Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm beginning to understand the Sux & Cards angst
Sox fans weren't any different before 2005, there just weren't as many of them..
For the record, hPOD, you seem like a good guy. I wish more Sox fans were like you.
<!--quoteo(post=39464:date=May 22 2009, 02:07 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 22 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->For the record, hPOD, you seem like a good guy. I wish more Sox fans were like you.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/stoned.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=39464:date=May 22 2009, 02:07 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 22 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->For the record, hPOD, you seem like a good guy. I wish more Sox fans were like you.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Like anyone I can be a good guy at times -- but I have my dickbag moments, too. I just try to reserve them for something more important than never ending Cubs/Sox arguments. Besides, I have to keep my sanity somehow -- just look at my team this year -- imagine the sky is falling crap I have to deal with on a daily basis when people start talking about baseball.

At least you have a team that remembers how to play!
<!--quoteo(post=39466:date=May 22 2009, 02:34 PM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ May 22 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->At least you have a team that remembers how to play!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can see that you haven't been paying much attention to the Cubs the last few days.
<!--quoteo(post=39468:date=May 22 2009, 02:53 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 22 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39466:date=May 22 2009, 02:34 PM:name=hPOD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hPOD @ May 22 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->At least you have a team that remembers how to play!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can see that you haven't been paying much attention to the Cubs the last few days.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not just a sprint -- it's also a marathon.

I know that's contrary to what most say about it not being a sprint, but a marathon...but the way I see it, it's both.
<!--quoteo(post=39445:date=May 22 2009, 01:13 PM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ May 22 2009, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39162:date=May 21 2009, 02:04 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 21 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39156:date=May 21 2009, 01:55 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ May 21 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That's how it's been around here since 2005 because of you-know-what.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It has slowly died down the last couple of years. Immediately afterward it was pure hell. Pure hell, I tell you. The day of the parade? One of the worst days of my life.

Unfortunately, until we win it all, Sox fans will always hold that trump card. If you're having a baseball discussion with them, especially about the Cubs and Sox -- and it doesn't matter if the Cubs are in first and the Sox are in last -- they will find a way to mention 2005. Even if it's something as moronic as, "That's OK if the Sox are in last right now. I can still go home and watch my 2005 World Series DVD when I get home tonight."

Why can't we just win it once? Just once -- it's all I ask -- and it will all go away.

While I appreciate you lumping all Sox fans into the same colossal bag of douche, wait...no, I don't appreciate it, at all...

The Cubs and Sox, aside from 6 games per year, have nothing to do with each other outside of division trades that could, in turn, help a rival team. That aside, they have almost no relation, and anyone -- and I mean anyone -- on either side of this ongoing Cubs/Sox/Democrat/Republican tard argument is a fucking douchebasket. A douchebasket is a collection of douchebags, so it's clearly worse.

I hate being lumped into a group of fans like this, and if the tables were turned, you'd see a lot of Cubs fans pulling that same retarded nonsense, and it wouldn't make them any better.

The Cubs fans hatred of the Cardinals, I get that -- it's a REAL rivalry.

The Sox fans hatred of the Twins, again, I get that -- it's another REAL rivalry.

But Sox/Cubs fans hatred of each other is pointless in the grand scheme of things. Any Sox fan that finds excuses to bring up 2005, Goats, Curses or anything else is a fucking undeserving idiot and not worth listening too in the first place, so why let it bother you?!

Now you see what you've done, Butch?! You've caused me create a paradox which could rip the space time continuum and cause the destruction of our localized galaxy (or something to that effect) because I, in essence, just brought up 2005, Goats and Curses...yet I refuse to be called a douche.

Dude, if ANYONE had claimed that each and every Sox fan is a douchebag, or if ANYONE had claimed all Cub fans are good and true fans, then I suppose I could understand your diatribe. But that isn't the case.

The point is, and while I can't prove this conclusively, Sox fans TEND to care about the Cubs way more than Cub fans care about the Sox.

In addition to the bar story I already told you,

-I had two different sox fans email me during the Peavy debacle explaining to me how great it would be if the Sox get him because it would screw the Cubs.
-I had a pregnant girl today tell me that she is going to send out announcements of her newborn with him dressed in Cardinal outfits, because she is a Sox fan and she knows it will piss off her Cub fan friends and family. HER FRIENDS AND FAMILY. (I have no idea why she isn't dressing him in Sox stuff by the way)
-On virtually every message board that I read about the Peavy negotiations, there was one or more persons cheering how great this was because the Sox were going to bitch slap the Cubs. Not about how great it would be to have Peavy. How great it would be to piss off Cub fans.

