe Crede?

Kinda grabbing at straws here.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=36824:date=May 9 2009, 06:12 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 9 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36817:date=May 9 2009, 04:07 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 9 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Adrian Beltre:.207/.242/.276 career: 105 OPS+ signed through 09
Melvin Mora: .245/.302/.367 career: 110 OPS+ signed through 09 plus club option for 10
Ty Wigginton: .208/.240/.260 career: 103 OPS+ signed through 10 at $3.5 mil
Aubrey Huff: .274/.344/.451 career: 116 OPS+ signed through 09
Garrett Atkins: .224/.287/.367 career: 106 OPS+ signed through 09
Mark Loretta: .375/.483/.417 career: 100 OPS+ signed through 09
Jorge Cantu: .312/.385/.656 career: 105 OPS+ signed through 09
Mark DeRosa:.250/.311/.458 career: 97 OPS+ signed through 09
Hank Blalock:.245/.275/.520 career: 104 OPS+ signed through 09<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd be interested in buying low on Atkins for an arm. That's all they want for him really.
Totally agree.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=36821:date=May 9 2009, 05:09 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 9 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also Ray Durham is still out there for free and we could use Freel, Fontenot at 3B and Durham at 2B.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Even Grudzielanek is available.
Personally, I'd like to see a guy that can play both SS and 3B, so we could actually have a true SS on the roster. I'm guessing there aren't too many of them that are both halfway decent and available though.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cubs placed third baseman Aramis Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list with a dislocated left shoulder on Saturday.

Taking his spot on the 25-man roster will be utility man Ryan Freel, who was acquired from the Orioles on Friday and is available for the Cubs' Saturday game against the Brewers at Miller Park.

Ramirez injured his shoulder in the third inning of Friday night's game in Milwaukee when he dove to field a Ryan Braun grounder. The 30-year-old was batting .364 (24-for-66) with four home runs and 16 RBIs in 18 games for Chicago.

Freel, who will wear No. 4, is a career .271 hitter that was acquired along with cash considerations from the Orioles and in exchange for outfielder Joey Gathright.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Freel scratched from lineup, replaced by scales. No word yet on why.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Lee is also unavailable for the rest of this series. MRI on Monday.
<!--quoteo(post=36834:date=May 9 2009, 05:41 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ May 9 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lee is also unavailable for the rest of this series. MRI on Monday.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Len just said he was available off the bench.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Yeah I heard that, Chicago tribune said he was out today and tomorrow, MRI on Monday, guess they lied.
This is gonna make everything so much more of a challenge and worth getting into it. I love it. Let's get this shit on and see what this team is made of. I'm pumped.
@TheBlogfines
Milton's having a nice couple of games and seems to have that swagger again at the plate. I think we got that bitch we've been looking for finally.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=36975:date=May 9 2009, 09:42 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 9 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Milton's having a nice couple of games and seems to have that swagger again at the plate. I think we got that bitch we've been looking for finally.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It would really be nice if he and Soto got hot and carried the team for a few weeks.

Also, Lou needs to pull his head out of his ass. He's been leaving our starters in too long the past few days, Wells aside.
<!--quoteo(post=36981:date=May 9 2009, 08:50 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ May 9 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36975:date=May 9 2009, 09:42 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 9 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Milton's having a nice couple of games and seems to have that swagger again at the plate. I think we got that bitch we've been looking for finally.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It would really be nice if he and Soto got hot and carried the team for a few weeks.

Also, Lou needs to pull his head out of his ass. He's been leaving our starters in too long the past few days, Wells aside.
Agreed
@TheBlogfines
If the Mariners would pick up the vast majority of Beltre's contract, I could see sending a very good prospect their way. I am sure he would hit again if returned to the National league playing in Wrigley every day.

Who would have thought that Koskie getting hurt in spring training would be such a big deal.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
We've had just about every player injured or playing under their capabilities. Even with that, prior to the Brewers series, we would have been the wildcard team.
I got nothin'.

Andy