Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moves Tomorrow
<!--quoteo(post=48305:date=Jul 6 2009, 12:59 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 6 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48294:date=Jul 6 2009, 12:37 PM:name=BackyardLegend)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BackyardLegend @ Jul 6 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48265:date=Jul 6 2009, 10:59 AM:name=dk123)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dk123 @ Jul 6 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I would not object to moving Fox to LF and Soriano to 2B, at least for a few games to see what happens.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In a perfect world you could do something like this, but not in the Major Leagues. Soriano was a subpar 2b and he hasn't played there in what--4 years? No way would that work.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't want to see Soraino at 2B either, but he has played a few innings there as a Cub (even this year, I think).

Yes, he did this year for a little bit. I don't think he got a chance to make a play though (probably a good thing).
<!--quoteo(post=48308:date=Jul 6 2009, 01:05 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jul 6 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48305:date=Jul 6 2009, 12:59 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 6 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48294:date=Jul 6 2009, 12:37 PM:name=BackyardLegend)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BackyardLegend @ Jul 6 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48265:date=Jul 6 2009, 10:59 AM:name=dk123)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dk123 @ Jul 6 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I would not object to moving Fox to LF and Soriano to 2B, at least for a few games to see what happens.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In a perfect world you could do something like this, but not in the Major Leagues. Soriano was a subpar 2b and he hasn't played there in what--4 years? No way would that work.
I don't want to see Soraino at 2B either, but he has played a few innings there as a Cub (even this year, I think).

Yes, he did this year for a little bit. I don't think he got a chance to make a play though (probably a good thing).

Sorry, I meant he hasn't played 2b at any significant level in a few years. If he had been getting starts and making plays at 2b--I'd give it further thought. But since 2006, he has played 3 total innings at that position. No dice for me.
"Last year, I was sort of a kid and I was a little scared, I ain't scared any more."
Quote:- Hank Aaron
We traded Freel? How's that for news?
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs trade INF-OF Freel to Royals
15 minutes ago

CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Cubs have traded utilityman Ryan Freel to the Kansas City Royals for a player to be named.

The 33-year-old Freel started the year with Baltimore and later was traded to the Cubs. He's been injured this season and was batting .140 overall when Monday's trade was made.

The Royals also get cash to help offset Freel's salary. He was expected to join Kansas City for Tuesday night's game at Detroit.

Freel has started at five positions in his career, playing the infield and outfield.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=48341:date=Jul 6 2009, 01:57 PM:name=Quinn)-->QUOTE (Quinn @ Jul 6 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We traded Freel? How's that for news?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Damn...poor guy is back in the AL.
<!--quoteo(post=48351:date=Jul 6 2009, 12:09 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jul 6 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs trade INF-OF Freel to Royals
15 minutes ago

CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Cubs have traded utilityman Ryan Freel to the Kansas City Royals for a player to be named.

The 33-year-old Freel started the year with Baltimore and later was traded to the Cubs. He's been injured this season and was batting .140 overall when Monday's trade was made.

The Royals also get cash to help offset Freel's salary. He was expected to join Kansas City for Tuesday night's game at Detroit.

Freel has started at five positions in his career, playing the infield and outfield.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How many blowjobs would it take to make it Greinke?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=48354:date=Jul 6 2009, 02:14 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 6 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48351:date=Jul 6 2009, 12:09 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Jul 6 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs trade INF-OF Freel to Royals
15 minutes ago

How many blowjobs would it take to make it Greinke?

More than there are.
Soriano's struggled to field a groundball in the outfield. I don't want to see him fielding rocket groundballs, turning double plays, etc. at 2nd base. The way he's moving, I don't know if he even has the lateral quickness right now to play there.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->With Aramis Ramirez, Reed Johnson and Angel Guzman coming off the disabled list, the Cubs sent outfielder Sam Fuld and right hander Kevin Hart to Triple-A Iowa and placed right-handed pitcher David Patton on the DL with a groin strain.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bye Bye Patton
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=48380:date=Jul 6 2009, 04:04 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 6 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bye Bye Patton<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

details? source?
<!--quoteo(post=48380:date=Jul 6 2009, 04:04 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 6 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bye Bye Patton<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Huh? He only went on the DL. We will probably see him again once the rosters expand in Sept.
<!--quoteo(post=48382:date=Jul 6 2009, 04:11 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Jul 6 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48380:date=Jul 6 2009, 04:04 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 6 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bye Bye Patton<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Huh? He only went on the DL. We will probably see him again once the rosters expand in Sept.
Most likely. I'm just happy that we won't have to see him for a few months.
So, here's the roster now. We've got a good amount of versatility with position players, so Lou should be able to give guys days off, and we've got a handful of guys in the pen that can go more than one inning if needed. I think it's finally starting to look good:

<b>Pitchers </b>
Lilly
Zambrano
Dempster
Harden
Wells
Guzman
Heilman
Marshall
Samardzija
Marmol
Gregg

<b>Catchers </b>
Hill
Soto

<b>Infielders</b>
Baker
Blanco
Fontenot
Fox
Hoffpauir
Lee
Theriot
Ramirez

<b>Outfielders </b>
Bradley
Fukudome
Johnson
Soriano
Fox and Hoff can be considered IF/OF so at least we have some added depth, and I'm not so worried about the shortage of pitching as we seem to have quite a few arms now that can go 2 innings if need be, plus a SP or 2 available to work out of the pen by this weekend.