Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm beginning to understand the Sux & Cards angst
Living in WI, I've never fully understood the angst, sometimes bordering on hate, you IL guys feel for White Sox and Cardinal fans. Things have begun to change the past 3-4 years for me.

The fan base for the Brewers has gone from nearly non-existent, but knowledgeable fans to tons who know nothing. Just about everyone in this state is currently wearing a Brewer hat or shirt. Most of them could not name anyone on the team other than Braun and Fielder. The fact that they call him Brauny annoys me. Just about everything annoys me about Brewer fans.

I'm an avid sports talk listener. The station I listen to in Mid-April had an entire 2 hour segment devoted to the radio guys and callers doing nothing more than talking about how "baseball isn't fun and they just weren't feeling baseball this season". So for the remainder of that week, they probably spoke about baseball a total of 15 minutes during a 5 hour show.

Turn your clocks ahead 1 month. The ONLY thing talked about now is how great the Brewers are. But now, instead of modestly intelligent people calling in, complete morons are calling in. Yesterday a caller referred to Braun-Fielder-Hart as Murderer's Row. Another caller thought they should be able to convert Matt Gamel to a second basemen.

I wear Cubs stuff on a daily basis and there isn't a day that goes by in which someone doesn't taunt me. It's unbelievable to me. I'm starting to understand how a person could dislike another person simply because of their fandom. I really don't like Brewer fans and can't stand the Brewers. I need them to lose and lose a lot so I don't have to put up with all the Bandwagoning, dumbass Brewer fans.
I got nothin'.

Andy
That's how it's been around here since 2005 because of you-know-what.
I went to see Louis CK in Milwaukee about a month ago. We got to our seats about 15 minutes before the show started and it's only about 20% full at that point. We get to our seats in the balcony and there's a group of three guys sitting about three rows behind us and one section over. One of them is wearing a Cubs shirt. All the way on the other side of the balcony is a larger group of guys standing in the aisle, chatting, drinking, etc. One of them is shouting, over, and over, and over, and over (presumably to the guy wearing the Cubs shirt), "CUBS SUCK! CUBS SUCK! CUBS SUCK!" I was actually kind of glad I wasn't wearing any Cubs gear that night.

I can only imagine it will get worse as the Brewers continue to play well and if the Cubs don't pull their shit together.

Stay strong, Andy.
Andy speaks the truth.
<!--quoteo(post=39156:date=May 21 2009, 01:55 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ May 21 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That's how it's been around here since 2005 because of you-know-what.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It has slowly died down the last couple of years. Immediately afterward it was pure hell. Pure hell, I tell you. The day of the parade? One of the worst days of my life.

Unfortunately, until we win it all, Sox fans will always hold that trump card. If you're having a baseball discussion with them, especially about the Cubs and Sox -- and it doesn't matter if the Cubs are in first and the Sox are in last -- they will find a way to mention 2005. Even if it's something as moronic as, "That's OK if the Sox are in last right now. I can still go home and watch my 2005 World Series DVD when I get home tonight."

Why can't we just win it once? Just once -- it's all I ask -- and it will all go away.
I could REALLY use that. Sadly, Brewer morons use the same argument against the Cubs, that we haven't won in 100 years. 95% of them don't realize the Brewers have never won the WS and have only been to the post season 3 times in the 40 years of their existence. Fucking morons.

Just thinking about them gets me pissed off.
I got nothin'.

Andy
I feel your pain, Andy. It gets rather tiring hearing "LOLgoat! LOLblackcat! LOLbartman! LOL100years!" It seems impossible to talk baseball without an opposing fan resorting to this juvenile bullshit.

My stepmom is a Brewers fan, but thankfully she isn't a douchebag about it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=39168:date=May 21 2009, 02:10 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ May 21 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I feel your pain, Andy. It gets rather tiring hearing "LOLgoat! LOLblackcat! LOLbartman! LOL100years!" It seems impossible to talk baseball without an opposing fan resorting to this juvenile bullshit.

My stepmom is a Brewers fan, but thankfully she isn't a douchebag about it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So are these people laughing, or are they actually saying "LOL"?
<!--quoteo(post=39169:date=May 21 2009, 02:15 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ May 21 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39168:date=May 21 2009, 02:10 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ May 21 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I feel your pain, Andy. It gets rather tiring hearing "LOLgoat! LOLblackcat! LOLbartman! LOL100years!" It seems impossible to talk baseball without an opposing fan resorting to this juvenile bullshit.

My stepmom is a Brewers fan, but thankfully she isn't a douchebag about it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=39169:date=May 21 2009, 02:15 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ May 21 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39168:date=May 21 2009, 02:10 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ May 21 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I feel your pain, Andy. It gets rather tiring hearing "LOLgoat! LOLblackcat! LOLbartman! LOL100years!" It seems impossible to talk baseball without an opposing fan resorting to this juvenile bullshit.

They actually say it as "El Oh El."
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

We could win the division 20 years straight, and we'd still be a laughing stock.
being a cubs fan is the hardest thing a person can do. fuck rocket science and brain surgery or putting your loved one in a home or choosing which kid to save if your house is burning down. being a cub fan is much harder.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=39166:date=May 21 2009, 02:08 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ May 21 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I could REALLY use that. Sadly, Brewer morons use the same argument against the Cubs, that we haven't won in 100 years. 95% of them don't realize the Brewers have never won the WS and have only been to the post season 3 times in the 40 years of their existence. Fucking morons.

Just thinking about them gets me pissed off.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

All of us Wisconsin folk need to meet in Stevens Point, wear all our Cub gear, and actually just listen to some of the moronic Brewers fans. Andy, I have been thinking of posting something similar to your post since last year. Being someone who has lived in the Chicago area and now in Wisconsin, I have to say that Sox fans and Brewer fans are about the same when it comes to knowledge....95% of them don't know jack shit. The only difference is that the Brewer fans are fat cheese eating drunks....Sox fans are meth addicts....either way, they all fucking suck!
<!--quoteo(post=39230:date=May 21 2009, 04:25 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ May 21 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39166:date=May 21 2009, 02:08 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ May 21 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I could REALLY use that. Sadly, Brewer morons use the same argument against the Cubs, that we haven't won in 100 years. 95% of them don't realize the Brewers have never won the WS and have only been to the post season 3 times in the 40 years of their existence. Fucking morons.

All of us Wisconsin folk need to meet in Stevens Point, wear all our Cub gear, and actually just listen to some of the moronic Brewers fans. Andy, I have been thinking of posting something similar to your post since last year. Being someone who has lived in the Chicago area and now in Wisconsin, I have to say that Sox fans and Brewer fans are about the same when it comes to knowledge....95% of them don't know jack shit. The only difference is that the Brewer fans are fat cheese eating drunks....Sox fans are meth addicts....either way, they all fucking suck!

see, i find that kind of stereotype to be offensive. brewer fans do plenty of meth.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=39234:date=May 21 2009, 04:27 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 21 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39230:date=May 21 2009, 04:25 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ May 21 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=39166:date=May 21 2009, 02:08 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ May 21 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I could REALLY use that. Sadly, Brewer morons use the same argument against the Cubs, that we haven't won in 100 years. 95% of them don't realize the Brewers have never won the WS and have only been to the post season 3 times in the 40 years of their existence. Fucking morons.

see, i find that kind of stereotype to be offensive. brewer fans do plenty of meth.

Meh...just the ones in SE Wisconsin. Racine/Kenosha/Milwaukee I will agree. But other parts I think it is generally fat cheese eating drunks. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]