Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was 100% wrong about Lee
Just a public statement.

I was wrong about Lee. I wanted him traded. I wanted Hoffpauir to take his spot. I wanted him DFA'd. I said his swing was too long and he was done.

I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

That is all.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
DLee has a 10 inch cock
You da man Butch.
@TheBlogfines
The nice part is that it's a pleasant surprise for you Butch, as opposed to predicting a player is going to be amazing and then he ends up sucking balls.
<!--quoteo(post=48457:date=Jul 6 2009, 09:03 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jul 6 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The nice part is that it's a pleasant surprise for you Butch, as opposed to predicting a player is going to be amazing and then he ends up sucking balls.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bradley?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Yeah, my foot is definitely in my mouth on Lee. He owes me a big kick in the balls.
<!--quoteo(post=48463:date=Jul 6 2009, 11:44 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Jul 6 2009, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, my foot is definitely in my mouth on Lee. He owes me a big kick in the balls.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Im ashamed of myself too. I think he has a big enough heart in that 6'5 frame to fogive us tho
though i was never in the "trade lee" camp, i never expected him to be a power threat again. it's more than conceivable that hge'll hit 0ver 30 home runs. i didn't think that would happen again.
Wang.
What are you guys talking about? All he's done is increase his trade value. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Wow Butch...I nearly started a Derrek Lee apology thread last night. I feel the same exact way. I wanted him gone as well. Thank god he is still a cub.
So what happened? Did his back and wrist just heal up over night? I hope this means he's back to 2005 D-Lee, but I have to be honest, I'm skeptical.
I hope he isnt scheduled for a drug test.

Seriously, it has been nice to see him play so well lately.
<!--quoteo(post=48472:date=Jul 7 2009, 07:47 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 7 2009, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What are you guys talking about? All he's done is increase his trade value. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think we should trade him while we can. It can't last. 6'5" dudes don't dramatically improve in their mid 30s unless PEDs are involved. We should trade him in the offseason. The problem is his no trade clause.
<!--quoteo(post=48476:date=Jul 7 2009, 07:51 AM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jul 7 2009, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So what happened? Did his back and wrist just heal up over night? I hope this means he's back to 2005 D-Lee, but I have to be honest, I'm skeptical.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I dont think hell be back to 2005 dlee but hes hitting the inside fastball like he did in 2005 unlike last year when he was pounding the ball into the ground and serving up dps. Hes just getting around on the inside fastball plus hes nailing balls to the opposite field when they pitch away as hes done all his career.