Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derosa back to Cubs?
My sister sent me a message saying that MLB Net reported that both the Cubs and Braves might be interested in acquiring Derosa. Wouldn't this be Hendry admitting he made a mistake? I know some are tired of hearing about the whole Derosa thing, but this is what was reported. Interesting.

Also heard them talking the other night about Wood being trade bait by the deadline.
Well, he's almost certain to be moved, and if it's soon, the Cubs make a lot of sense. Embarrassing, to be sure.

And you've been linked as a source, vegas.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
It would be too good to be true
If he comes back. This team will instantly win 9 in a row. Wrigley will go nuts when he plays the first game back. It's not just his play, it's what he brings to the table. His heart, drive, and lovabilty.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Wow, tell me you weren't serious with that.
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=43550:date=Jun 10 2009, 07:00 PM:name=Baron)-->QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 10 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wow, tell me you weren't serious with that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Dead serious. He'll bring back the cicadas.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
I'd love to have them both back, but it will never happen.
Wait a second though, is MLB Net really "reporting" anything if they say the Cubs and Braves "might" be interested in DeRo? So might any team, that's not reporting, it's speculation based on our obvious needs. The Twins might be interested in him too or the Angels, same for pretty much any team that has a hole they want to fill.

I'm pretty sure it's only reporting something if they have something to report, like Hendry is talking to the Indians or at least responded to the Indians shopping of him by placing a phone call. Is that what they were saying, or were they just pointing out that the Cubs could really use him with Aram out and so many bats at about .200?
<!--quoteo(post=43573:date=Jun 10 2009, 08:59 PM:name=MrSheps)-->QUOTE (MrSheps @ Jun 10 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wait a second though, is MLB Net really "reporting" anything if they say the Cubs and Braves "might" be interested in DeRo? So might any team, that's not reporting, it's speculation based on our obvious needs. The Twins might be interested in him too or the Angels, same for pretty much any team that has a hole they want to fill.

I'm pretty sure it's only reporting something if they have something to report, like Hendry is talking to the Indians or at least responded to the Indians shopping of him by placing a phone call. Is that what they were saying, or were they just pointing out that the Cubs could really use him with Aram out and so many bats at about .200?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry, dude. Didn't really get any details out of it. Not sure if they mentioned a source or not. I will ask my sis if they elaborated at all.
Awesome, I hope they said the Cubs have expressed interest or something. I don't think it would happen, but man I'd love it if it did.
The Cards, Brewers and Reds also all have 3bman on the DL. The Cubs should at least get him to block those teams. I just don't think Hendry will not want it to look like he made a mistake.
I like you guys a lot.
DeRosa returning to the Cubs is highly unlikely.

If Hendry were interested in correcting his error in leaving the team without a real back up third baseman, he could have picked him up weeks ago when Aramis first went down or after realizing that Miles days of hitting 300 were past him.

Mark would make a solid addition to the team - better than Ryan Freel - but I can't see Hendry / Cubs paying much to have him return.

This would be highlight of the season... for the entertainment value it would bring to this board
mark derosa coming back would be like jesus christ coming back. it would be rapturous.
Wang.
I don't think it is Hendry admitting a mistake. We all know he moved DeRo in hopes of landing Peavy. Now, that Peavy isn't really an option it would make sense to bring DeRosa back. He did leave on good terms. "This was the hardest decision I ever had to make, blah blah blah."