Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm beginning to understand the Sux & Cards angst
Twice now since the season has started I have had two different guys waiting on me before I even have gotten out of my car at work. All just to talk shit. I fucking loathe Cardinal fans. What sucks is most of my good friends are Cardinal fans.
I hate people who root for any team in our division basically..hate em all becuase mostly they don't know baseball like i do (not that I know a lot but they don't know anything) Especially Brewers fans. One because the only thing they have to brag about lately is the one wild card last year and the fact they made it farther than we did in the playoffs. But Brewers fans lately are the worst, mostly becuase they seem to have come out of nowhere and like Andy said summed up into one phrase..."they don't know shit"
[Image: eaobup.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=39252:date=May 21 2009, 04:45 PM:name=Ronsantorocks)-->QUOTE (Ronsantorocks @ May 21 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hate people who root for any team in our division basically..hate em all becuase mostly they don't know baseball like i do (not that I know a lot but they don't know anything) Especially Brewers fans. One because the only thing they have to brag about lately is the one wild card last year and the fact they made it farther than we did in the playoffs. But Brewers fans lately are the worst, mostly becuase they seem to have come out of nowhere and like Andy said summed up into one phrase..."they don't know shit"<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Any Brewers fan that brags that they "made it farther than us in the playoffs" is a fucking dumbass douchebag. They didn't make it farther...they just played one extra game before they got eliminated. Also, next time, remind them that there piece of shit team made the playoffs on the LAST day of the season by beating our AAA lineup.

FUCK THEM ALL IN THE EAR!!
At softball on Wednesday night, my buddy and I noticed the difference between a Sox fan and a Cubs fan. Both games were on the TV's in the bar we go to after our games. When the Cardinals scored a run against the Cubs, a huge cheer went up in the bar. I can tell you, none of the people in the bar were Cardinal fans. These were Sox fans rooting for the Cards. A few moments later, the Twins scored against the Sox. Dead silence. I can further assure you that there were probably more Cub fans in the bar than Sox fans.

It's sad and pathetic to watch these wretches root AGAINST a team not in their division or league, as opposed to simply rooting FOR their team. And the idea that these pathetic cock fellaters were rewarded for this kind of "fandom" with a WS win has got to rank up there with existence of cancer and Dick Cheney as proof there is no God.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=39427:date=May 22 2009, 10:14 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ May 22 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->At softball on Wednesday night, my buddy and I noticed the difference between a Sox fan and a Cubs fan. Both games were on the TV's in the bar we go to after our games. When the Cardinals scored a run against the Cubs, a huge cheer went up in the bar. I can tell you, none of the people in the bar were Cardinal fans. These were Sox fans rooting for the Cards. A few moments later, the Twins scored against the Sox. Dead silence. I can further assure you that there were probably more Cub fans in the bar than Sox fans.

It's sad and pathetic to watch these wretches root AGAINST a team not in their division or league, as opposed to simply rooting FOR their team. And the idea that these pathetic cock fellaters were rewarded for this kind of "fandom" with a WS win has got to rank up there with existence of cancer and Dick Cheney as proof there is no God.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Add in the fact that Cheney is a Cubs fan, and it all makes life seem like some sort of Fellini nightmare.
<!--quoteo(post=39427:date=May 22 2009, 10:14 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ May 22 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->At softball on Wednesday night, my buddy and I noticed the difference between a Sox fan and a Cubs fan. Both games were on the TV's in the bar we go to after our games. When the Cardinals scored a run against the Cubs, a huge cheer went up in the bar. I can tell you, none of the people in the bar were Cardinal fans. These were Sox fans rooting for the Cards. A few moments later, the Twins scored against the Sox. Dead silence. I can further assure you that there were probably more Cub fans in the bar than Sox fans.

It's sad and pathetic to watch these wretches root AGAINST a team not in their division or league, as opposed to simply rooting FOR their team. And the idea that these pathetic cock fellaters were rewarded for this kind of "fandom" with a WS win has got to rank up there with existence of cancer and Dick Cheney as proof there is no God.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i will never get over the fact that the white sox won a world series. it will haunt me til the day i die.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=39162:date=May 21 2009, 02:04 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 21 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39156:date=May 21 2009, 01:55 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ May 21 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That's how it's been around here since 2005 because of you-know-what.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It has slowly died down the last couple of years. Immediately afterward it was pure hell. Pure hell, I tell you. The day of the parade? One of the worst days of my life.

