Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule without Aramis
2 @ Milwaukee (Dempster-Gallardo & Marshall-Suppan)

3 vs. San Diego (Harden-Peavy, Lilly-Young, Wells-Gaudin)

3 vs. Houston (Dempster-Moehler, Marshall-Oswalt, Harden-Hampton)

3 @ St. Louis

3 @ San Diego

3 vs. Pittsburgh

4 vs. Los Angeles

3 at Atlanta

3 at Cincinnati

3 at Houston

3 vs. Minnesota

3 vs. White Sox

3 vs. Cleveland

And I'll just stop there, with the Cleveland series ending June 21st.

Pretty favorable schedule on paper, although we run into some crappy pitching matchups to start off. Still, no matter who is pitching, we should be beating teams like San Diego and Houston(which we have been).

Really need Milton and Soto to start swinging the bat. I'm confident Milton will at least. Our lineup is still damn good if we can get guys hitting like they're capable of, and our starting pitching leads the majors in quality starts. More than anything, need a better effort out of the pen.

Anyway, I feel better than I did when I saw the Aramis injury last night. Looking at the big picture, we should still be okay(unless these injuries keep happening).
@TheBlogfines
MRI confirms Ramirez's dislocated shoulder

Third baseman will be out at least 6-8 weeks

May 9, 2009, 3:22 PM

By: Bruce Levine

According to sources close to Aramis Ramirez, the MRI he underwent today confirmed the initial diagnosis of a dislocation of the left shoulder. Ramirez will undergo further tests today, the results of which will be compared to the MRI he had after partially dislocating his shoulder in 2000 as a member of the Pittsburgh Pirates. The choices are few for the Cubs third baseman. If there is no new fracture found in the shoulder, he could go through an extensive rehab program and come back in 6-8 weeks. If the damage is more significant, the player will opt for surgery, which would require a 4-6 month recovery period.

Two sources confirm that even if Ramirez rehabs the shoulder and comes back this season, surgery to tighten the left shoulder capsule will almost certainly occur after the season.

The battery of tests that Ramirez will go through today includes a CT scan of the shoulder, which will give doctors better imaging of the shoulder than the original MRI.

Milwaukee Brewers doctors popper Ramirez's shoulder back into place Friday evening before Ramirez headed back to Chicago for an examination.

Link, I don't expect him back soon.
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]
Well shit.
@TheBlogfines
I feel sick, and the loss coming tonight won't help.
@TheBlogfines
Anyone know what thirdbaseman could be available at the deadline? I don't know who the upcoming free agents are.
I'm very close to writing off the rest of the season. We'll see where things stand by Memorial Day, but this has really killed any optimism I might've had.
<!--quoteo(post=36810:date=May 9 2009, 04:02 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ May 9 2009, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone know what thirdbaseman could be available at the deadline? I don't know who the upcoming free agents are.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't see them making another move there. If so, it won't be for awhile. They'll see how this group can do first, and I'm not sure there's anybody available that's going to win us any extra games.

If we're really in need of an extra bopper in the lineup, they can call up Fox. He's a better bat than anybody out there, just gotta deal with his error every few games.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=36810:date=May 9 2009, 05:02 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ May 9 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone know what thirdbaseman could be available at the deadline? I don't know who the upcoming free agents are.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
There's a list on NSBB, I'll go see if I can find it.
<!--quoteo(post=36812:date=May 9 2009, 04:04 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 9 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm very close to writing off the rest of the season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, that's ridiculous. Even if we lost him for the season we could win this division. Look how we've done with guys out left and right, plus a few All-Stars doing very little with the bat. Guys just have to step up, and history's said that they'll do much better than they have, even if they don't perform up to expectations.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Adrian Beltre:.207/.242/.276 career: 105 OPS+ signed through 09
Melvin Mora: .245/.302/.367 career: 110 OPS+ signed through 09 plus club option for 10
Ty Wigginton: .208/.240/.260 career: 103 OPS+ signed through 10 at $3.5 mil
Aubrey Huff: .274/.344/.451 career: 116 OPS+ signed through 09
Garrett Atkins: .224/.287/.367 career: 106 OPS+ signed through 09
Mark Loretta: .375/.483/.417 career: 100 OPS+ signed through 09
Jorge Cantu: .312/.385/.656 career: 105 OPS+ signed through 09
Mark DeRosa:.250/.311/.458 career: 97 OPS+ signed through 09
Hank Blalock:.245/.275/.520 career: 104 OPS+ signed through 09<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=36816:date=May 9 2009, 05:06 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 9 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36812:date=May 9 2009, 04:04 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 9 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm very close to writing off the rest of the season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, that's ridiculous. Even if we lost him for the season we could win this division. Look how we've done with guys out left and right, plus a few All-Stars doing very little with the bat. Guys just have to step up, and history's said that they'll do much better than they have, even if they don't perform up to expectations.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's our best hitter, by a pretty wide margin.

Lee, Bradley, and Soto (or at least two of the three) are going to have to step up in a really big way to even come close to making up for this loss. I worry about the psychological impact this is going to have, as well.

Who is going to play 3B now? Fontenot? 2B? Miles/Freel? And then who will play RF when Bradley hits the DL again? Hoffpauir? Oh, man...this is a nightmare.
Also Ray Durham is still out there for free and we could use Freel, Fontenot at 3B and Durham at 2B.
<!--sizeo:7--><!--/sizeo-->FUCK!<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
<!--quoteo(post=36819:date=May 9 2009, 05:08 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 9 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36816:date=May 9 2009, 05:06 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 9 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36812:date=May 9 2009, 04:04 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 9 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm very close to writing off the rest of the season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's our best hitter, by a pretty wide margin.

Lee, Bradley, and Soto (or at least two of the three) are going to have to step up in a really big way to even come close to making up for this loss. I worry about the psychological impact this is going to have, as well.

Who is going to play 3B now? Fontenot? 2B? Miles/Freel? And then who will play RF when Bradley hits the DL again? Hoffpauir? Oh, man...this is a nightmare.
It's bad news, no question. But even without Ramirez this team still has the most talent in the division.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=36817:date=May 9 2009, 04:07 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 9 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Adrian Beltre:.207/.242/.276 career: 105 OPS+ signed through 09
Melvin Mora: .245/.302/.367 career: 110 OPS+ signed through 09 plus club option for 10
Ty Wigginton: .208/.240/.260 career: 103 OPS+ signed through 10 at $3.5 mil
Aubrey Huff: .274/.344/.451 career: 116 OPS+ signed through 09
Garrett Atkins: .224/.287/.367 career: 106 OPS+ signed through 09
Mark Loretta: .375/.483/.417 career: 100 OPS+ signed through 09
Jorge Cantu: .312/.385/.656 career: 105 OPS+ signed through 09
Mark DeRosa:.250/.311/.458 career: 97 OPS+ signed through 09
Hank Blalock:.245/.275/.520 career: 104 OPS+ signed through 09<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd be interested in buying low on Atkins for an arm. That's all they want for him really.
@TheBlogfines