These things all happened just within the last 48 hours.

Certainly not all Sox fans are like this, as I have a few friends I can talk baseball with who are Sox fans and who I don't want to strangle. But, as I have stated before, when you have an organization whose owner bad mouths the Cubs in public, whose General Manager bad mouths the Cubs in public, whose manager bad mouths the Cubs in public, it's no wonder the fan base, IN GENERAL, seems obsessed with the Cubs.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
i'm usually pretty objective and i'll have to agree with butch/bt/etc that sox fans LOVE to hate the cubs. they THRIVE on it.

Other than the occasional idiot you don't see that too much from the cubs fan base.
<!--quoteo(post=39473:date=May 22 2009, 04:35 PM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ May 22 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm usually pretty objective and i'll have to agree with butch/bt/etc that sox fans LOVE to hate the cubs. they THRIVE on it.

<b>Other than the occasional idiot you don't see that too much from the cubs fan base.</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Phan, with all due respect about 25% of this site fit that category.
<!--quoteo(post=39474:date=May 22 2009, 03:48 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ May 22 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39473:date=May 22 2009, 04:35 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ May 22 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm usually pretty objective and i'll have to agree with butch/bt/etc that sox fans LOVE to hate the cubs. they THRIVE on it.

<b>Other than the occasional idiot you don't see that too much from the cubs fan base.</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=39474:date=May 22 2009, 03:48 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ May 22 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39473:date=May 22 2009, 04:35 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ May 22 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm usually pretty objective and i'll have to agree with butch/bt/etc that sox fans LOVE to hate the cubs. they THRIVE on it.

Two things.

1. I hate that I've become this way about the Sox. I don't enjoy it at all.

2. I wasn't like this before 2005. For the most part, I was pretty indifferent. 2005 changed everything.
<!--quoteo(post=39478:date=May 22 2009, 03:54 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 22 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39474:date=May 22 2009, 03:48 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ May 22 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39473:date=May 22 2009, 04:35 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ May 22 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm usually pretty objective and i'll have to agree with butch/bt/etc that sox fans LOVE to hate the cubs. they THRIVE on it.

Two things.

1. I hate that I've become this way about the Sox. I don't enjoy it at all.

2. I wasn't like this before 2005. For the most part, I was pretty indifferent. 2005 changed everything.
Ditto.

I know people aren't going to believe me, and that's fine, but up until a few years ago the Sox never entered into my vocabulary. I was indifferent. I want to go back to being that person.
<!--quoteo(post=39466:date=May 22 2009, 02:34 PM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ May 22 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39464:date=May 22 2009, 02:07 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 22 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->For the record, hPOD, you seem like a good guy. I wish more Sox fans were like you.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Like anyone I can be a good guy at times -- but I have my dickbag moments, too. I just try to reserve them for something more important than never ending Cubs/Sox arguments. Besides, I have to keep my sanity somehow -- just look at my team this year -- imagine the sky is falling crap I have to deal with on a daily basis when people start talking about baseball.

At least you have a team that remembers how to play!

let me remind you that this is a cubs board. if you're insecure about what people say about your beloved bunch of inbred drug addled pederast ass clowns, then maybe you need to look around son. if we can't hate the white sox here, there where the fuck do you propose we do it?

you may be a great guy, how the fuck would i know? you may also be a horse pumping pill popping elderly sodomizing cock jockey for i know. who cares? the fact that you're a white sox fan means you're already behind the eight ball as far as i'm concerned.

don't like it when we criticize white sox fans? then heres a site you can go to and meet tons of fans like yourself: www.nambla.com. have at it.
Wang.
when i was a kid, i didn't even hate the white sox. my uncle lived with us, and though he wasn't a sox fan per se, he enjoyed watching baseball and he'd watch them when they were on channel 44.

i really didn't start hating them until i started meeting their fans. just the stupidest motherfuckers.

then came hawk and wimpy and then dj. god i hated those fuckers. then came ozzie. then came the world series. now i can say with all honesty that i hate the team as much as i hate the fans, which is a lot.
Wang.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

HOLY SHIT!!!