Unfortunately, until we win it all, Sox fans will always hold that trump card. If you're having a baseball discussion with them, especially about the Cubs and Sox -- and it doesn't matter if the Cubs are in first and the Sox are in last -- they will find a way to mention 2005. Even if it's something as moronic as, "That's OK if the Sox are in last right now. I can still go home and watch my 2005 World Series DVD when I get home tonight."

Why can't we just win it once? Just once -- it's all I ask -- and it will all go away.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

While I appreciate you lumping all Sox fans into the same colossal bag of douche, wait...no, I don't appreciate it, at all...

The Cubs and Sox, aside from 6 games per year, have nothing to do with each other outside of division trades that could, in turn, help a rival team. That aside, they have almost no relation, and anyone -- and I mean anyone -- on either side of this ongoing Cubs/Sox/Democrat/Republican tard argument is a fucking douchebasket. A douchebasket is a collection of douchebags, so it's clearly worse.

I hate being lumped into a group of fans like this, and if the tables were turned, you'd see a lot of Cubs fans pulling that same retarded nonsense, and it wouldn't make them any better.

The Cubs fans hatred of the Cardinals, I get that -- it's a REAL rivalry.

The Sox fans hatred of the Twins, again, I get that -- it's another REAL rivalry.

But Sox/Cubs fans hatred of each other is pointless in the grand scheme of things. Any Sox fan that finds excuses to bring up 2005, Goats, Curses or anything else is a fucking undeserving idiot and not worth listening too in the first place, so why let it bother you?!

Now you see what you've done, Butch?! You've caused me create a paradox which could rip the space time continuum and cause the destruction of our localized galaxy (or something to that effect) because I, in essence, just brought up 2005, Goats and Curses...yet I refuse to be called a douche.

You act like NO Cubs fans ever do this, when I can assure you that's not the case. I've been on the receiving end of this plenty, but I don't let it bother me. People like that are not worth paying attention too. Back to my Butcher reply -- the "Sox" fans present in that bar weren't Sox fans, they were douchefans.
Learn when to cheer without the aid of a jumbotron, then talk your Sox shit.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
While it's possible that you might be the one true and decent Sox fan on earth, hPOD, I've suffered through far too many Sox fan encounters to just let it rest.

Let me be clear about something -- I have three very close friends who are Sox fans. One of them I've known since 2nd grade. I'm still confused how they ended up Sox fans while growing up on the Northside of Chicago, but that's another issue (one of them had to do with the Cubs trading Dave Kingman and never being able to forgive the team for that sin).

Two of these guys were in my wedding. One of them came to my mother's funeral.

But I swear -- if the discussion *ever* turns to baseball, it takes all of the willpower that I possess NOT to choke every last breath out of their lungs. Again -- incredibly nice guys 99% of the time. Guys I would step in front of a punch for (I probably wouldn't take a bullet for them). But the biggest douchebags in the world the moment baseball comes up in conversation.

It's why I will never initiate a baseball discussion with a Sox fan -- not even Sox fans who happen to be friends of mine. You guys simply can't help yourselves.
<!--quoteo(post=39450:date=May 22 2009, 01:30 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 22 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->While it's possible that you might be the one true and decent Sox fan on earth, hPOD, I've suffered through far too many Sox fan encounters to just let it rest.

Let me be clear about something -- I have three very close friends who are Sox fans. One of them I've known since 2nd grade. I'm still confused how they ended up Sox fans while growing up on the Northside of Chicago, but that's another issue (one of them had to do with the Cubs trading Dave Kingman and never being able to forgive the team for that sin).

But I swear -- if the discussion *ever* turns to baseball, it takes all of the willpower that I possess NOT to choke every last breath out of their lungs. Again -- incredibly nice guys 99% of the time. Guys I would step in front of a punch for (I probably wouldn't take a bullet for them). But the biggest douchebags in the world the moment baseball comes up in conversation.

It's why I will never initiate a baseball discussion with a Sox fan -- not even Sox fans who happen to be friends of mine. You guys simply can't help yourselves.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can help myself just fine. Remember, though, this is very much a two way street and if the shoe was on the other foot, Sox fans would be going through something similar. Of course, the day will come that they do, and many of them will deserve every second of what they get, but not all of us. Sports are supposed to be entertaining, it's about being competitive but it's also about being gracious. Anytime sports interferes in your relationships with friends or family, it's gone too far, and a civilized person would recognize that.
<!--quoteo(post=39451:date=May 22 2009, 01:37 PM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ May 22 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39450:date=May 22 2009, 01:30 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 22 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->While it's possible that you might be the one true and decent Sox fan on earth, hPOD, I've suffered through far too many Sox fan encounters to just let it rest.

It's why I will never initiate a baseball discussion with a Sox fan -- not even Sox fans who happen to be friends of mine. You guys simply can't help yourselves.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can help myself just fine. Remember, though, this is very much a two way street and if the shoe was on the other foot, Sox fans would be going through something similar. <b>Of course, the day will come that they do, and many of them will deserve every second of what they get, but not all of us.</b> Sports are supposed to be entertaining, it's about being competitive but it's also about being gracious. Anytime sports interferes in your relationships with friends or family, it's gone too far, and a civilized person would recognize that.
Oh, how I wish you were right about that. But it's never going to happen. Cubs fans are just going to take it up the ass from Sox, Cards, and maybe even Brewers fans now for the rest of our lives and there isn't anything we can do about it except try and ignore it.

Believe me -- there's nothing that would thrill me more than to be able to go to a Cubs/Sox game or a Cubs/Cards game and just be able to cheer for my team without having to hear a bunch of shit talk about 100 years, Bartman, goats, etc. There's no two way street because Cubs fans aren't on equal footing with Cards or Sox fans. You guys will always hold the trump card...and for the most part (yourself excluded, perhaps), you don't mind playing it at every single opportunity.
<!--quoteo(post=39452:date=May 22 2009, 01:44 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 22 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39451:date=May 22 2009, 01:37 PM:name=hPOD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hPOD @ May 22 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39450:date=May 22 2009, 01:30 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 22 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh, how I wish you were right about that. But it's never going to happen. Cubs fans are just going to take it up the ass from Sox, Cards, and maybe even Brewers fans now for the rest of our lives and there isn't anything we can do about it except try and ignore it.

Believe me -- there's nothing that would thrill me more than to be able to go to a Cubs/Sox game or a Cubs/Cards game and just be able to cheer for my team without having to hear a bunch of <b>shit talk about 100 years, Bartman, goats, etc. There's no two way street because Cubs fans aren't on equal footing with Cards or Sox fans. You guys will always hold the trump card</b>...and for the most part (yourself excluded, perhaps), you don't mind playing it at every single opportunity.
As Bill Simmons says constantly, every single OUNCE of that shit went away forever after the Red Sox won in '04.
That's all we have to do. Win once.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
There are plenty of idiot Cubs fans, and plenty that may take great pleasure in Sox losses or whenever anything bad happens to the South Siders. That's not the issue here though. The issue is cultural. While most of us can and have tolerated having 2 teams in the same city, to the vast majority of Sox fans that I've encountered in my lifetime, the mere mention of the Cubs-Sox rivalry is like bringing up the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, and they just can't accept the fact that we even exist, not to mention that our team is more popular. There's a culture on the South Side that hates the Cubs first, and likes the Sox second. That's what I take issue with.
<!--quoteo(post=39458:date=May 22 2009, 01:55 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 22 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39452:date=May 22 2009, 01:44 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 22 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39451:date=May 22 2009, 01:37 PM:name=hPOD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hPOD @ May 22 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39450:date=May 22 2009, 01:30 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 22 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->While it's possible that you might be the one true and decent Sox fan on earth, hPOD, I've suffered through far too many Sox fan encounters to just let it rest.

I can help myself just fine. Remember, though, this is very much a two way street and if the shoe was on the other foot, Sox fans would be going through something similar. <b>Of course, the day will come that they do, and many of them will deserve every second of what they get, but not all of us.</b> Sports are supposed to be entertaining, it's about being competitive but it's also about being gracious. Anytime sports interferes in your relationships with friends or family, it's gone too far, and a civilized person would recognize that.

Believe me -- there's nothing that would thrill me more than to be able to go to a Cubs/Sox game or a Cubs/Cards game and just be able to cheer for my team without having to hear a bunch of <b>shit talk about 100 years, Bartman, goats, etc. There's no two way street because Cubs fans aren't on equal footing with Cards or Sox fans. You guys will always hold the trump card</b>...and for the most part (yourself excluded, perhaps), you don't mind playing it at every single opportunity.
As Bill Simmons says constantly, every single OUNCE of that shit went away forever after the Red Sox won in '04.
That's all we have to do. Win once.
And that's all I want. I want one World Series win. Just one -- I'm not greedy.

But it's never going to happen.